‘Top Chef’ Goes Vegetarian for Lea Michele
Top Chef wanted to throw a top-notch party for its 150th episode, and that meant a Halloween costume party and gleeful Lea Michele as a guest judge. And because Lea knows that there’s nothing festive about dead meat, all the cheftestants served up their best vegetarian cuisine.
In other celebrity news:
- Rachael Ray’s kitchen turned into a vegan paradise as well when Robin Quivers stopped by to help Rachael whip up some of Robin’s favorites: zucchini pasta, creamy cheese sauce, and cream of mushroom soup.
- Running Russell Simmons star and animal advocate extraordinaire Simone Reyes will be heading to Taiji, Japan, the site of the annual dolphin slaughter made famous by The Cove, to help expose the slaughter of dolphins through globally broadcast live-stream video.
- Can’t get enough of Jane Lynch? Neither can we. You can catch this animal friend on the Discovery Channel on November 23 narrating the penguin documentary Penguins: Waddle All the Way.
- Congrats to PETA pals Tia Mowry and Forest Whitaker. Both of these vegetarian powerhouses made Ebony‘s Power 100 list, of course.
- And congrats, too, to Andy Cohen and his new dog, Wacha! Andy saved a life and adopted Wacha from an animal shelter.
On Twitter this week, celebrations abounded for new vegan eats, Bob Barker, and National Cat Day:
To keep up with what all your favorite stars are doing for animals, follow @PETA on Twitter.