PETA’s 2006 Worst Dressed List!

Written by PETA | November 28, 2006
Eva Longoria.jpg
Getty Images

It’s that time of year again, when it starts to get a little bit colder and you can spot a select few of Hollywood’s trashiest celebrities strutting around with dead animals strapped to their backs. At PETA, we have far too much tact to name any of these people personally, but we would like to send a general message to all celebrities to please just think hard and search your conscience before you consider buying fur. OK, just kidding, we have a list. Here it is:

PETA’s Official 2006 ‘Worst Dressed’ List:

1. Nicole Richie: This pelt-wearing party girl is all animal skin and bones. She’s an incredible shrinking woman with the heart to match.
  2. Ashley Olsen: Wearing fur does add 20 pounds, but if Ashley wants to fill out her frame, we suggest using a fork instead.
  3. Christina Ricci: Disregarding the holiday season’s “Peace on Earth” message, Ricci recently posed for a magazine cover wearing fur from slaughtered reindeer. At least she’s not into fur hats: Imagine how many more pelts it would take to cover that forehead.
  4. Eva Longoria: You’d think she’d be more sympathetic to the plight of rabbits considering the way she screws around like one on Wisteria Lane.

You can vote for the number-one worst-dressed celebrity here. Notable absences from the list are Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan, both of whom have made some attempts to ditch the fur from their wardrobes this year—so here’s hoping they remember their resolution.

In the meantime, here’s Nicole and Ashley!

Nicole Richie.jpgAshley Olsen.PNG

And finally, in case the pictures of Nicole Richie and Ashley Olson looking like they just got finished robbing graves at a pet cemetery aren’t enough to convince you not to wear fur, check this out:

Comments

• beckie says:

You know just because you don’t agree with my opinions you are denying my rights to the constitution. Isn’t that what you do by throwing blood on someone’s $4000.00 fur coat?

• Beckie says:

I just had something else to say. God did put animals on the earth for us to EAT them and the fur to keep HUMANS warm! The human race would have been extinct if we couldn’t eat meat and keep ourselves warm with NATURAL fur or leather. What do you PETA people think it’s better to put chemicals next to your skin to keep warm than something natural?????????? Would you rather die of chemical poisening to your own body than to keep warm in a NATURAL manner???? What about this? In the eyes of the law an animal or pet is seen as a possession and not a live thing for which compensation can commensurate appropriate loss. Peta people should go to change those laws and leave people who raise animals for profit or just to keep alone!!!!! Get a life!!!!!!!!! I did not view the video that previous threads are referring to but even if I had seen it I could have chosen not to view it in the first place. I could only imagine why the animals were destroyed. The reasons are for the owner of the animals only…nobody else need be concerned…It’s nobody elses business or concern…especially not peta’s.

• matt says:

do you not realize what many of you have just said. you would like to strangle tourture and harm many of the people wearing these animal furs. but arent people animals on this earth as much as a mink a rabbit or a fox. i realize many people on this eath consume meat wear animal furs but its really up to them. i support peta but we should force people to not wear furs and display such propaganda. many people make a living selling animal hides without that they might not be able to put food on the table.

• Anonymous says:

i just want to kill those chinesse freaks and then they lauh thats what realy tiked me off

• Tom says:

This is ridiculous I think fur sucks and is stupid but attacking people because of their weight and personal problems is absolutley pathetic. Its makes PETA seem unproffesional and thats one thing we don’t need. Find real reasons to attack people because of what they wear don’t get into all the stuff about who they are how childish.

• Clarissa says:

How can they sleep at night?!?! God didn’t put animals on earth for us to torture them! They are living things that have fEELINGS. iF YOU SUPPORT FUR THAN YOU ARE AN INCONSIDORATE SELFISH PERSON.I had to cry when i saw this.Thanks PETA.Besides If you Want to wear fur so bad then wear FAUX.did i spell that right?FAUX looks the same as real fur!

• JT says:

“You know I pity the plants. No one cares about the poor plants.Vegans are cruel plant eaters!” Welcome to this board idiot. Ok so here is some information for you so that in the future you wont make the same idiotic statement again. It would be pretty embarassing if you actually said this to a live audience. Alright so for your information plants don’t have brains don’t have nerves and don’t have hormones. Therfore they aren’t able to feel pain. If you don’t want to sound weak and foolish when opening your mouth again I’d suggest you read a book or even better make a search on the internet by typing “do plants feel pain”? You will have your answer there. You’re welcome.

