One more fight for Vick’s dogs?

Written by PETA | August 28, 2007

This week, Vick’s dogs became the “property” of federal authorities, which means that they are no longer legally required to be held as they have since April, awaiting what is widely accepted as the only safe and humane fate for dogs bred, raised and trained to kill each other and other animals: a painless release from this world. Some people are saying “we must save the Vick dogs!” That sounds good, but let’s think for a minute. These dogs are not only hot fighting stock but a hot “star” commodity and will always be in danger of being stolen. For four months now, they have gone stir crazy in cages at animal control agencies around Virginia. Because they can’t be trusted to be around each other or any other animals, they are isolated, kept in solitary confinement, 24/7. Although this has likely been the only time in their sad lives when humans have shown them any kindness, life in a cage is no life. Some people have gone as far as to suggest that the dogs should have their teeth removed so that they can stay alive. Warehousing and mutilating these dogs is not the answer; it’s cruelty. Keeping them solitary and caged for the rest of their lives, no matter if in a “sanctuary” pen or in a pen in a yard, won’t be much different from how they spent their non-fighting time on Vick’s property. In this case, we must not only think about what makes us feel good. We have to think carefully about these dogs, the other animals, too, and perhaps children, who could well be at risk if “the Vick dogs” are released. Let’s also think about the tens of thousands of homeless dogs languishing in animal shelters at this very moment who desperately need our attention—the thousands upon thousands of dogs who can actually be walked or run in a dog park without fear of a mauling or worse; who are social and happy-go-lucky and won’t have to be kept isolated for life due to the unpredictable behavior that results from abuse.

Every day that these dogs remain in kennels at animal shelters is a day of increased euthanasia rates for the potentially adoptable animals that the shelters must put to death for lack of space. There is only so much space, and resources are limited. May I humbly suggest that instead of raising hell and raising money to try to “rehabilitate” these dogs, and instead of flying to Virginia to “save the Vick dogs,” we do less “heroic” but even more important things to save dogs’ lives. When it comes to euthanasia, every day’s real world choice is of which not if—making the choice to demand that fighting dogs be “saved” is a soothing fantasy, more about public relations and, in some obvious cases, about fundraising, than about truly helping the most dogs in the most productive ways. If you have been tempted to join the call to “save the Vick dogs,” please think about sponsoring a spay surgery instead. That simple wonderful act will prevent the births of countless homeless dogs who will never have to be “saved” because they will never be homeless, thanks to you. Or call your local open-admission shelter and find out how else you can get involved. It makes more sense and helps more dogs.

Comments

• Jo Ann says:

I think they should rub raw beef on Mr. Vick and put in a cage with the “Vick dogs”. He is a disgrace and I can’t believe that an operation as big as his wasn’t noticed earlier. Micheal Vick should never be mentioned as an athlete or anything other than what he is …a cold hearted coward!! It is ashame that God gave him a gift..talentand he threw it away!! The NFL should not stand the digrace of him in any uniform!!

• Candace says:

I feel everyone should speak for all dogs that suffered at the hands of Vick his gang. One NFL player compared this to hunting. That is a low blow. These poor dogs were tortured at the hands of others put on stage as a show. How sick is that? The NFL needs to make a statement no longer have Vick or anyother player that has made bets or attended these dog fights. How can any sane person take pleasure in this? Vick needs to pay back the dog community. Much money toward SAVING dogs would be a start. I know I can sleep at night knowing I would never take joy in killing living animal that puts their whole life into our hands

• sherri says:

What year is petapan living in? I thought we were in 2007? Also isn’t there something that can be done about the threat petapan made? Apparently people forget that just because they are on the internet they are not always anonymous and they forget how to work the caps key.

• TRISH says:

lET’S GIVE THESE DOGS A JOB LIKE GUARDING PRISONERS.

