Top Five Reasons Only Stupid Girls Brag About Eating Meat

Written by PETA | June 16, 2008

jessica-simpson-real-girls-eat-meat.jpgThe photo speaks for itself. OK, OK, I may have doctored it a bit to get the point across, but COME ON! As you can see, Jessica Simpson was recently caught wearing a “Real Girls Eat Meat” T-shirt. Puhleeze!

For a gal who’s best known for her less-than-stellar brains (Chicken of the Sea, anyone?) and her ability to proportionately fill out daisy dukes, I’m gonna go on record saying that if anyone had to wear a ridiculous shirt like this, I’m glad it was Jessica—as people are more likely to follow the opposite of her lead … ya know, since she’s so well respected and all (yes, that was difficult to type without tossing in a hefty LOL). Maybe the meat-eaters of the world will be embarrassed to be categorized in the same field as Jessica Simpson. Ecorazzi has more on the story.

Just for funsies, here are the top five reasons that only stupid girls brag about eating meat:

1. Meat increases the risk of breast cancer. A 2007 study of 35,000 women published in the British Journal of Cancer found that women who ate meat were far more likely to develop breast cancer than women who consumed none. Will Jessica’s next t-shirt will say, “Real Girls Smoke 3 Packs a Day”?2. Real girls don’t support animal abuse. Compassion is super sexy, if the huge number of hot celebs ditching meat is any indication. Young women turn vegetarian in droves when they learn that the meat industry cuts the sensitive beaks off newborn chicks and cuts off the tails of baby piglets.3. The meat industry is destroying the Earth. The only thing that’s hot about the meat industry is that it’s toasting the planet. According to the United Nations, raising animals for food causes more greenhouse-gas emissions than all the cars, trucks, SUVs, planes, and ships in the world combined. 4. Meat will make you fat. All the saturated fat and cholesterol in chicken wings, pork chops, and steak eventually leads to flabby thighs and love handles. I hope the upcoming “Jessica Simpson’s Intimates” line comes in plus sizes! Going vegetarian is the best way to get slim and stay that way. 5. Eating meat steals food from starving kids. Jessica’s trip to help kids in Africa got a lot of media buzz, but by gnawing on meat, she’s essentially stealing food from the mouths of starving children since it takes up to 16 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat. If more people went vegetarian, we’d free up enough grain to feed every person in the world. —ChristinePosted by Christine Dore

Comments

• chris says:

meat is good

• styles says:

you are all just jealous of a sucessful hot girl in america. stop hating. O and I love baby lamb. yummy.

• hp says:

There’s nothing better than a nice Filet Mignon. Yum Yum I’m hungry. I don’t think our front teeth are meant totally for a vegan diet.

• Carla says:

OKAY!! Vegetarians’ are just more conscious!! We evolved from the “Norm” That’s all!! Please don’t bash!! Love once a “meat eater” but now feeling sexier!!

• NotAVeg says:

I for one enjoy eating real food instead of getting my protiens from nuts and bugs. Or do you people consider bugs to be sacred as well? As for eating meat taking food away from hungry kids… why not just eat the kids and save everyone some grief? BEEF It’s what’s for dinner.

• don s. says:

i have half of a burger left from lunch. sorry i stole from the mouths of hungry african children. i support your cause most of the time but on this case your looking childish by ripping people who dont share your beliefs! grow up!

• Jon says:

Maybe by not always personally attacking people and just sticking to passing you information might get your cause a bit farther. Ted Nugent for President!

• AtlVege says:

I want to print up my own tee shirt in response……any good ideas as what to say?

• A real meat-eating girl says:

This is one of the most ridiculous articles I’ve read. Thank you for writing it. Keep up the good work PETA…you amuse me greatly. Sexy intelligent carnivore D

• KH says:

Now I know why her ass is twice as fat as Carrie Underwoods.

• randy says:

god for jessica i think she is great and should wear wear what ever she want and PETA can get a life

• zeek says:

i think it is great she likes to eat meat. i love meat especially deer meat.

• Mighty Meaty says:

Your comments are just too funny to let pass. OMG! Listening to the vegetables talk about vegetables is a damn hoot and half! Hahahahahahahahah! Meat rules!

