A Pork Chop Stops a Beating Heart

Written by Paula Moore | January 12, 2012

Earlier this week, a federal appeals court ruled to uphold a Texas law that requires doctors to describe ultrasounds and play audio of the fetal heartbeat to women seeking abortions.

No matter where you stand on abortion, we hope you’ll appreciate the billboard that we’ll be erecting in Austin, Texas.

Pig: © iStockphoto.com/Chris Pethick

After all, the meat industry is responsible for immense suffering—from castration without painkillers to animals who are shackled and have their throat slit, sometimes while fully conscious—and billions of deaths, which is about as anti-life as it gets. In contrast, a vegan saves 100 lives a year in addition to reducing his or her risk of dying prematurely from many of our nation’s top killers, including heart disease and cancer. Now that’s pro-life by any definition!

Comments

• Mel says:

Even the Bible tells us not to eat pork. On you tube you can see where the guy pours a can of coke over some pork and it makes the worms come out of the meat, and our pastor did that in our church and we all got to see the worms come out of the pork. Pork is not to be eaten. It causes many diseases, too.

• Love it! It’s amazing and dripping in irony

• Joni says:

Please make this into a bumper sticker. I want to put it on my car too!

• Gino says:

I have been a silent advocate for both human and animal rights and realized I DO NOTHING to help.I just watched a video about a pork producer who supplies Tyson foods and was appalled to the point of the nervous type of nausea.The workers were forcing a huge sow with a broken limb to move around/they were tossing tiny piglets that were scurrying about up against walls while their mothers squealed/screamed in protest.The worst thing I have seen so far that I can remember.I have written to Tyson and told them i am not stopping there,please let’s really start getting involved.

• hwyangel says:

I sincerely pray that Im not still here when people start eating babies. I past this billboard for the fist time a few minutes ago and had to pull my truck over to throw up.

• sholloway96 says:

I agree with Alayne and Tona, please make this as a bumper sticker. It is a great way to get the message across.

• Tona says:

I completely agree with Alayne, please make this billboard into bumper stickers!

• billy williams says:

That piglet in the ad is so cute!-Go Vegan!

• Snoopy123 says:

The horrific abuse by the meat industry has been recorded by Animal Aid yet DEFRA refuse to prosecute saying that the footage wasn’t taken with the permission of the slaughterhouses. But on the other hand footage taken by the BBC of abuse to people with additional needs is being used to prosecute those responsible. Every bit of pressure can help bring justice! http://www.change.org/petitions/prosecute-slaughter-house-animal-abuse

• Alayne says:

Please make this into a bumper-sticker. I want to put it on my car!

• Christine says:

i’m cooking pork chops tonight, but i wasn’t going to eat meat anyways.i’m trying to go vegetarian. great billboard!