• lou says:

i dont agree with with having to put to sleep these dogs they have not asked to be trained to kill or maim each other i think they should try and be retrained

• Anonymous says:

UR A RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! “MRS. BLACK QUEEN I HAVE TO STICK BY MY BLACK PPL” IF I KNEW U I’D KNOCK U THE FUCK OUT YOU FUCKIN IGNORANOUS….U SHOULD B EMBERRAASSED TO BE ALIVE…

• Liz O says:

Vick the Prick is Sick and the color of his skin has nothing to do with it. I am writting the Judge who will sentence him to be as mean as he was and give him the whole 5 years to “grow Up” because that is how long it will take that AHole to grow up.

• peta-pan says:

TO ALL YOU IGNORANT ASS HOLES WHO WANTS TO MAKE THIS RACIST THIS IS FOR YOU. ISN’T IT A FACT THAT IN THE 50′S 60′S DOGS DID ATTACK BLACK PEOPLE WOULDN’T THEY HAVE HAD TO BE TRAINED TO BE THAT VICIOUS SO VICK DIDN’T START THIS ITS BEEN GOING ON. RIGHT NOW I DONT HAVE THE TIME TO RSPOND FULLY TO YOU DUMB ASSES BUT LET ME TELL YOU THIS THAT ALL YALL WHORES CAN KISS MY ASS AND I WILL POST SOON. IQ007 I GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU THAT WILL SHUT YOUR STINKING MOUTH YOU IGNORANT BITCH.

• Jasmin says:

PETA I will no longer support you financially via my donations for killing these defenseless animals. If your teen becomes violent would you kill herhim too? If Ingred loses her mind and injures someone would you kill her too? There is nothing humane about euthanasia It is MURDER!

• Mirna says:

Kim K I agree with our statement that dogs are better than most people. I have been accused of favoring animals or humans I must agree this it true and my answer is always the same. If humans were dogs cats etc. I would offer them my unconditional friendship shelter and a plate of food. And the world would be a better place!!

• Ana says:

Dee Dee PETA blog This is an animal rights blog concerned about seeking justice for animals and ending the horrible cruelties that they are subjected to daily every second of the day. Why don’t YOU take the TIME to alleviate all of the injustices that people suffer at the hands of PEOPLE. I don’t go on peoplerelated blogs and demand rights for animals because unlike you I know that that would be utterly stupid. So what you done lately for all those people you care so desperately about??? Your being a Vick supporter says it all for me. ANIMAL LIBERATION!!!!!

• Mars says:

“PETA has done more to help animals than any other organization.” Like what? Hunters have contributed Billions of dollars toward game and nongame animals and provided funding to purchase millions of acres of land to preserve wildlife habitat.PETA has done more?

• observer says:

maya agrees with peta pan LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!! stupid evil minds think alike!!!

• Kim K says:

PETA has done more to help animals than any other organization. The article is right on. The Vick dogs are better off dead. So are some of the idiots who are on this blog. And by the way dogs are better than most people.

• ksm4 says:

The dogs are not at fault for their behavoir. They are stereotyped along with rotweillers and dobermans. its how you raise the dogs on how they act. I am around all types everyday and I don’t have any problems. Vick should be treated just like he treated those dogs. No excuse in treating animals the way they did. NO EXCUSE! He makes plenty of money!! Why hurt animals??? He is a worthless piece of shit and I wish I could tell him that face to face!!! Vick YOU ARE A WORTHLESS HUMAN BEING AND I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• eve says:

For God’s sake petapan stop using the ” us black people are treated unfairly” card. yes its’s true that black people are subjected to a lot of racism and pressure and are expected to act like deliquints. yes it is true that the prejudices of us ‘white people’ have made having a comformtable life harder than it is for us. but i am sick and tired of black people using the ‘black card’ as an excuse for everything that goes wrong. vick tortured dogs. that is a fact. will him being a great football player or being white or asian or turquoise have made those dogs any more comfortable? no. it disgusts me how ready people are to aquit the richandfamous of their wrongdoings. and ” WE WENT AFTER MIKE WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE” oh please there was dead dogs littered all over his place but no that can’t possibly count as evidence when the accused is the famous 7 Michael Vick. this just shows how desperate you are to blindly aquit him of all faults just because he is a a very talented football player bbecause he is just soooooooooooo damn famous that he can’t possibly be that bad and cthe ohsocliche “black card”. i respect black people and my best friend is actually haitien but please stop pulling that card it just hinders the progress that other more rational and educated black people have made towards destroying that racism that you so despise.