• TimmyBaseball says:

At one point in history did eating meat become wrong? Pilgrims and pioneers would have starved to death without meat. Many Eskimos survive on a meatonly diet its hard to grow food in ice.

• BE. says:

You know whats funny is everyone on here bashing her is just jealous! She’s a great singer and gorgeous! Just because you dont look like her or sing like her dont bash her for a shirt! Last time I looked this is america the home of the FREE! We can wear what we want and eat what we want! If you wanna gnaw on a carrot for lunch so be it! And if you wanna nice juicy steak for lunch God bless you! Meat it’s what’s for dinner!

• Michael Hunt says:

I agree with not eating meat and all the benefits thereof but the comments here sound like a bunch of jealous whiny women who are very envious of the fact that Jessica Simpson is one of the hottest not smartest women around these days.

• anonymous says:

What do we do with all the animals in the food industry if we stop eating meat? Seriously.

• ELISE says:

Yeah because her shirt couldn’t possibly be about blow jobs.

• Randi says:

Call me a stupid girl! I LOVE MEAT!!! What make it ok for “PETA” to smack off some dumb ass comments about any one that eat’s meat????? Why don’t you go plant your garden and leave us meat eaters alone!?!

• Chris says:

Give me a break. It’s a tshirt.

• ceanf says:

‘If more people went vegetarian we’d free up enough grain to feed every person in the world.’ umm… peta sorry to say but the world food supply situation is just slightly more complex than what you imply. just stopping the production of meat will not result in every person in the world having enough food to eat all the time. keep dreaming though.

• J says:

good grief you people need to get a life…I was a vegetarian for over 20 years ..I’m not anymore and I’m much healthier for it…granted Ms. Simpson is hardly the most erudite of people…but she should be able to wear and say what she wants…is this not a democratic country?? Is free speech not a right over every US citizen? You liberals are all the same…bleating on about free speech unless you disagree with what’s being said…pathetic.

• kevin says:

Meat is good for you. It Will make you smarter and firm up your stool. EAT MEAT I always say.

• animalfriend says:

to all the antiblogging oximorons up here my time has become too precious for to repeat again and again the same arguments and i wonder why this peta blog is publishing all this rubbish again and again even more than at jack’s times! i just want to add the following every meat eater has to know that eating meat means the cruel death of an animal a living being! i’m a vegetarian for 35 years now for ethical reasons! i’m not thin and no living being has to die for me! i wish you all a nice time and so i make my farewells for once and always!

• Jackie says:

YOU GUYS ARE ALL RIDICULOUS…Sometimes meat is and essential part of life and even if it means killing a baby pig so be it….God put animals on this earth to be hunted…Get over yourselves and grow up Jessica has every right to eat what she wants and where a shirt that states it…

• Saucy says:

Hey Kim Yes That is People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. NOT People for the ethical treatment of STUPID PEOPLE. And as far as the Price of Rice. Talk to the Chineese oh informed ones. OOOhhhhhhhh Confronting meateateres is a fearsome thing. The truth is hard to degest. GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!

• Remy says:

“Only idiots eat animals” Judgemental selfrighteous trendfollower.

• CajuCLC says:

EAT FISH! Omega3 fatty acids in fish oil fish and seafood lower the total amount of LDL in the blood which can decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease. It has the best tipe of fat! People are supposed to eat MEAT our body needs MEAT! What should be done is stop how people kill the animals. Not stop eating meat this is so s….. O.o

• Maya, CVT says:

Brooklynne Thank you that is so sweet! You made a really good point our food supply in general is vanishing becoming tainted and if the bees die out then we are so screwed. The bee population is in trouble in the U.S. because we introduced honeybees an invasive species that are bred in apiaries and spreading diseases to themselves and other species that pollenate our crops. If the bees die out humans are only 4 years behind because we will all die of scurvy. ps Connell that’s a good question just so you know it is extremely unlikely that people will stop eating meat overnight. If we are VERY lucky eating meat would be phased out over 10 to 20 years time. In that quickest case scenario the cattle farmers would have a gradually diminishing demand so they would breed fewer and fewer animals. The cattle would die out as meat eating stopped. It would not happen suddenly. That way methane emissions would go down gradually as would deforestation for farmland. It would be an incredible benefit to the Earth.