• JT says:

g3kogur1 are you freakin serious??? A lot of people come on this site wanting to know who made the list and not all of them know about the cruelty that goes on in these industries. I believe it was totally appropriate for them to put that video there. Nobody forced you to watch it anyway. Maybe you should of read the few lines that are above the video before opening your mouth. Oh and for the other ones that are bitching about the comments that peta made you should be ashame of yourself. These celebrities are full of themselves and they need some criticism so that they can be put back in their places. And for the idiots that are saying that peta should be more concerned with humans than animals oh my god I don’t even know how to reply to such a stupid statement. Didn’t you know that without animals humankind would be extinct? I guess you’re too young to understand that. And of course the meat lovers… The oldest pro fur argument in historyrolls eyes I’m a meat lover so i know what I’m talking about. It’s not because I eat meat that i am a hypocrite for being antifur. Meat is for survival and animals are part of the food chain. It’s a fact. Fur on the other hand is an unecessary clothing because it doesn’t jeopardize our life if we don’t use it. It’s unecessary suffering. More than 10 million animals are killed each year for people like Christina Ricci and Beyonce. What most people don’t understand is that when there is a demand for fur there will always be a supply. This is why peta attack celebrities. They’re supposed to be role models but instead they advertise fur which gives young women the impression that fur is a glamorous thing when it’s not. There is nothing glamourous about wearing an animal’s fur. It makes people look very old actually. I just really hate it when people are like “you’re a hypocrite because you eat meat”. That’s like the oldest line in the book. So because I eat meat it right away invalidates anything I do to destroy the fur industry? It’s like me saying that it’s unethical for you pay your date’s diner when there are so many people dying of homelessness. Doesn’t make sense does it?

• Ken Kaniff says:

Yeah thats what happens when you become extremists and illogical. These people may have some good things in mind but become monsters eventually just like the “morman most hated family in america”

• Gaby says:

I was not a fan of any of the people on this worst dressed list anywayhowever now ihave to say i now feel hate towards them and the people in the video.I am a huge supporter of PETA thanks guys you give me hope. And as to making personal attacks to these cruel women if thats what its going to take then so be it! i cannot sympathize with them!.

• Shannon says:

PETA is a bunch of hypocrites.

• Tessa says:

I HATE THESE PEOPLE! they should be tortured worse than any other animal…. animals should be treated with complete and total respect and that is why I am a veghead!

• Christine says:

ok this is getting really ridiculous.. everyday i see anotherr celebrity wearing fur.. lets add vivica fox and vanessa williams to the list too.. i dont know but it looks like the list for 2007 is gonna be a long one

• megan says:

i freggin hate people who kill poor animals i mean wat did they ever do to u im a veggitarian and have ben 1 for 8 years and im only 13 years old

• No Name says:

Hey where’d the video go? And Timothy and ClayPure Evil.

• Christine says:

lately ive been seeing sooo many pictures of both the olsens wearing fur.. mary kate should be added to list along with naomi campbell kate moss mary j blidge and sharon stone.. each fur coat or item has dozens of torture stories behind it.. these people are soo disgusting to just pretend that there is nothing wrong with fur and the industry.. and that if they just ignore the truth its okay to keep fueling the fur industry with their money and keep wearing dead animals on their backs. i cant wait for karma to bite them in the ass

• tennessee says:

Add Naomi Campbell to the list. I saw her on T.V. the other day as she was showing up to serve her community service hours that she received for hitting her assistant wearing a fur ! She is not only cruel to people but animals as well. Shame on her.

• katelyn says:

that coat doesn’t look too bad on Ashley though.

• Maria says:

KILLING ANY LIVING THING FOR THE SAKE OF VANITY IS WRONG EGOTISTICAL HEARTLESS AND DISGUSTING. I work in the “biz” for some time now and let me tell you I think sometimes people need the shock value and some mockery fact is THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO VAIN TOO BLINDED BY MONEY and TOO STUBBORN THAT THEY NEED THIS SHOCK VALUE AND THEY NEED SOME MOCKERY. Does anyone really think that by asking a designer who makes multi million dollars worth of profit over fur agree to NOT use fur? Heck no. “Please dont use fur” and “thats not hot” will not make the million dollar fur business say “okay I won’t”. Our “please” and “Kindly not use fur” statements are not worth their millions these days which is why this shock value has to be done.