• DLD says:

whatthe differents between dogfighting and luring animals with food or a chance to mate and shooting them. they really don’t have a chance against guns or bows.are dogsand cats more real than any other animal

• Mirna says:

Ann I have been honored to have rescue 3 pitts in my life and they all lived to be 13 plus years old. I loved them dearly and they never had a bad gesture towards anyone they met. Are there bad ones out there YES but there are good and bad people also should we judge all people of one race for the actions of just a few I think not. I also rescued a Chihuahua bless her sole cute as hell one time that I had to keep on a very SHORT LEASH if you know what I mean. She would jump at the chance to bite anyone or anything that was within her reach. I called her SHE DEVIL and she was. LOL. But I love her the same. Pitts are working dogs not killing machines that was man made. But I still understand you position and respect your thoughts. But not all pitts are bad. There is one here in my home town that is a therapy dog and has received a lot of awards.

• Ana says:

petapan I can’t stop laughing!!!!! LOL HA ha ha ha!! Take your meds. Vick is sick and so are you!!! Animal Liberation now!!! 007 You are so right about this sick buffoon petapan. No wonder the animals suffer so much in this world they have idiots like this guy to contend with. Can’t bother to respond to his mad comments. JUSTICE FOR ANIMALS!!!

• Dee Dee says:

Let me just start out saying that I am a Vick supporter. That being said I just will never understand how PETA is so into preservation of the dog. I like dogs. I think they are cute wonderful to have and overall good animals. But let’s be honest here we all know that pit bulls rotweilers are very agressive dogs with a propensity to fight even without provocation. Why do you all take the time commitment and resources to fight so vehemetely for these “killers” when you should be putting your time resources and overall efforts into something more important like being activists for healthcare for all Americans ridding our streets of countless numbers of men women and especially children who are homeless etc etc. I could go on but you all really need to come together and protest and protect our people FIRST.

• Kim Langlois says:

If I read that this is a racist issue ONE more time I am going to VOMIT. Does anyone honestly think that if Manning or Bradley had been caught the same way that everybody would have said “Oh that’s okay”. I am seeing lots of racism all right and it certainly isn’t directed towards blacks. It is directed towards whites because the black people who support Michael Vick apparently think that laws are written only for whites to obey…and if blacks commit a felony well then that is just fine. Face it!! It is NO longer WHITEY who is keeping the black man down….it is the Michael Vicks and DMXs of the world. Clean your OWN closet before you start whining that living with the stigma of past injustices give a man free rein to commit crimes simply because he is black.

• Maya says:

Hi Petapan. I hope you don’t mind if I address some of your concerns I agree with them. You have a valid point if I had to choose between pointing the finger at Vick and going to jail I would lie my butt off!! However that does not change the fact that Michael Vick admitted to a judge that he took part in executing dogs. Once he admitted that I had no choice but to assume that he did. I’m a certified veterinary nurse and I can assure you of two things 1. Many animal professionals think that PETA goes too far sometimes. This over the top story is typical of PETA focusing like crazy on celebrities. However I beleive in my heart it’s not racism. Think about it PETA gets lots of attention read donations by name dropping celebrities. The NFL football ESPN all hotticket items right now. You know as well as I do Peta pan that this would have been a hot potato story even without PETA because Vick is a huge celebrity sports star. 2. Also I want to assure you many animal professionals like myself and veterinarians and shelter workers and such do take civil rights veterans rights and homeless issues seriously. I worked with a woman who cooked dinner for homeless folks including veterans at her home several times a week and offered them a place in her home when they needed it. And plenty of us vote and go to civil rights protests for the rights of African Americans. It’s on my mind a lot because I don’t like any kind of injustice. Take care. Maya

• 007 says:

