PETA Puts Out the Un-Welcome Mat for Ringling

Written by PETA | April 16, 2010

Notorious animal abusers might rethink a visit to Norfolk, Virginia—home of the world’s largest animal rights organization (PETA!). When Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus rolls its elephant-beating act into town, our Norfolk office holds a lively and unmissable protest to make it known that the animal circus isn’t welcome here—or anywhere! Check out yesterday’s great turnout from PETA’s opening-night demo. We’ll be at every show to cheer the plummeting attendance figures. Please take a second to speak up for the animals who suffer for the saddest show on earth by urging the USDA to revoke Ringling’s exhibitor license.

Ringling Demonstration

Ringling Demonstration

Ringling Demonstration

Written by Lindsay Pollard-Post

Comments

• YESSENIA MONTOYA says:

I AM VERY UPSET BECAUSE THIS CIRCUS IS GOING TO BE IN HARTFORD. I AM GOING TO GO AND PROTEST AGAINST THESE CRUEL PRACTICES. THESE INDIVIDUALS ARE DISGUSTING BECAUSE THEY USE THESE POOR ANIMALS TO MAKE MONEY AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEM. THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD PASS LAWS AGAINST THESE VICIOUS PEOPLE. PLEASE STOP ABUSING ANIMALS!!

• Marion says:

All elephants should be saved from this. Keep protesting.

• John says:

Exactly what Ringling or any animalabusing circus for that matterdeserved awesome work.

• shea says:

very well done!! i am telling everyone that i know not to go to these shows!! you all did an awesome job!!

• Megan North says:

Good job guys! I am an Oregonian college student working on a research essay about the abuse and neglect of circus animals. I cant believe the stuff I’ve learned since starting this project! Keep up the good work the animals need our help!

• James says:

How inspiring to see such young individuals involved. There IS Hope… LOVE

• roxanne says:

what sweet kids a compassionate young generation is what society needs.

• Jay says:

Is it really only Ringling to blame for it? Watch the others also to chain whatever should be forbidden!!

• Patricia Akers says:

I have always stayed away from Ringling Brothers Circus because of their outright abuse to their animals. Also recently seeing advertisements about Shriners Circus and their animals. Stay away

• Leslie Hathaway says:

I had no idea that elephants were being abused like that. It makes me sick. Thank God for Peta. I pray that one day soon animal will stop. It makes me sad everyday when I think about all the animals that are being hurt on a daily basis. There is no excuse for it.

• John says:

The Feld family who own Ringling Brothers are terrorists. They have hired ex CIA criminals to terrorize whistleblowers and they send elephants with tuberculosis out to infect children. This is terrorist activity. The USDA with our tax money is supporting these terrorists. And they hire this terrorist httpwww.bermanexposed.org to help them hurt honest people in this country so they can stuff themselves with money.

• M. Anderson says:

Th to putere is power in numbers.Keep making ‘noise’ about the torture that these animals go through.I’ve always questioned what kind of person could physically abuse these beautiful animals. How do they sleep at night?Shame on them to put it lightly. Find another job if you have a heart!!

• Sofia Blanco says:

thant’s great job… we can save animal

• Daan Geboers says:

Keep up the good work Peta greetings from Daan Geboers from the Netherlands

• Lene harries says:

Great great Thank you to all you dear dear people

• Terri Wasylycia says:

You little beauty!! Well done that’s showing them we don’t condone their longstanding cruelty and that the public KNOW what they get up to behind they’re close cages. Great to see children joining the protests. Did they get the message yet???

• Mrs. Sherry McCall says:

Glad I read Animal Times.Iam definitely going Vegan! I hope you are working to help the American horses from being abused sent out of America to be slaughtered. The head of BLM should be fired taken over by someone who knows that sending into holding pens isn’t the answer they have a right to stay on their land forever.Keep up the great work! Sherry McCall

• Laura says:

Great to see protests like this to help everyone become aware! I love the shirts!

• Melanie Durocher says:

Awesome Job guys… well done… I’ll be sure to do the same if they ever come to Winnipeg!

• Courtney says:

Great job everyone…let’s keep educating people about the circus in every town city!

• Bonnie says:

No circus KFC or fur for me thanks to PETA. Thank God this organization cares enough about animals to put information like this out there. Thank God for PETA!

• michelle Woods says:

Thanks so much for standing up and helping all the animals and making people aware and educated. ringling brothers the worst show on earth!!! oh how I hate the circus. mxx

• Shannon Maloney says:

I love seeing children protesting as well. I think that all kids parents should inform about things like the zoo and the circus and mostly eating meat. Because no matter how old they are they should have the right to choose.

• Aneliese says:

“Don’t taze me bro!” Epic sign right there!

• curtis says:

so proud of you all.

• Marina Paz says:

May parents teachers and all grownups GET AWARE of animal circus cruelty shown and manifestes greatly by PETA to teach children real fun wich always has to have the foundation of lovin kindness towards all INCLUDING ANIMALS!

• John Carmody says:

WOW! this is just so damn awesome!!!

• Kjetil Hagenes says:

Tanks

• Tania says:

Well Done Guys!!!!

• Andre Inglis says:

Truly and awesome event for awareness. Keep up the great work!