There’s Something Special on the Telly

Written by PETA | April 20, 2010

The prestigious Telly Awards “honor the very best local, regional, and cable television commercials and programs, as well as the finest video and film productions.” And guess who just won four—yes, count ’em, four—Tellies this year for outstanding public service announcements (PSAs)? You got it: PETA!

Eli Roth‘s spot about the link between animal abuse and violence against people took the bronze in the Public Service category.

Both our Thanksgiving PSA, reminding viewers that the holidays can be murder on turkeys and our too-hot-for-TV “Veggie Love” ad took silver awards in the Nonprofit Campaign category.

And my favorite, PETA’s “Stolen for Fashion” ad featuring the voices of Pink and Ricky Gervais, also won Nonprofit Campaign silver:

Share on Facebook | Viewing Options

Check it out, and then tell us which PETA PSA is your fave.

Written by Paula Moore

Commenting is closed.
  • Leslie says:

Don’t buy it if it’s not from you. Killing for money is wrong and you should be ashamed of yourselves!

• Jackie says:

Was the one about stolen animal coats and skin by Eli Roth? It was awesome and very much to the point. It also was funny when the rabbit is like “Give me my coat! It’s my coat!” then he says “What kind of person steals someone’s coat?”

• Danielle says:

Awesome! Congrats!

• Kayla says:

As a fan of Ricky Gervais I love “Stolen for Fashion.” I think the Thanksgiving ad was more shocking brutally honest and thoughtprovoking reminds me of the Anti Tobacco ads. When will they air? Both are attention grabbers way to go! I think someone should create an ad to expose the FFA program in schools. I was told recently about a school in my state that invited a veterinarian to perform a circumcision on a fully conscious pig in front of high school FFA students. I was told that after cutting one testicle the pig screamed and began to faint and after a few minutes they cut the other. Breaks my heart that people can be so thoughtless and cruel. Schools should be held accountable for encouraging and allowing violence like this. No wonder we see the violence in schools in even the seemingly nice small towns.

• Kurta says:

Oh that’s pretty awesome. It would be nice if I ever get to see it on tv. It would be great to get it aired during something like American Idol. Great concept and delivery.

• Mike Quinoa says:

That is a classic video and so true. Nobody needs animal furs or skins except the animals they’re found on.

• priyal says: