S-H-A-M-E Canada Billboard Hits Ontario

Written by PETA | April 17, 2009

Some people just need to have things spelled out for them before they catch on. At this very moment, the seal slaughter is staining the ice floes of Canada blood red, despite all the not-so-subtle hints that we’ve been dropping to let Canada know that allowing a massacre to take place on its territory is an intolerable embarrassment. So, we’ve launched a billboard campaign across Canada to grab attention in a way that people can’t miss.

The first billboard was unveiled in Mississauga, Ontario, by some kindhearted people and an all-too-adorable seal. I don’t think that anyone who sees this while driving down the highway can fail to get the message:

SHAME Billboard

Seal and friends

Written by Shawna Flavell

Comments

• cierra says:

great job guys! the sign looks perfect! lets put a stop to the slaughtering!!!

• Make a change says:

I live in the Vancouver area. Does anyone know How I can find out if theres any protests going on? I would love to get involved! Where do I start!?

• Kelly Brown says:

The article is usefull for me. Ill be coming back to your blog.

• Caroline says:

Great Billboard! This must be stopped!!!

• SILVIA says:

I think it is very difficult to stop this evil seal hunt every year again despite all efforts to stop the strage.The my heart is full of tears for the suffering of those dear creatures strength … then we do not give truce to those people without heart

• Todd Holder says:

Drove by this one in Mississauga yesterday. This road is heavily travelled. Had to stop and take my own picture of it. Amazing message!!! Thanks Todd H

• Neil Warne says:

One in Australia is not a bad idea. Jenny and Justine please do be aware that most Canadian citizens do not condone the massacre either so the govt is not only thumbing it’s nose at the rest of the world but at them as well. I can only hope that when the massacre does end all this illwill and hostility towards Canada will collapse entirely.

• Jenny says:

How about one in Australia aswell. This slaughter will not end until there is global condemnation. Until then Canada will continue to thumb it’s nose at the rest of the world. GOOD ON YA keep up the good work.

• Jennifer Dunn says:

We need this is Vancouver……..home of the Olympics!!

• Laura says:

Whoo! People I know! Go Laura Lee!

• Kevin Lomack says:

Thanks Peta we need one of these in London Ontario as well. The heat needs to be intensified on the Senators that will not sign Senator Harbs bill right away.

• lynda downie says:

Love the billboard! Bloody brilliant Peta!

• CAROLYN says:

AWESOME USE OF MONIES DONATED TO YOU. THANKS!

• Carla says:

High five!!!! Let’s get the message to everyone what these scumbags are doing! You can put one in my hometown anytime!!! East Haven Ct

• Hannah says:

lets put one in times square.

• Linda says:

Fabulous…how do we get one in Regina????

• Justine says:

Nice! Our neighbors to the north need to know seal slaughter is not ok! How many more bilboards will there be? Also you should put anti seal slaugter billboards in countries that buy or import Canada’s seal pelts!

• Corey says:

Perfect! This is our donations at work people! Let’s do all we can to end the monstrosity.

• Kaji says:

That’s one great billboard and happy that finally people are taking the seal hunt seriously and doing something about it. Let’s see if our PM can deny the “SHAME” now!

• pet says:

Why not gather people for a protest on parmilent hill in Ottawa? Id so be there.

• Jamie Rivet says:

That is just awesome! Close to where I live too so gonna watch for it. Think I know that tall guy in the photo too met him at an anti sealing event recently.

• Amy Salgan says:

Bravo! We need to end this thing once and for all. I’d love to see some billboards in the U.S.like Chicago where I’m from. There’s plenty of traffic in this city and there’s nothing better to do on the highways during rush hour than look at billboards. FAR TOO MANY people here don’t even know about the Canadian Seal Hunt. Unlike other communication mediums you can’t really “ignore” a billboardit’s right in front of youyou’re forced to look. I’ve been campaigning on facebook for years. I’ve paid for ads to my group and have donated money and time to help this cause often to no avail. It’s sad how difficult it has to be to make people care. Whatever it takes though right? These seals are in my prayers daily. We need to inform EVERYONE!

• pam says:

way to go!! very impressive! you need a few around the olympic area.

• Jheintz says:

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! Now go after Palin with her aerial wolf killings.

• Michele says:

That is AMAZING!!!!! Yay PETA help us keep up the pressure here in Canada. I saw in the news today that many sealers have decided not to go out at all this year because the price per pelt is so low and there is so little demand for the pelts. So many seals will probably be spared after all. It is a very tiny victory in the grand scheme of things but it’s a start. Maybe it’s a sign that the end of the commercial hunt is really here this time…

• Aneliese says:

Love it! We need that here in Winnipeg!

• SHARI says:

STRAIGHT TO THE POINT!!! Bless those who help the Seals

• HollyQ says:

I am a proud Peta supporting Ontarian good for you!!!

• Rox says:

We should need one in quebec people here don’t give a about animal rights they think it only happens in China. good job people we need to wake up some minds.

• Joan Faszczewski says:

I give you credit. Its ashame that to me is murder. This Prime Minster has no heart. Suppose did to his kids. He should listen to the mother cries out when her baby is being killed by these savages.

• pepper says:

put one in the capital! where the prime minister can see it

• John Carmody says:

This billboard looks amazing! Well done from AR activists in Ireland.

• Lea says:

Good for you!

• Canaduck says:

Awesome. When do we get one here in Vancouver??