Sweating Swimsuit Season? Fitness Expert Zachary Koval Has You Covered
Zachary strives to help other people reach their own health and fitness potential through his work as a certified personal trainer, vegan lifestyle coach, and speaker (with a little modeling thrown in because, well, you have eyeballs). And last night, Zachary was at VIDA Fitness in Washington, D.C., to share his top tips for getting beach-body buff.
Zachary said that while there’s no getting around exercise, you can better prepare your muscles and make your time spent at the gym more productive:
- Make time to dream. You’ve heard it before, and you’ll hear it again: Sleep. Your mind and body function best when they’re well rested.
- Take a chill pill. Just like your brain, muscles need a break after a strenuous workout, so squeeze in some cool-down time after the gym.
- Go bananas. After a workout, instead of expensive high-calorie processed foods and heavy dairy-filled shakes, Zachary prefers quick-digesting, nutrient-dense good carbs, such as a banana.
- Be a bean counter. Legumes are loaded with protein, fiber, and potassium, so Zachary recommends three to four heart-healthy servings every day.
- Start dating. To rev up before a workout, Zachary goes for glucose, the body’s main source of fuel. And the food he recommends is easy to remember because it’s also the ultimate goal for many people: lots of dates.
Some of the folks at VIDA Fitness won PETA Pack workout gear and nutritional products donated by Vega. And while we can’t send those out to every reader, we can give you some swag to help you stop sweating how you look in a swimsuit and start sweating during a game of beach volleyball. Request a complimentary vegetarian/vegan starter kit and follow Zachary on Twitter for more hints, tips, recipes, and updates.
If your comment doesn't appear right away, please be patient as it may take some time to publish or may require moderation.