• Soren says:

Ok even though animals are horribly tortured and stuff do you really think the celebrities you have on your list even comprehend this? I mean you have a buncha people who party for a living for the most part there brains don’t go outside the box hence why they have eating disorders but still you guys are supposed to be a respectful organization so how about instead of going ditsy like them you act more mature and just go through the motion of why it’s wrong instead and explain the fur they are wearing how each kind of species is harmed in the process of making it for those stuck up women!

• Cathy says:

Wearing fur is very excessive and stupid. If stars own pets why don’t they just wear their pets pelt? Seriously the use of fur clothing has to stop. But I also disagree on the burning of furs after they’ve been made into clothing as an act of rebellion. For one it hurts the air we breathe and two we should just respect the animal whos life was taken and focus the anger on stopping the wearing of fur and leather.

• Jones says:

I see no particular issue with a person wearing leather nor animal fur about the same as I would feel it wrong for a hungry tiger to eat a wandering human. I do have an issue with excess cruelty and mindless killing of animals for vastly uneeded and overpriced coats as I would likewise probably kill that tiger if it had decided to come into my town and indiscriminately kill people. If you were starving in some place like Alaska I’d be willing to bet you’d try to kill something.

• Roara says:

You know I pity the plants. No one cares about the poor plants. Vegans are cruel plant eaters! Personally I like plants more then animals in some cases. Plants don’t kill. Usually.

• becky says:

Your advocacy on behalf of animals looks absolutely ridiculous in light of your willingness to degrade another human being in order to make your point. Worse yet many commenters promote torture and murder of people wearing fur. I do not disagree with your mission only your tactics. “Returning violence for violence multiplies violence adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars… Hate cannot drive out hate only love can do that.” Martin Luther King Jr. “Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat for it is momentary.” Mahatma Gandhi

• Greg says:

Let me start off by saying I am completely against animal cruelty and I have nothing against vegetarians or animal rights supporters. But it just made me so mad when I read the comments of one of the readers. To quote “PETA what can we do to stop the silent holocaust?”. Holocaust? How can you have the nerve to call this a holocaust? If you want a holocaust read about what’s going on in Darfur today. The killing of many many PEOPLE is going on there and I’ll bet that none of you have heard about it. So while you guys sit here and make fun of people who where fur Because I’m sure that all of you people perfect and have no flaws just realize that there are more important things that need to be brought to attention like the genocide that’s going on in Darfur today the REAL silent holocaust.

• Kay says:

I am defiantly against the fur trade I think that is cruel and unnecessary in this centaury. And to the people who think that we should be looking after humans before animals I disagree both have feelings and both deserve for people to take action on their behalf especially when this animal cruelty is for such a pitiful reason as fashion. These people who think that humans should come first would find better use of their time campaigning for orphans in Cambodia then slamming the pure intentions of those who spare some time for the little creatures who have no voice. Yes fur wearing has been around since the cave men but they didn’t have modern conveniences such as central heating and synthetic fibre. Look I have leather shoes but at least I know that the animal this skin comes from was used to feed people not just dumped and thrown away! I actually saw this video last night and it has started me on my quest to educate people who are otherwise unaware of these atrocious crimes. I forced myself to watch the whole thing and promptly dissolved into hysterical sobbing for the next two hours and on and off for the rest of the day. I will never ever forget looking into that poor tortured creatures eyes after those barbaric creatures had finished with it! ANYONE who thinks that it is ok to wear fur after learning about the inhumane way these animals are treated and killed seriously needs to see a psychiatrist because the thought that humans can distance themselves from these poor animals suffering is as unbearable to believe as that video is. I firmly believe that anyone who has watched even 1 second of that video or has even read the details about it has a enormous responsibility to educate others and spread the word that “FUR IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO WEAR OR OWN” and yes PETAs comments are below the belt but PETA is not a perfect organisation just try and Google the words PETA Hinkle and Cook trial. The most important point is they are making a stand for these poor creatures we need to do the same!

• Nevan says:

People’s scripted promiscuity eating disorders and large foreheads brought up when speaking of your organization’s apallment to their use of furs is stupid to be blunt. It comes off as immature and make you lose credibility similar to Hugo Chavez’s equally stupid outbursts which truly thwart any good press he can receieve for building homes schools hospitals and subsidised supermarkets for the poor. I wonder if you’ll critisize my spelling and divert attention from my arguement? I would also suggest that if you really care about animal’s “ethical” treatment why not find more humane ways to skin animals anesthesize them and kill them. People will continue to use their hides as they have for thousands of years. If they suffer less you could be closer to meeting your goals. Furthermore when it comes to eating animals I’m sure it hurts when a owl kills a rat or a lizard eats a seagulls eggs a shark eats a fish or a wolf eats a rabbit thats not wrong. Its normal and natural. Its called the food chain and we are animals too we have inciseors for tearing meat its part of our natural diet. We should tream them as ethically as other animals treat them thats the logigal response.