SITE OWNER forgot to sign in re previous post. please post PETA PAININTHEASS I REPEAT YOU ARE TRYING TOO HARD. YOUR ANGER OBLITERATES ANY HOPE FOR A SANE INTELLIGENT THOUGHT FROM YOU. ME ANGRY? NOT A CHANCE! YOU ONLY WISH YOU HAD ANY SUCH POWER OVER ME! NEWSFLASH!!! GOD’S “TRUE” CHURCH DOES NOT REEK OF FILTHY HATE SPEECH AND MANIACAL OUT OF CONTROL EGOS AND ATTITUDES! YOU’RE CHOSEN ALL RIGHT… A CHOSEN DEVIL! LIKE I SAID YOU KNOW NOTHING AND CAN ONLY LASH OUT IGNORANT STATEMENTS AND VILE INVECTIVES. CAN’T EVEN MUSTER UP AN ORIGINAL SANE THOUGHT OF YOUR OWN SO YOU GO TWISTING OTHER PEOPLES STATEMENTS. DON’T BOTHER LOOKING FOR ANOTHER RESPONSE FROM ME AS I’VE WASTED ENOUGH TIME JUST TRYING TO READ YOUR ILLITERATE UNGODLY BLATHER! BOTTOM LINE YOU ARE A DISGRACE AND EMBARASSAMENT TO ILYAN YAHWEH GET DELIVERENCE! OR AS I SAID BEFORE YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE WORLD GET OUT!

• peta-pan says:

TO ALL OF YOU PETA SUPPORTERS IF YOU WERE SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE PITS THEN WHY NOT ADOPT THE PITS THAT ARE SUPPOSEDLY M. VICKS TO KEEP THEM FROM BEING PUT DOWN. YOU CAN’T DO THAT CAN YOU BECAUSE THEY BELONGED TO A BLACK MAN. IF THEY WERE THE UNEDUCATED PRESIDENT BUSH’S DOGS Y’ALL WOULD GLADLY TAKE THEM WOULDN’T YOU? IT’S SO AMAZING HOW U WENT AFTER MIKE WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER. BECAUSE THE 15 PAGE INDICTMENT WAS A BUNCH OF HOGWASH. IF I WERE THOSE CODEFENDANTS I WOULD HAVE LIED ON VICK TO SO THAT I COULD SAVE MY OWN ASS….THAT’S WHY I KNOW IT WAS A RACIST ISSUE EVERYTHING IS WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR KIND. ALL OF YOU AREN’T THE SAME BUT ITS ONLY A FEW. WHY DONT Y’ALL FIGHT FOR THE BLACK YOUNG MEN THAT ARE BEING BRUTALLY SHOT DOWN BY POLICIE’S ALL OVER THE WORLD NOT BECAUSE THEY DONE WRONG BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK. GET YOUR ASSES OUT AND FIGHT FOR THE HOMELESS PEOPLE THAT WERE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS EVEN SOME THAT FOUGHT WARS FOR THIS COUNTRY AND CAN’T EVEN GET A JOB OR BENEFITS FIGHT FOR THEM THAT WOULD BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN DOGS…I LOVE DOGS BUT I’M JUST NOT GOING TO PUT THEM BEFORE HUMANS……………

• ann says:

oh my god maggie this link scare the of me. the jerk is disgusting since i hv the volume up even my two dogs woke up from their beauty sleep started barking at the computer. so sad we hv jerk like this in our society he should be locked up for good.

• Anonymous says:

TO PETAPAININTHEASS… WHOA! YOU POOR THING. YOU’RE TRYING TOO HARD! CAN’T UNDERSTAND A WORD YOU’RE SCREAMING AND DON’T CARE TO YOU MANIACAL FOUL MOUTH LOON! “YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE HUMAN RACE GET OUT!!!

