SeaWorld Is Seeing Red Over Conan O’Brien’s Monologue
Team Coco is making it clear that it’s on Team Orca. On Tuesday’s show, Conan O’Brien said what we were all thinking when SeaWorld announced that it would make its orca tanks bigger:
In other celebrity news:
- We finally know the identity of the person who made a great joke out of SeaWorld’s road sign. It was … Steve-O! As our prankster pal shares in this video, he sustained some injuries while making the sign, but says it was well worth it:
- Tommy Lee and the boys are at it again. When Mötley Crüe played in Virginia Beach, the guys hosted another scavenger hunt in which they asked fans to follow PETA on Twitter for clues to find a hidden “SeaWorld Kills” T-shirt. The lucky fan who found the shirt got to meet the band backstage and hear about why they’ll never play at SeaWorld.
— T❍mmy L✮✮ (@MrTommyLand) August 20, 2014
- No one was buying SeaWorld’s desperate attempt to gain favor by building bigger orca prisons:
Congrats 2 the orcas @SeaWorld ! Theyre getting new tank thats a tad bit deeper n will TOTALLY trick them into thinking theyre in the ocean!
— Jason Biggs (@JasonBiggs) August 15, 2014
- When a reader wrote to Lauren Conrad and asked how to know if you’re ready to take on the responsibility of a dog, Lauren took the opportunity to ask that readers always adopt—just like she does. “I highly recommend adopting a pet over buying one from a breeder,” she wrote on her blog. “There is no greater feeling than rescuing an animal. There are so many sweet pups sitting in shelters right now, just waiting for their forever homes. Not only will you find your new best friend, but you’ll also save a life. I honestly can’t imagine my life without Chloe and Fitz.”
- Downton Abbey fans rejoice: You can see Dan Stevens (who played the character of Matthew in the show) again when his new film The Guest is released on September 5. In an interview with the Daily Mail, Dan describes himself as “sort of vegan” and adds, “I have a mean recipe for vegan brownies.” Maybe Dan will go completely vegan with a little help from his celebrity friends. Stars love to eat vegan and tell:
— Travis Barker (@travisbarker) August 20, 2014
— Shannon Elizabeth (@ShannonElizab) August 17, 2014
To keep up with what all of your favorite stars are doing for animals, follow @PETA on Twitter.