• Miranda says:

I couldnt even manage to watch the video. Oh da poor poor wittle stars are being picked on for being rich and spoiled and starving for attention in their pathetic fur coats and yes their obvious eating disorders. Well hey you people who so NOBLY defend them and not the animals..Guess what the poor wittle picked on stars have millions of dollars of mommy and daddys money to spend on lawyers to protect their pathetic selves so who is going to do the same for victimized animals. We can manufacture the best fabrics get this ANIMAL FREE! wow did ya know that? we dont live in caves anymore we have central heating and we have grocery stores and we would have alot less heart disease and obesity if everyone put down the 1000 calorie big macs. And meanwhile the stars get richer and the animals keep getting tortured brutally Has anyone heard of Buddism? somebody get me off this crazy train world we all think we are entitled to be brutal vicious killers. When there are no more animals we will hunt each other and wear other humans skins and decorate our homes with their skulls and bones. Perry Farrell was right.

• M. says:

I remember seeing Christina Ricci on that cover and thinking what a beautiful and striking picture it was. I has hoped she was wearing imitation fur. With all our advances in fashion fake fur not fakedog fur could have produced the same effect. Personally attacking Ms. Ricci or these lesser “actressescelebutantes” is foolish. Call her friend Marc Jacobs who actually designed and manufactured the garment.

• Citlalli says:

I strongly believe that celebrities know what they are doing. If they don’t know what really happens to animals that are used to make furs then is aceptable in some way to see them wearing furs. But if they already know what happens to animals then is a shame that they have commodities when don’t deserve them. They are paying for an animal to be killed. PETA what can we do to stop the silent holocaust?

• erica says:

i’m not a vegetarian but i’m a huge supporter of animal rights causes. Fur IS murder! how do these people sleep at night knowing what is done to these animals??? as for the people talking about peta’s cheap shots you may want to have stickfromrectumectomy.

• rachel says:

First of all those celebrities don’t dress themselves. It’s partly up to their stylists. I realize they still do have a choice but its really what the public wants. And appearantly the public wants them to wear fur. And the way you criticized them was so immature. There were a dozen things you could have said but you chose to insult them in a way that a cheap trashy tabloid would. Trying to be funny isn’t going to win people over to your cause. Sure it may get a few laughs but I’m still eating meat. In fact I just ate a hamburger for lunch. And for supper my dad is fixing porkchops. I’m only 14 and I realize I don’t know everything but seriously this is coming from a teenager grow up. Okay?? Thanx hun! D

• Tina says:

While I’m for eating animals I’m an unapologetic carnivoreloland I know some people get grossed out even though they are not veganvegetarian when they see an animal killed… lol I’m definitely not and if I have to I’ll hunt an animal myself it seems very unnecessary to put an animal through that much prolonged suffering. That’s pretty screwed up. Especially that part where it’s still moving around while skinned. Are they too poor to buy those mini gas chambers that are used to kill lab rats? At least they could slit it’s throat or inject some drugs before they kill it. I’m okay w the eating part because death is a part of life. It’s not like we all go comfortably. I SAW my dad die before my eyes and it WAS NOT pleasant. We all die in pain except for a lucky few of course.

• laren says:

yes sometimes i do have something against people all together when they are wearing 20 or thirty pounds of fur you may think o ya its ok. imagine yourself in the animals postition getting all your skin taken off cut off your feet getting put into cages it gross. Yes i have no problem of people who it meatsome people think you need meat to survive. I don’t im a vegan. Once you think about that piece of chickenbeefpork ect. had a face before and a heart. People think its gross to eat dogs and cats well those people are living in different countries. They dont have alot of chiken pork and beef they have cats and dogs. I diffenetly have something against the people who do things to the poor animals just so they don’t “ruin their fur” how can they even go to sleep with knowing that they killed something.