• ann says:

mirna bravo let’s hear ur opinion after u hv physically worked with pit bull. petapan according to the commander sergeant kevin kilgore of hanover vacounty animal control facility to the visinting reporters ur darling michael vick the criminal has NEVER visit or called to check on the eleven pit bulls which he CLAIMED he loved rescued from his house . that is ur darling vick the sick the ring leader of dogfighting the dog killer the liar the pathetic monster. he should be hang on the same tree which he hanged his NON PERFORM dogs dose with water then electrocuted his body slamed on the same wall he did to those dogshv his head push into a five gallon water bucketafter hv him neutered tossed his stinky body on the ground and let the dirt bury him. it is garbage like u make our socity the way it is today. it is a waste of time to read ur post so get lost and find a web where u belong.

• maggie says:

httpvids.myspace.comindex.cfm?fuseactionvids.individualvideoid2055961762 I found this video and was appalled…I cannot believe that he “defended” his case and actually JUSTIFIED dragging animals behind his car…he said that his mother did it to him when he was little…SO WHAT? He was also holding a Chihuahau…someone rescue the little guy!!!! Vick is a moron an IQ lower than DIRT. I don’t know which hole the dragged him from but I pray it was not in an educated environment….

• Susannah S says:

I don’t know how many of you already saw this but ASPCA is going to evaluate the Vick dogs to see if any of them can be saved. The final decision still rests with the judge but it looks as if there MAY be a chance for at least some of these dogs. I hope so.

• peta-pan says:

ANATHE DUMB ASS WHORE OR BITCH WHICH ONE IS IT. I’M NOT GONNA WASTE ANYTIME WITH YOU. I KNOW WITH A NAME LIKE ANA WHO YOU WOULD REPRESENT. THE KKK IS IN EVERY ORGANIZATION LIKE THE WHITE HOUSE COURTHOUSE SENATE YOUR HOME THEIR HOMES AND DEFINITELY PETA. I KNOW ABOUT PETA BUT EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT PETA NOW THE WAY Y’ALL WENT AFTER MIKE I THOUGHT YALL WERE A BUNCH OF PITBULLS. OBSERVSER OR OBSERVER WHICH ONE IS IT DUMB ASS. ME POSSESS BITCH PLEASE. Y’ALL ARE THE MOST EVIL PEOPLE OF THE EARTH. SO WHAT IF VICK LIED TELL ME YOU HAVEN’T LIED BEFORE YOU SICK WHORE. THAT’S ALL YALL DID WAS LIED AND STILL IS. MADE OUR ANCESTORS THINK THEY WERE AFRICANS BITCH PLEASE WE KNOW WHO WE ARE NOW. THAT WAS ONE BIG LIE… DONT YOU LIE TO YOUR KIDS ABOUT THOSE PAGAN HOLIDAYS AND ETC. HOW CAN YOU EVEN HAVE ROOM TO CALL MIKE A LIAR. HAVEN’T WE ALL LIEDMS GOODY 2 SHOES. I DONT HATE ANIMALS BUT I JUST WON’T LICK THEIR ASSES LIKE YOU YOUR POSSE…..YOU CAN KISS LICK MY ASS VICKS…….. SCOTT YOUR MAMMY IS A PIECE OF SHIT THAT I KNOW FROM VICKS NO. 1 SUPPORTER.

• peta-pan says:

