Sexy Veg Finalists!

Written by PETA | February 27, 2008

The votes have been flowing in (seriously, it’s been a banner year for the Sexy Vegetarian Next Door contest), and we’re down to the top two chicks and the top two dudes. There are still two more days to cast your vote for the winner, so click one of the finalists below to hit up the voting page and crown one of these attractive herbivores North America’s Sexiest Vegetarian Next Door.

Shona.jpg Sara-J_.jpg Chris.jpg Domingo.jpg

In related news, I’d like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt appreciation to all the people who have been writing me in to win this contest.* Sadly, PETA’s employees are ineligible, so those votes will not be counted, but I’m truly humbled by this outpouring of support.

*Technically, nobody has actually done this yet.

Comments

• kenady says:

Rat King You are “trying” and “cutting down” on dairy? Either do it or don’t but quit making excuses! There are too many people in this world “trying” to eat “less” meat but that is just a way of making themselves feel okay while still being evil! I came here to vote in the poll but the comments I am reading on some of the articles are just infuriating! This sight seems to be full of people who only pay lipservice and clearly are not caring enough to really dedicate to the cause. Posted by Flora James i agree 100 its so true cuz ppl say o im trying to go veggie wen really they just want attention and still eat meat while ppl think there soo nice

• Rat King says:

i’m overwhelmed my friends by all these nice and strong posts encouraging me to do the right thing! i appreciate it and feel encouraged! fact is that since a long time i don’t drink milk at all and also cheese is not my thing but what i need to stop is eating cremes and yoghurt! for many years i frequented animalfriendly hindu communities who had their own cows which were not slaughtered and were always together with their babies so my conscience allowed me to consume some dairy products! but now i’m living on my own and the situation is different! since my last post i didn’t eat dairy products and i intend continuing this direction! thanks all of you for your friendly and even sharp reactions you saved me and above all some animals!

• marta says:

The sad thing is that in european contestants like me cannot take part in this contest Do something about it peta! kisses

• sk8trGirl says:

thats exactly how vegges look! sexy! and flora anonymous is right. why cant you be supportive??? its better then eating alot of dairy stuff. at least rat kings trying! good job rat king! you’re getting there!

• Shona says:

“If not how do we REALLY know that they are committed to animal rights and our not laughing all the way to Hawaii with a hamburger in their mouth?” I wondered that about my competitors. I know I am a supporter and true Veg. But I thought.. what if some other HOTTIE wins who is a fake… and is eating a nice 7course meal of meat while basking on a Hawaii beach? lol. Great question.

• Judith, Freedom Fighter for Animals says:

Rat King Best of luck. I’m in your corner! Judith

• Anonymous says:

Man Flora way to be supportive. I’d say eating less dairy is better than stuffing your face full of it don’t be so negative.

• Courtney says:

All contestants are beautiful and should be commended for their humane acts toward animals..but just a question… are all the finalists PETA members? If not how do we REALLY know that they are committed to animal rights and our not laughing all the way to Hawaii with a hamburger in their mouth?

• Jean says:

Domingo is a hottie but so is Chris. Maybe Domingo’s pic is just better. You guys are both gorgeous! I love you for loving animals. in a platonic wayI’m 60 so I could be your mother!

• Michele says:

Flora that is NOT the way to encourage people who are trying to do the right thing for the sake of the animals. According to you only vegans could be considered to be “caring enough”. Yes ideally everyone would be vegan but it is just not realistic to expect everyone to do a complete and immediate “makeover” of their diet clothing or personal care products. It is supposed to be about making “kinder choices”. Rat King keep up the efforts I know exactly what you are going through. Don’t let people like Flora discourage you. I gave up meat first and then worked at giving up dairy eggs etc. It is not easy when one has grown up eating an omnivorous diet. You will eventually figure out how to “veganize” all of your meals and voila you will be vegan! Fortunately for vegans today there are many good substitutes that make it easier to enjoy the same types of meals you grew up with for example I found “fake” parmesan at a natural food store so I have that on my spaghetti noodles and chunky veggietomato sauce and it tastes exactly like real parmesan. Best of luck! Oooh and I totally voted for the cute Canadians! yes I am slightly biased LOL

• Andrea_Tim says:

Flora James You should get off your high horse and give Rat King credit for putting forth effort towards an amazing cause. Trying is much better than not careing at all. It means he is at least makeing a step in the right direction.

• Flora James says:

• Carla says:

Awesome way to put it Rat King!!

• Rat King says:

Well they look actually gorgeous fresh and juicy just as a real veg should look like! i’m trying now to become like one of them cutting down on dairy products i’m trying to go vegan!

• lynda downie says:

LOL Technically nobody has actually done this yet. What a good natured guy you are Jack.