• Heather says:

How can anyone say that we should be caring more about humans than animals?!?!?! Because quite frankly i care about animals a hell of a lot more than the ignorant ass holes who willingly wear fur knowing perfectly well how these animals are killed? To me humankind has sunk very low espescially the fasion industry! I loathe those inhumane idiots and i wish i could torture them and skin them alive just like they do to these helpless and defensleess creatures. I mean come one foxes are beautiful creatures but they are much more beautiful alive then dead! I mean im only 16 and it sucks bc it feels like i can’t do anything to help!! I wish i could just inform the world and make everyone stop doing this! I hate JLo and Julian MacDonald! I hate them so much they are haters and need to get over themselves and stop caring about money and start caring about animals who are being ruthlessly tortured under their labels!!!! Sometimes i hate even calling my self a human being bc as a whole our race is disgusting! It makes me so sad knowing that as im typing this right now some animals is probably being clubed to near death and then skinned while alive!! I hate it!!! And i also think that PETA was right in calling out those celebrities on the worst dressed list! If it were me i would of said a lot meaner things than that.. and to the people who think that PETA was childish in saying that stuff about richie and ricci and the others…F You! Your no better than the people killing the animals for their fur!!!!

• Amy says:

I think that the video needed to be shown. It needs to be posted on more websites. Watching I cried and tried as hard as I could to stop myself from vomiting. What I hate most is that I have to sit here feeling hopeless. I am a strong animal lover and feel that it is extremely sick to see that people have no empathy what so ever and then to hear on lookers laughing in the background is disqusting.

• Jessica says:

I dont understand why fur is such a trend anyways it’s unreasonable not worth it and not even cute….but I had no idea that’s what they did to the animals that they used to make these things!! That’s like the saddest thing I’ve ever seen! PETA has every right to address the issue…and I thought it was pretty shveet when they threw a pie in Anna Wintours hair..it made me laugh. hard. tee hee

• Alyssa says:

I think that PETA has every right to address their opinion on what the stars are wearing celebrities are the power of this country and they don’t always use their abilities properly. PETA needs to make it CLEAR. With the stars doing wrong So to say it’s encouraging others to be like them. Look at Paris Hilton there are BILLIONS of girlsboys that want to be her and will do everything in their steps to grasp that goal. PETA right on keep doing what your doing. Your subject caught my eye and I know it caught many others. Hense the responses. Sincerely ALYSSA

• The man says:

• Lucy says:

Aside from the inhuman cruelty to the animals in the video it’s disgusting that people are concerned about the comments PETA made about the poor rich self centered celebrities when animals are being kept in conditions so barren they lose their sanity and display abnormal behaviors until they their taken out of their cages to have their skins ripped right off their bodies while their still alive while being beaten and stomped on.Imagine the horrible pain their going through.Boo hoopoor Kate and Nicole.Starving themselves when they have enough money to feed a country in their bank account.

• n says:

I didn’t know people could be so cruel. Ripping off a defenseless animal’s fur is awful enough on its own but doing it whilst the animal is struggling and crying is just unfathomable. I also agree with the others saying that insulting people about their lives is rude and unacceptable. You’d think a more civilised approach would be more effective.

• Joanne says:

I’ve seen that video a few times before and have gotten tearyeyed each time. While I applaud PETA’s occasionally shocking tactics to bring people’s attention to the cruelties fur farming some people won’t respond or refuse to listen to such shock tactics. A onesizefitsallshock approach may not work for everyone. I think someimes a quieter nonjudgemental approach can also be part of the equation. Rather than regurgitate what everyone else has already said I’d like to share an experience I had with a furwearer. I had a couple pet chinchillas in my university days. One of them was a very peoplefriendly little guy named Chiko. He loved fresh air and really enjoyed people fawning over him so sometimes I’d cradle him in my elbow and go out for short walks. Chiko loved people and they loved him especially since chinchillas aren’t very wellknown animals unlike dogs or cats. Frequently I’d be asked what kind of animal he was so I’d use that opportunity not only to introduce the chinchilla species but also to mention that they were prized for their fur. Almost always the next thing they would say would be “I’ve heard of chinchilla fur but oh I had no idea they were such adorable little creatures!” I’d usually follow with a tagline from a PETA ad “Well I think fur coats only look good on their original owners!” Most people would nod and I could tell it made them think. One day I saw a woman a few feet away from me wearing a fur coat made of you guessed it chinchilla fur. I deliberately walked towards her so she’d see me Chiko in arm but I waited for her to talk to me first. Like most people she was very curious about him. Then she noticed that his fur was identical to what she was wearing. She was taken aback and looked very sheepish. I assured her I wasn’t going to hurt her or damage her fur coat but said if she had any questions about chinchillas I’d be glad to answer them. We ended up chatting for about 10 minutes and I told her about Chiko’s cute little antics what it was like raising chinchillas and the big playroom he shared with my other chinchilla. She then took off her coat and then petted and played with him. Finally she turned to leave. As she walked away no longer wearing her chinchilla fur but having it draped over her arm I knew she was thinking about chinchillas as animals as living creatures. I think a gentle informative educational approach whereby you allow the person to come to his or her own conclusions could be just as effective as a hardline shocking one.

