PETA Weekly (2/10/12)
Google goes gaga for vegan food, learn how to show bunnies some love this Valentine’s Day, and help us ask Florida not to change its slogan to “The Hoarder State.” Here’s everything in PETA’s world that you might have missed this week.
PETA News on Tumblr
Don’t miss any breaking animal rights stories. Hop on over to PETA’s Tumblr page for the latest:
- Leather: A Global Killer (infographic)
- Terrell Suggs Is the Defensive Player of the Year (If Suggs would like some hugs, I volunteer.)
New Action Alerts
- Deceptive ‘Animal Rescue Act’ Will Endanger Animals in Florida: Tell legislators that to become “no kill,” the state has to first be “no birth.”
- Urge Officials to Cancel Plans to Trap and Hunt Gray Wolves: Minnesota plans to allow hunters and trappers to shoot wolves or trap them in barbaric steel-jaw traps.
- Tell ShopRite to Drop Foie Gras: There’s nothing “rite” about force-feeding ducks and geese.
- Stop Greyhound Racing in Wichita: Kansas officials are considering reopening the defunct Wichita racetrack—don’t let them.
- Speak Up Against Indiana Bill That Hides Truth About Factory Farms: Indiana is trying for an “ag-gag” bill that would ban undercover photographing and videotaping of factory farms. Help defeat this one like you’ve helped defeat the others.
- Dogs and Cats in Texas Breeding Mills Need Your Help: Texas has passed a law that regulates puppy mills, but it is in danger of being watered down and several rules must be strengthened.
If your comment doesn't appear right away, please be patient as it may take some time to publish or may require moderation.