• Brittany says:

Ok.. Those 5 reasons were really harsh dont you think? Just because Jessica eats meat doesnt mean that shes a bad person. Is she wearing fur? No leave her alone.. I hate when people make a big deal out of stupid shit.. Do you have a life?

• Lauren says:

While you make some good points a lot of these reasons are completely idiotic for lack of a better term. Were you being serious when you wrote number 5? Do you expect that if more people went vegetarian that it would solve world hunger? That’s such a ludicrous statement. As for number 3 this may be a valid statement but it’s not practical to think that people are willing to give up a source of protein before they stop driving their car. And number 2 really bugged me the most. When you say ‘real girls’ does that mean that ‘real boys’ can support animal abuse? I understand that you were trying to make some cheap pun at the expense of Jessica’s t shirt but it just ends up making you sound a bit sexist. On another note some of your arguments really shocked me. If they are in fact true then I may have to rethink my meat consumption.

• Erik says:

Meat Iron and protein the building blocks of muscle. Sure you can eat soy and lentils but the phytoestrogens in soy are directly related to increased estrogen in men and several forms of cancer including breast cancer in women. Soy is contraindicated for infants as well. So eat up your cancer causing soy I’ll be the blood sucking vampire.

• Sheep says:

Soy is a bigger cause of breast cancer than meat is. Ever read those studies PETA? Plus meat makes you fat? Isn’t that a little bit superficial? More superficial than a blonde that eats meat anyway….

• Callie says:

I’m vegetarian. I’m fat.

• drew says:

You know the person writing this article just enjoyed writing bad things about someone that’s what it is. Why not go after Pam Anderson or anyone else for their flaws? This article just exposes the writer’s ugliness. Yeah the shirt is stupid. It is like shirts that say Real Men Drink Beer or other disgusting nonsense people somehow get convinced of to make a statement about themselves like they are somehow something because of that. Look take that picture of Jessica with that shirt on and surround her with pics of tortures and quotes from descriptons of slaughter house tortures then send her the pic and put the pic on your site but do not take the despicable approach taken in this article that really sounds like an innerly ugly female writing about another female this way which is a total turn off and just shows the stupidity and ugliness of the writer. Go ahead make the pic I just described and get on Jessica’s case in a responsible way to show her she is wrong and never write that kind of junk again.

• Bex says:

Really? You think it’s good to show compassion to animals but it’s okay to make fun of those carrying a little more on their hips? Your plus size comment was uncalled for and insensitive. I know fat Vegos too…

• Hettie G. says:

