Pamela Anderson’s Dance Against Bullfighting

Written by PETA | April 5, 2010
© Star Max Inc.
Pamela Anderson

I think it goes without saying that a vote for Pamela Anderson on Dancing With the Stars (DWTS) is a vote for beauty, talent, and animals—which is why I’ll be casting all twelve of my votes for her by:

1. calling 1-800-868-3411
  2. texting the word “vote” to 3411
  3. Giving her all 10 of my online votes

Pamela’s run on DWTS has been riveting. And tonight, she’s bringing the season’s fieriest, most fascinating dance yet: She and her partner Damian Whitewood will be performing the paso doble (the traditional Spanish dance based on the interaction between a matador and bull)—and Pamela will be using the performance as an opportunity to speak out against bullfighting.

In preparation for her performance, which she and Damian are calling “Dance, Don’t Bullfight,” PETA sent DWTS a sneak peek of our soon-to-be-released anti-bullfighting video starring actor, singer, and guitarist Charo. Charo also joined Pamela in rehearsal to show her some Flamenco moves to spice up her compassionate choreography. With 20,000 people taking action last week to eliminate Madrid’s proposal to declare the bloody “sport” to be an activity of cultural value, Pamela’s kindly orchestrated move for bulls couldn’t come at a more empowering moment.

You can cast 12 votes for Pamela tonight, and if she makes it through to next week, I just might definitely will have a contest lined up for you—so vote for her!

Written by Logan Scherer

Comments

• D. Mayorga says:

Thank you for caring about animalsincluding the bulls! We animalovers are in the majority and education is the key.

• Flo says:

Bullfighting is disgusting. Anyone in the right mind will definitely see that. I personally abhor all kinds of ways invented by human to kill. Thank God for PETA Pam and Damian. Thumbs up guys!

• Linda says:

Love Pam She’s a great dancer l give her all the votes. I think it’s a wonderful idea to promote her Peta ideas on the dance show smart girl. You Rock Pam!!

• Tammy says:

YAY!!!!!!!!! Pam is safe! You Go Girl!

• holdoll007 says:

love you pammy!

• MA Moore says:

Love it! Thank you dear Pamela for all you do for the animals. Go Team Pam.

• Tammy says:

We voted for Pammy 40 times last night using different phones. Hoped it helped. I thought Pam did great again last night. Why hasn’t Kate been sent home? She is awful!

• Caroline Kropka says:

Pam is gorgeous a good dancer and a wonderful person a friend for both animals and humans. You rock Pam and I plan on voting for you.

• ann says:

I just saw Pam’s dance and thought it was great. I love that she was able to incorporate an antibullfighting message into her dance. I’ve never voted in DWTS before but will this time. She was in the bottom 2 last week and if she had been eliminated she wouldn’t have been able to bring about this awareness. Hopefully she can sneak in another animal rights message or 2 in future performances. All PETA supporters should vote for Pamela!

• Sarah says:

stop bullfighting

• Mel says:

I hope that she gets disqualified for using the TV show to promote her views.

• Rex's Mom says:

You can only cast votes for the amount of couples who are left. There are 10 couples left. There were 11 to begin with so you couldnt give 12 votes with only 11 couples. One couple was eliminated last week so the most you can give are 10 votes!

• pauly says:

bull fighting is one of the most cruelest things that I have ever seen. These people actually stand and cheer for this kind of thing to happen absolutely disgusting to me. Thank you once again Pam for “taking the bull by the horns” I could not help it and hopefully leading him out of the bull fighting rings.

• Tammy says:

Go Girl! Thank you!

• Andre Inglis says:

Get ACTIVE and VOTE for PAM!!! Takes only a minute!!!

• Curtis says:

Go Pamela! She’s got all my votes tonight no doubt about it. Bullfigting is blood and gore Pam is hot and gorgeous!

• Abby says:

Bullfighting is completly stupid pointless and inhumain.

• iris flanagan says:

i dont believe in bulfighting or any other way of killing an animal and i detest hunters