007AND YOUR EVIL ADVOCATES. I KNOW I ANGERED YOU AND A LOT MORE OF YOUR KIND. I DO KNOW YAHSHUA DO YOU. HE DOES FAVOR US OVER Y’ALL READ THE BOOK THEN YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE REAL HEBREWS WILL REAP THE BENEFITS IN THE END. DONT BE MAD BECAUSE WE ARE THE CHOSEN ONES. LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING TRAMP HE DOESN’T HONOR THOSE WHO DON’T HAVE FORGIVING HEARTS LIKE YOURS OTHERS WHO REPRESENT PETA. I KNOW ITS HARD TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH BECAUSE EVERYTHING THAT I POSTED WAS FACTUAL BUT GET OVER IT BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS THE LIGHT. I DON’T HATE ANIMALS BUT I DON’T LOVE THEM ENOUGH FOR THEM TO SLEEP IN THE BED WITH ME NOR EAT FROM MY PLATE AND KISS ME IN THE MOUTH AND DEFINITELY NOT LICK MY PRIVATE PARTS LIKE YA’LLSO PUT A LID ON IT BITCH. I KNOW MORE ABOUT THE MOST HIGH THAN YOU EVER COULD. IT’S A SPIRITUAL CONNECTION BUT YOU COULDN’T KNOW ABOUT THAT BECAUSE YOU WASN’T BORN WITH THAT AND YOU SURE AS HELL DONT HAVE ANY SOUL AND MOST OF ALL YOU WORSHIP THE SUN NOT THE SON. WE ALL NEED THE MESSIAH DUMMY. TELL ME IQ OF 007 HOW HAVE YOU BEEN SO PERFECT THAT YOU HAVEN’T SINNED IN NO WAY. OH YOUR GOD SATAN MUST HAVE TOLD YOU THAT YOUR SIN WASN’T AS BAD AS VICK’S HOW DUMB ARE YOU. BECAUSE MY GOD CREATOR OF ALL THINGS RATES ALL SIN THE SAME. YOU UNEDUCATED FOOL.

• 007 says:

re petapain NO valid argument NO valid points NO credibility NO sense and NO CLASS. comes off more qualified to fight in the pit than the coerced pit bulls she purports to know so much about but knows NOTHING… unfairly maligning the breed without benefit of REAL understanding concern or knowledge. a lowlife mentality and ill regard towards these poor dogs is typical of her ilk and the breed has been cruelly exploited and abused at their hands thus the bad reputation of the breed and inherent tendecies and unpredictable behaviour of an unfortunate few usually subjected to neglect and abuse! fact when given a decent chance and a good HOME pitbulls have consistently proven to be exceptional pets deserving of our LOVE and HELP.

• Debbie P. says:

Oh Enough of you people crying that Michael Vick is being prosecuted because he is black! He is a despicable human being who deserves much worse punishment than he is getting. Maybe if he worried more about going to school than torturing dogs as a child he would not be in this predicament. If a white or hispanic person ever does what he has ADMITTED to doing we will want justice just as much. If you call getting paid 130 Million dollars to play a mindless sport predicial than maybe we will listen to you. Grow up and realize he is a loser no matter what color his skin is. Maybe Tiger Woods could teach him what a true sportsman should act like. I guess Vick chose to emulate OJ Simpson. How SAD!!!!!!!!!!

• Mary says:

Tandra Evans Thank you thank you for your comments. I was about to despair of reading anything written by a truly reasonable rational human being. I wish I could buy you lunch because I would love to get to know you better. I have a feeling we would become fast friends! People pay attention! An intelligent woman who actually possesses common sense!is trying to teach you something!

• k says:

The most humane thing to do for these poor animals is to put them down.

• engineer Al says:

How can we get this to the Judge that will sentence him? I am glad that Michael Vick has found God. That is just Dog spelled backwards! A simple punishment for Michael Vick would be that he can never own or be within 100 feet of a Dog. He is required to clean dog cages at Human Society while in Prison and he be placed on 10 years parole. How can we get this to the Judge that will sentence him?

• friendofkatrinapets says:

PETA is just pissed because they didn’t get to their way and see them all PTS! What’s this comment about mutilating them what’s that got to do with putting them in a sanctuary? YOU PETA folks hate pits. YOU refused to return Katrina pets to their rightful owners WHERE IS BATMAN the pom that belongs to the 7 yr old who begged for you to return his dog!? You have no shame! Owners had to fight to get the 5 back of the 22 that you stole!…shame shame shame on you. Hope Cara is taking good care of Batman cause the real owners will be happy he is still in good health when he comes home.

• Angela Zakrzewski says:

It’s times like these that I am embarassed to be a PETA member. How hypocritical can you be? According to animal behavioral specialists the majority of these dog’s CAN be rehabilitated. I am the proud parent of a rescue Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a rescue SharpeiPit Bull Mix. BOTH of my dog’s were bred to fight taken in a seize from a warehouse in Detroit. My dog’s show no signs of aggression they live in harmony with each other and my two small children.