You know I have seen the slaughter videos I understand that it is very VERY wrong to abuse animals. However why is eating a steak so bad? The protein is great for you and meats contain vitamins your body needs to stay healthy. And the fats that are in the meats are great for you too. A lot of people say it’s not what’s right in God’s eyes but look we have 32 teeth in our mouth. They are designed both for meat and for veggies. Cows have flat teeth cheetahs have razor sharp. Cows an’t chew meat so they are herbivores. Cheetahs eat meat and have difficulty eatin grasses and are carnivores. WE NEED THE MEATS AND SO THAT IS WHY OUR TEETH ARE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE. Vegetarians tell me do you have to take some extra vitamin supplements? And I am asking the vegetarians who have done this for YEARS. 10+ no less. If you do then please since you know how much and how many carbon emmissions are coming from the slaughter houses then how many come from the factories who have to make your vitamins? How many resources are wasted to callibrate the exact amount of whatever and the exact heat and exact blah blah blah to create your stupid vitamins so you can save a cow? “””4. Meat will make you fat. All the saturated fat and cholesterol in chicken wings pork chops and steak eventually leads to flabby thighs and love handles. I hope the upcoming “Jessica Simpson’s Intimates” line comes in plus sizes! Going vegetarian is the best way to get slim and stay that way. “”” I made this stand out because this…it..this is just pure stupidity…I mean come on…for someone who is so brazen enough to post something on this site you should know better than to post something dumb. Are you serious? For this one comment made in the post YOU are null void and down right retarded… ‘If more people went vegetarian we’d free up enough grain to feed every person in the world.’ Grain is fine and dandy but it won’t help the starving kids in Africa. Not for long. And that is an honest statment. You could give the starving kids in Africa the meat you chose to wastebecause it is still produced whether you want it to or not and it will continue to be produced…whether you want it to be or not.. The kids in Africa need fat because once the body runs out of things to eat in the stmach it munches on the fats stored by the body. You don’t get those fats from grain. You don’t get those from veggies either. Those are why the meats and poultry are an essential part of our food pyramid. They contain all those extra proteins but they also have fat…And the brain sends out signals when certain types of foods are eaten. Meats trigger the chemical message “Hey we need to save some of this for later” ergo trans fat…high volumes found in meat. I’m not bashing the PETA way I think it’s an awesome thing for someone to fight for the right of helpless animals who are ruthlessly slaughtered for no reasonlike the people who make fur coats and minks and stupid pointless things that people don’t even wear for warmth or more than 2 times a year. I am just saying making this pointless of an argument over a CELEBRITYnot someone important wearing a tshirtwhich was meant for humor purposes and is a dumb thing to get all pissy over is a dumb pointless waste of time and energy. Looked to me people needed to feel better about themselves and had nothing better to do than get angry at something for the day. I have to agree with my newscaster about PETA organization getting mad over Jessica simpson’s tshirt when nothing get’s said about her wearing leather boots for The Dukes. Special note to the “go vegetarian or you hate the world!” “meat eaters are cruel people” “people who eat meat are ignorant dumb mean cruel stupid” YOU ARE DUMB IN YOUR SINGLE MINDED THINKING. JUST BECAUSE YOU CHOSE TO BE A VEGETARIAN BECAUSE YOU FELT BAD FOR SEEING A SMALL CALF THAT CAN’T MOVE IT’S ARMS OR LEGS JUST SO THE MEAT INSIDE IT WILL BE TENDER ENOUGH TO MAKE VEAL DOESN’T MEAN THOSE WHO EAT VEAL ARE CRUEL. IT DOESN’T MAKE ALMOST EVERYONE IN AMERICA AND ACROSS THE GLOBE WHO CHOWS DOWN ON A MEDIUMRARE 10OZ SIRLOIN AND DOESN’T FEEL BAD FOR IT CRUEL DUMB IGNORANT STUPID OR ANY OTHER DEMEANING ADJECTIVES YOU DECIDE TO GOOGLE IN A THESAURUS. GET A GRIP GET OVER YOURSELF AND SNAP BACK INTO THE INTELLIGENT CIRCLE YOU SHOULD BE IN. If anyone has any problem with anything I said or wants to talk about it or continue a debate fine…email me. I enjoy conversation. Sincerely Hettie G.

• Meghan says:

You kind of contradict yourself in the reasons stated.

• Lupa says:

Regardless of your stance on meatattacking someone’s weight isn’t cool at all. I’d have a hell of a lot more respect for you if you didn’t feel so insecure that you had to stoop to sizeist crap. Real progressive of you.

• lh says:

so. this post is ridiculously biased and one sided. you can’t assume that people who eat meat are fat. its like assuming at vegetarians are thin. and climate change is caused by a number of factors. furthermore there are countless social political as well as environmental reasons to starving kids in developing nations. in fact its not just kids starving adults need food too. it’s like using just baby seal pictures to bring awareness to sealhunting. but i digress. this post is absurd it makes the writer look ignorant narrow minded and selfrighteous.

• antigone1000 says:

Amy I think you forgot “selfish….”

• JP says:

I’ve always been amazed at how outspoken people are when someone proclaims that they do what humans were intended to do. There is a reason that we have canine teeth and a digestive tract that handles meat. WE ARE OMNIVORES! What a revelation. To deny that is to deny humanity. If you don’t like meat don’t eat it but don’t bitch about people who do. If her shirt said “Real girls eat vegetables” I doubt that you’d have meat loves posting the top 10 reasons why she’s an idiot. Grow up and learn to live with people who don’t agree with you. Meat isn’t murder stupidity is.

