Tobey Maguire Helps Natalie Portman Go Vegan

Written by PETA | December 3, 2009
img2.timeinc / CC
Natalie Portman

“I was like, ‘Um, could you make two of those?’ And I’d make a cute face, and they’d roll their eyes and give me another falafel.”
—Natalie Portman, on how easy Brothers co-star Tobey Maguire, who brought his own vegan chef to the set, made it for the newly vegan starlet to eat humanely.

Jake Gyllenhaal hasn’t issued a statement yet, but I’m willing to bet he chowed down with his co-stars on some vegan vittles too. Could you resist food from a personal vegan chef?

Written by Logan Scherer

Comments

• michelle says:

Natalie looks gorgeous in this picture. Maybe it’s the new vegan diet. But she has always been a very loving and caring person towards animals. Tobey is just awesome and I hope both Natalie and Tobey has rubbed off on Jake.

• Anonymous says:

I worked on a film with Tobey this summer and was consistently impressed with his compassion and his dedication to veganism. The prop department even had to find vegan tuna for a scene! He’s the best.

• Toby says:

I could resist food from a personal vegan chef but probably wouldn’t!

• simara says:

that’s fantastic!vegan food is by far the tastiest

• Angel says:

Wow! The new nude angel ad is so offensive to so many religious peopleI think it takes the focus off the real issues and creates a completely unrelated controversy that people will be focusing on rather than the issues the ad is meant to promote. It serves no real purpose or value to the cause. I don’t see this ad attracting any new interest in fact I believe it is so offensive to so many people that the near mention of Peta will forever simply serve to remind people of the disrespectful and offensive images they promote and most people would rather just forget and not think of Peta at all which in the end doesn’t serve but rather deflects its primary focus and that’s a shame.

• Kelly says:

LOL Natalie is so cute! I had no idea Tobey has his own vegan chef. Lucky! I doubt Jake had any though. Years a go in an interview he said he watched a pig get killed on a friends farm and enjoyed watching it! How disturbing and gross can he be?!