Update: Pamela Anderson at the Homeless Shelter

Written by PETA | November 14, 2007

Update: The event was a huge success! Pam dished out plate after plate of the faux turkey, which was a big hit with the guests at the homeless shelter. Check out these exclusive pics:

Pamela_Anderson_soup_kitchen_2.jpg
Pamela_Anderson_soup_kitchen_4.jpg
Pamela_Anderson_soup_kitchen_3.jpg
Pamela_Anderson_soup_kitchen_5.jpg
Pamela_Anderson_soup_kitchen_6.jpg
Pamela_Anderson_soup_kitchen.jpg

Comments

• Lupita says:

Wow!Pam is great I hope she keeps up the good work and hopefully soon other famous people should do the same!thanksgiving shouldn’t just be about eating the turkey.

• Cory Haywood says:

I have nothing against PETA but why are you insulting my way of life by saying that meat is bad and we are terrible to the animals. We take quality care of the animals and the crap that all you see happens on 1 in a million farms. Try going to a normal small family farm and seeing what it is all about. o and good way of trying to cahnge peoples way of thinking by putting a chick with huge tits as a sponser who wouldnt want 2 eat food that she gives you i mean seriously

• Free Tibet says:

Pam u are simply great!! a true combination of beauty and brains PLUS compassion!! i love you pam.. FreeAnimal.org

• Judith, Freedom Fighter for Animals says:

Conservative 1 Lay off the drug’s and booze and quit sniffing glue. Your posts sound like a lunatic wrote them. Please crawl back under your rock and stay there.

• Jim Ivey says:

Maybe if Pamela came to my family’s thanksgiving we could actually convince the men to not eat the animals. God Speed

• Danielle says:

Way to go Pam!

• Caboose (Combine Slayer) says:

Conservative STFU you Republican terrorist.

• Ana says:

Killing sentient beings to feed the homeless is not the solution most especially when there are plenty of delicious meals that do not add flesh. Being homeless does not make killing more acceptable. I have served delicious vegan meals to the homeless and they were most grateful and thoroughly enjoyed the delicious and healthy food not to mention the cows chickens turkeys sheep goats and others that were pleased as well.

• J L Kabel says:

Pamela Anderson + fake turkey + food for homeless people awesome. That was a great idea.

• Ariel says:

Conservative NO.1 I am sorry to say that your comments came across as you being SO staunchly and seriously confused that I believe any attempts to explain anything to you would be a total waste of time. Meantime with you and other diehard anti’s who speak about what God wants and doesn’t want I really wonder when was the last time that all of you stepped in to a place of worship AND truly follow the Bible. Rafael Miranda I personally do NOT debate with any one who is against any part of ar’s because I believe it is not an issue that is debatable. There is NO debate about it captureenslavement torture abuse killing of any sentinent beings is wrong wrong wrong wrong and totally unacceptable especially by those of us who are conscienable educated about ar’s and sympatheticempathetic about another’s suffering. However I will say that some people who are not particularly ar’s activiststotally abstain from eating meat for other reasons. I will also say that I am more than willing to educate and enlighten people who are openminded and seriously want to learn about ar’s. It is only then that they can make an educated decision without preconceived notions that would be hindered by argument or debate. Btw I used to love to eat turkey too.

• JessicaKitty says:

Good job. I believe people and animals are equal people who eat them are wrong.

• Ksenia says:

You are the MOST BEATIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD because of your kindness.

• Susannah S says:

There’s a lot of silly press generated about Pamela Anderson her affairs and marriages etc. but in my mind she’s a good caring person who goes the distance for animals and I admire her.

• ConservativeNO.1 says:

so I see that post need to be approved by the blog owner. censorship. damn liberal hippy hypocrites. the green party will NEVER be elected into Prsidential office.

• ConservativeNO.1 says:

liberal hippies. you disgust me. So do you or do you not support helping the homeless? when mike gallagher killed a cow and gave it to the homeless you ppl went wild. I see that you valued the cow over thehomeless. Besides God specifically wanted Man to rule over animals not the other way around.

• Rafael Miranda says:

I just wanted to debate a little on this topic of an all vegetarian thanks giving me personaly i LOVE turkey! and though its not the greatest the way they are killed isnt it true that there is a food chain in the world and we just happen to be at the top of it? like come on we are not eating people its just a turkey with family whats wrong with that? and to be honest the fake turkey Pam is serving doesn’t look nearly as good as the real thing

• Helen says:

Thank you Pamela for opening the eyes of so many that are just not aware of all the cruelty in these slaughter houses. I cried when I watched this video amongst all the other horrific ones with cruelty to animals. How can people be so cruel and live with themselves. Keep up the good work you are a treasure to all of us and the animals. Was happy to see that this has also been seen worldwide. Also Nick De Beer which is in South Africa helping to educate over there. Baie Dankie!!

• Liz says:

GO PAM! power to the veggies!