• Mapoi C Larson says:

The point is. She wore that t’shirt just to insinuate and she’s acting in a covert way. Wow! it reminds me when I first time i watched her saying is there a chicken of the sea? Gee whizzzzz! where is her brain a dead fish!

• also compassionate says:

ok i eat meat..i’m thin. i know that my entire family eats meat. most of my friends. and many many many countless others that impact my life everyday that eat meat and don’t like to hurt things. we’re not less compassionate than you. and you people that segregate and degrade people for their dietary practices are ridiculous. i mean FLESH EATERS?? i’m 14 and i’m much more mature than that. i agree with THE KID. you should focus on more pressing issues.

• Dean says:

Some of the idiotic comments about how the consumption of meat is destroying the earth just make me want to laugh. Eating meat in moderation is perfectly AOK you certainly aren’t going to get fat doing that. I would suggest those who argue that any meat consumption is bad get a grip on reality before they spill their ignorant verbal diarrhea for everyone to read.

• the kid says:

ok first of all the earth was doing quite fine without the cars and stuff and the cows weren’t killing it. those emissions are farts there’s an LOL for you. vegetarians get breast cancer too people. meat builds muscle. it’s protein. the kids that look older and overweight are like that because we overemphasize video games and television. just excersize and stop whining about your weight when you don’t do anything about it. eating ANYTHING is stealing food from starving kids. i’m sure the kids in Africa aren’t picky so give up your veggies and go give them some brocolli. maybe you should focus on CHILDREN RIGHTS because the same thing is happening to those kids over there that happening to the poor pigs and chickens. and last i’m sure Jessica doesn’t like to torture little animals. maybe you should keep your opinion to yourself. i don’t abuse animals..i’m 15 and i’m sure as heck not living by Jessica’s example. i don’t like to kill animals but they do provide us with the nutritional value that we can’t get from vegtables. i think vegetarians are cool yay PETA go animal rights but i like to ballance my deit. and believe me i’m sure the earth is fine with me doing so. look at the sharks..and um big carnivorous kitties..yeah..um PUHLEEZE. they’re carnivors too. there’s a reason humans are labeled omnivores people. open your textbooks. maybe you should focus on a more pressing problem. i used to look to the people in PETA but this is harrasing and stupid. i’m really disapointed.

• Hayden says:

To michaela well said and I couldnt agree more. I can see why people would change to be a vegetarian but I couldnt handle all the pills and stuff required to keep up your iron levels etc since veges dont have alot of it. and besides I can think of nothing better on a sunday night than a good pork or Lamb roast. I too do not agree with wearing fur or cruelty to animals and i thought that PETA was an organisation that promoted not wearing fur or cruelty to animals but I didnt know that they were trying to turn the world into vegetarians…..

• Misty says:

I’m sad that all the PETA people are up in arms about Jessica’s shirt. I’d just like to remind them that freedom means that sometimes people will do things that we might not like. But they should remain free to do so. As an aside I’m smart thin 5’3″ at 130 lbs and I eat meat every day. Charles Darwin said it best. If nature is going to decide that people shouldn’t eat meat then lions would need to start walking on all fours and taking out humanity one by one. Good luck with that.

• Brandon says:

Look I’m all for animals and such but this is stupid. As far as the ethical treatment of animals people have been eating meat for thousands of years. Thats a fact. The shirt is meant to portray the fact that you don’t have to starve yourself on lettuce to be beautiful. And if meat makes you so fat then why do most diet experts tell people to stay away from SUGAR??? sugar is a plant. Hell diabetics are warned to stay away from most plants. SO what are they supposed to do. You know what you people need to quit making people who eat meat out to be criminals. If you handed that starving child a hamburger or rice guess what they are going for first? But I guess that starving kid is evil right? You all need lives.

• Saucy says:

Hey you mindless meateating morons this a blog sight not the New York Times. So if you want to check some facts I suggest you go back and read that Bible again. It is absolutely forbidden to eat the flesh of an animal beginning on PAGE ONE. Genisis 129. You can eat at the Table of Satan or you can eat at THE TABLE OF CHRIST. I choose Christ and I choose life. As for Jessica’s naive and I daresay dumb Tshirt I pray God gives her Revelation.