• Semone says:

It broke my heart to see this video.I can’t believe that people could be so heartless.Yes God gave us dominion over the animalsbut i seriously doubt that he meant this.I think it’s horrible the way these animals are being treated.They should at least have the decency to make sure that the animal has really died.Don’t these people know that what goes around comes around.

• jessica lavoie says:

I was too afraid to watch this video I didn’t want to see what would happen because I knew I would cry and I would never be able to get the image out of my head. The important thing here is the cruelty to animals it will never ever stop completely but it can be decreased. By exposing these stars Peta has done a good thing they have given people a choice. You can choose to watch these stars buy their fan gear albums or movies and support them financially so they have the means to buy fur and perpetuate animal cruelty or you can boycott them all together until the latest fad becomes saving the animals so they get good PR again and reclaim their fan base. Up to you….

• Paula says:

For Gods Sake! Help people first??? It is because of certain human beings like these on the video that our planet is the way it is! What kind of HUMAN would skin an animal alive? IF THEY CAN DO THAT TO AN ANIMAL THEY CAN EASILY DO SUCH A THING TO A HUMAN BEING. Your actions show who you are. These people SHOULD NOT be living in our society they are probably marginals who destroy our peace murder humans and go against the law. No one with a good head or a good example to give would agree or do such a thing. Again if they have the cold blood to torture an animal they are no good because they can do it to their own kind as well. Cruelty brings cruelty of any kind. People who have no respect for EVERY LIVING thing in the world should not be around us it is because of them because of their selfishness and ignorance that children are starving animals being savaged and other cruelty’s are happening not only with animals but with US too. Peta IS RIGHT only shocking images the reality will make people understand since some people seem to not care when you are being nice. Keep on the GOOD WORK PETA lets continue to help our planet to get rid of subjects who destroy our society and bring crimes to our doors destroying our peace. And lets NOT cover up the truth. IF YOU CAN BE CRUEL TO AN ANIMAL YOU ALSO CAN BE CRUEL TO A HUMAN!!!!!

• Outraged says:

PETA is doing the right thing to wake people up. Those in power either financial power or political power or those with the power to influence cultural practices MUST get involved to STOP THIS. Clearly authorities are NOT doing all they can and actions like this must be stopped. If getting Brad Pitt and Angelina J involved will help PETA’s cause then by all means do it. Stop buying fur. There is no middle ground here. Support agencies that protect the innocent that cannot protect themselves. There is so much wrong with international trade honouring the almighty dollar that unless we speak up and vote with our wallets this type of autrocity will continue. Stop buying fur and especially fur from China. Yes their culture is different but that is a poor and sad excuse to tolerate China’s torture methods. Some suggestions 1 educate the skinners as to the outrage they have caused and the effect their practices are having on their country. 2 find out who is buying the furs and make that public to us. 3 do a follow up on what the local Chinese politicians are doing about this… if anything. I hope Karma exists.

• plainsman says:

That video was horrible. But you have to remember things are done radicly different in China and life is valued differently even human remember Tiananmen square? I know some people that deal furs here in the US and they do not treat animals with such cruelty. Its sad to see such disregard for life.

• Jessica says:

Whilst I’ve never worn fur in my life and have no reason to I don’t think that individual people should have personal remarks made about them because they have made the choice to wear fur whether they are celebrities or not. Everyone should be treated with respect and courtesy we all have that right. Perhaps they chose to wear fur because they were illinformed? That has nothing at all to do with someone’s weight the size of someone’s forehead or their sexual activity. If PETA really wants to shame these people why not contact them personally rather than insult them publicly? You catch more flies with sugar than vinegar PETA. I’d be very surprised if one of those women chose to give up fur and support PETA now that they have been insulted by the organization.

• Monique says:

I must agree with some other comments out there while the opposition of wearing fur still stands strong childish verbal attacks and tastless remarks about celebrities further decimates PETA’s overall good intentions. In order to sucessfully get the message across PETA needs to remove it’s image of a whining brat. When it matures to the level above namecalling and elementary maybe more people will take the organization more seriously.

• David says:

I don’t believe in watching animals suffer. I would’nt want to cause that to an animal. It’s sick to remove an animal’s fur while it’s still alive if I was there had a gun I would put the poor thing out its misery.