• Terry Lindemann says:

I am the Director of Family Promise of Las Vegas where this event was held. Miss Anderson was graceful and did a great job of presenting the PETA Message. However we are not a Soup Kitchen and my families are disappointed that more was not done to know who we are and what we do. The Photographers were very rude to Miss Anderson and we decided we are glad we are not famous. Please see the work we do at http://www.familypromiselv.com. We thought Miss Anderson was terrific…The press did not get enough information to know who she was helping…Too Bad…

• France says:

And I hope that someday the PETA way will become the American way the way we used to say a long long time ago the Canadian way when it used to be more than international marketing and branding. And will replace the bloody Canadian bloody way. So long Pam

• ELIANA says:

god bless pamela anderson. not only is she famous and cool but she is showing her kind and golden heart. Pink and pamela are 2 of my most favorite celeb.s because they really understand how to make a difference and how a celebrities power is supposed to be used

• France says:

You’re a wonderful woman. Kind of events to be repeated.

• manuele says:

thanks to pamela thanks to peta and thanks to everyone who is Vegeterian ! manuele Italy

• Malva says:

PAM is the best she has a nice heart!

• Gerry Ardigliano says:

I often find myself wondering whenever I see Pam Anderson hooking up with Peta on behalf of the animals if she is aware how extremely grateful people are for all that she has done in her activism. I hope she is given this feedback regularly so that she never burns out and leaves the movement like past female celebrity activists. I completely adore her and hope she stays in it for the longhaul.

• Pat says:

Awesome. I second Keith’s comment from 1115 1109AM.

• Charles says:

I’ve always thought how much better it would be to serve those in need with something healthier and cruelty free. way to go Pam and Peta!!

• jayanta says:

Madam Pamela You have done a great job Iam proud of you Iam happy that you have saved the lives of many turkeys and all our efforts will not go in vain madam you are inspiration to take up and fight for animals. Christmas is near by GODJesus will be happy about the works you have commited “GOD BLESS PAMELA” “GOD BLESS PETA” Amen Yours truly Jayanta prabhu

• jainal badjao says:

I LOVE YOU PAM UR THE BEST I WISH YOU COULD SHARE THIS TO THE WHOLE WORLD…….

• nick says:

Pam you are a inspiration to all of us here in South Africa. Keep up the good work you and PETA are inspiring many of us down here to get up and do something. Love and Light Nick de Beer

• Sue says:

Faux turkey what’s in that stuff? If you become a vegetarian you should be eating fruit vegetables nuts and seeds not fake processed products. Gross!

• samantha says:

oh come on! how can those people kill something so cute!

• Paul says:

I was there for the event and I have to say Pam was wonderful. We dished up the food and she served the food taking the time to speak with everyone especially the children. Also the faux turkey is delicious worth trying.

• Kris Shulfer says:

Everything Pammy touches and does is wonderful. She is just a huge role model for so many. She is goofy funny and silly but boy can that girl make a statement I agree too bad PETA cannot find 1000 more celebs to use there power for this wonderful cause!! WE love you Pam… Wisconsin

• Peter Wu says:

It is wonderful to know that a well known star such as Pamela Anderson is taking the lead to spread the message of helping and fighting for animal rights and their welfare. These are not just animals they are breathing and living beings with emotions and feelings just like humans sentinel beings. Peter Wu San Francisco CA USA

• Tracy says:

to bad there’s not more beutiful people like pamela and Alex Baldwen there the best

• Isabella, Freedom Fighter says:

You are a wonderful lady Pammy. Thank you for speaking out all these years for the animals. You are one of a kind. Isabella

• laquesha says:

I LOVE THIS!!! LOVE U PAM!!

• Jaclyn says:

People are always talking about Pamela Anderson so I never miss a chance to let people know all the good things that she does for the animals. It makes people see her in a different way. I LOVE Pamela!

• Don Quijote says:

Pam and PETA are amazing every time i open this website there is a new phantastic surprise! This thanksgiving idea is very special and unforgettable and the volume of my private album increases more and more … thank you so much in the name of the animals and the POOR for doing this great thing!!!

• MeL says:

It’s great that her heart is as big as her jugs! Just kidding Pam! That veggie turkey looks better than a real one! Seriously why would you want to eat somethng that was tortured before it was killed? I couldn’t have that energy in me! Veg Thanksgiving here I come!

• Mike Quinoa says:

Thanks Pam. You’re an inspiration to us all.

• Carla says:

Way too go Pammy!! We love you!

• keith says:

You must take your hat off in salute to this ” Lady ” pity Peta.Org cannot find another thousand like her..

• Kelsey says:

Pam is so wonderful! The food looks amazing!

• silvia says:

your the best pam!

• Maya: Master's candidate, wildlife biology says:

Don’t forget the other alternative to skip Thanksgiving altogether. My Native American freinds have been forced onto the fringes of our society because of our government and I don’t like to celebrate that. I like to spend time in the woods if I have this wretched “holiday” off.

• Holly says:

God Bless Pamela Anderson for good work with the poor and for her kindness to the animals. I have great respect for her. Holly

• liliana says:

I bought already tofurky to invite my family to eat at least for 1 day no animals I am vegetarian but they aren’t I told them thanksgiving day is to thank for everything we are and we have it is not to kill turkeys. Thanks to Pamela she has a great heart

• Carla says:

I love turkey’s as pets not to eat them. Can you imagine if all the people in the world would just take a moment to look at these filthy hell holes these birds are killed in. I’m sure they wouldn’t be saying “pass the turkey please” at dinner! Well the saying goes if all the slaughter houses had windows we’d all be vegetarian.