• Susannah S says:

There may be little hope for Vick’s pit bulls but it’s not a bad idea to contact Cesare Millan and see what he can offer. He has rehabilitated fighting pit bulls many times and knows what he’s doing. Would there be any harm in trying? After all no pit bull of Cesar’s ever ends up in the pound as a great many of them do otherwise. Great idea and I hope PETA will consider it.

• monty says:

Vick should have gotten into the hunting business. According to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s most recent survey 13 million hunters spend 20.6 billion dollars per year. The economic impact of hunting is at $67 billion. Hunters can spend $2000 easily on equipment for the hunt. 13 million hunters vs Vick’s dogfighting… well let’s just say hunting is not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Suzi says:

Well it comes as a shock to me that this has become a race issue. I always thought the garbage that compete in this God foresaken sport ha were redneck hillbillies. But I do think it’s a great idea to make Vic pay for a shelter and reabilitation for any of these dogs that may possibly be saved.

• Ewa says:

Tell me how you treat animals I will tell you who you are”. “To judge cywilization religion philosophie man you can look haw they treat animals. We almost can do whatever we wont to do with animals. When we do good for them we can’t wait for rewords. For crualty we do we most of the time not punished. Whathever we do it is our morality”. Hope sam day treating right animals will be not neded to discuss.

• Yar says:

My companion is a Rottweilerlab mix who was labeled “extremely aggressive” after being abused by a previous person. He bit two persons drunks who were harassing him and many other dogs and many would have deemed him a lost cause. But he was just very nervous and paranoid. Now he’s the sweetest boy around and one of the most intelligent dogs I’ve ever met.

• Julia says:

These dogs should be saved and “relased” in Vick’s very own soon to be “CAGE”! Now that would be some really “BAD NEWZ” for you Vick!

• Theresa says:

Vick took the lives of these innocent dogs and Vick deserves the electric chair!!!

• Mirna says:

I still think PETA is GREAT! and will back you and defend all the good work that you do.

• Maggie says:

O.k. no attacks on my education B.A. plus I am a certified Dog Trainer. I have been fostering dogs for over 2 years now your usual foster dogs doesn’t land in rescue unless there isare some behavior problems. Granted my breeds of most expertise are pugs Boston Terriers and French Bulldogs but I am not prejudiced against Pit Bulls at all. I have seen so many Pit Bulls rehabilitated my mentor in rescue has a daughter and her rescued Pit Bull is nothing shy of a big puss. It would be wonderful if what remains of Vick’s pack could be evaluated by a professional for temperament then rehabbed by Pit Bull rescue where they are further evaluated and after passing all the tests placed in loving bully breed experienced homes. Granted this would take money but Vick’s fines should more than cover it and if not make his fines so they do. There should not be just a painting of a wide brush when it comes to these dogs or any dogs for that matter. Euthanasia should be an absolute last resort! I’ve had aggressive Bostons as fosters who were never bred for anything other than giving kisses and sitting on your lap but it just takes some smarts and common sense to figure out what sets them off and a commitment by the owner to not put the dog in a situation where it is apt to get stressed or whatever else sets it off. Rehabilitation can be done but as for Vick I’d give him little to no chance at rehabilitation. Just my humble opinion

• Christina says:

Tandra Evans… you SAID IT. Thank God someone did.

• Takis Parmenidis says:

Mia McLeod if you don’t agree that on an animal rights website animals are put before people so then fuck off this website and go to a blog which puts people before animals!

• Mirna says:

Ann For the record I do work with animals only not at a shelter but on the streets. I have met dogs on the streets most people think I am CRAZY for even trying to get near them. And yes it is dangerous at times. Best Friends Animal Sanctuary has animals on there property that most be separated from all other animals and yes they do live a good quality of life. Is it hard work you bet it is but well worth it. And I am sure if we could communicate with the animals they would agree. Also one of Cesar Milan “The Dog Whisperer most touching story is about oneeyed Popeye he was a fighting Pit Bull and yes they can be helped and with time some even become great canine citizens. Killing them is not a solution IT IS THE END!!