One more fight for Vick’s dogs?

Written by PETA | August 28, 2007

This week, Vick’s dogs became the “property” of federal authorities, which means that they are no longer legally required to be held as they have since April, awaiting what is widely accepted as the only safe and humane fate for dogs bred, raised and trained to kill each other and other animals: a painless release from this world. Some people are saying “we must save the Vick dogs!” That sounds good, but let’s think for a minute. These dogs are not only hot fighting stock but a hot “star” commodity and will always be in danger of being stolen. For four months now, they have gone stir crazy in cages at animal control agencies around Virginia. Because they can’t be trusted to be around each other or any other animals, they are isolated, kept in solitary confinement, 24/7. Although this has likely been the only time in their sad lives when humans have shown them any kindness, life in a cage is no life. Some people have gone as far as to suggest that the dogs should have their teeth removed so that they can stay alive. Warehousing and mutilating these dogs is not the answer; it’s cruelty. Keeping them solitary and caged for the rest of their lives, no matter if in a “sanctuary” pen or in a pen in a yard, won’t be much different from how they spent their non-fighting time on Vick’s property. In this case, we must not only think about what makes us feel good. We have to think carefully about these dogs, the other animals, too, and perhaps children, who could well be at risk if “the Vick dogs” are released. Let’s also think about the tens of thousands of homeless dogs languishing in animal shelters at this very moment who desperately need our attention—the thousands upon thousands of dogs who can actually be walked or run in a dog park without fear of a mauling or worse; who are social and happy-go-lucky and won’t have to be kept isolated for life due to the unpredictable behavior that results from abuse.

Every day that these dogs remain in kennels at animal shelters is a day of increased euthanasia rates for the potentially adoptable animals that the shelters must put to death for lack of space. There is only so much space, and resources are limited. May I humbly suggest that instead of raising hell and raising money to try to “rehabilitate” these dogs, and instead of flying to Virginia to “save the Vick dogs,” we do less “heroic” but even more important things to save dogs’ lives. When it comes to euthanasia, every day’s real world choice is of which not if—making the choice to demand that fighting dogs be “saved” is a soothing fantasy, more about public relations and, in some obvious cases, about fundraising, than about truly helping the most dogs in the most productive ways. If you have been tempted to join the call to “save the Vick dogs,” please think about sponsoring a spay surgery instead. That simple wonderful act will prevent the births of countless homeless dogs who will never have to be “saved” because they will never be homeless, thanks to you. Or call your local open-admission shelter and find out how else you can get involved. It makes more sense and helps more dogs.

Comments

• Matt says:

Not to diminsish what Mike Vick did but anybody who is calling for a MANS life over dogfighting is just as sick as Mike Vick himself. Dogfighting is almost as old as humanity itself it may be grusome and wrong but it is a issue that has been around. Instead of just protesting outside of the court house why dont you PETA people actually do something. By acting like fools in public you are diminishing your cause. Nobody is going to take a bunch of angry protesters seriously. Your approach has been unproductive so far while you protest Mike Vick another dog figth is happening in your city he is not the problem he has been caught his dogfighting days are overnow why dont you go stop someone else from making the same mistakes he did

• lala007 says:

forgive me but is that not against what we stand for?these dogs are agessive to other dogs not people.can’t they be tested for temperment like other dogs are? i’m sure not all of them could be put down. i’m also sure that there are people out there that have the right enviornment for these dogs. after what they have been through shouldn’t we at least try to give them a chance?

• Ray says:

so killing animals to prevent cruelty is okay? should we kill all the the livestock to prevent them from suffering in processing plants? PETA needs to stand by a policy of not killing animals if you ask me.

• Debi says:

This is just sickening how Vick let his prosperity do so much terrible negativity I thinks Vick and all his partners should be treated the same way they treated these poor unsuspecting dogs an eye for an eye…They should all be sentanced in the strictest manner as this is nothing less than premeditated murder in the first degree… This is truley disgusting and they need to be punished harshly…

• Alexis says:

Its so sad that these animals have known nothing but torment for their entire lives. What is even sadder is people like allahgehovah jones thinks that this is the first thing that PETA has stood up for. I truely believe that Vick should be thrown in jail and lose the key… or better yet put him to sleep with all the dogs… its what he deserves!

• Michele says:

To allahgehovah jones PETA has ALREADY criticized US government officials for hunting. You should be able to find articles on this issue on PETA’s website. Also you can go to httpwww.cafepress.competastore1208874 to check out all of the “Don’t Be a Dick Ban Hunting” merchandise regarding Dick Cheney’s little hunting mishap last year. I have the large mug at work and it sure is a conversation starter!

• Manong says:

If given the chance I would gladly take in all his dogs. Mike you should be ashamed of wasting such prized dogs. My family is mortified that you could do such a thing. In my homelands there are people that will gladly take them all especially those with Black fur.

• Carl says:

I think it is sad these dogs must be put down but they should also be recycled. The dogs should be fed to prisoners like Vick.

• Mel Mel says:

“but what about these white men that hunt and guess what they are not eating what they kill or horse racing the way they beat the hell out of the horse to entertain people” You obviously don’t know what PETA does. They have always fought those abuses to animals. Also hunting defenseless animals has nothing to do with someone’s colour. Damn it people stop bringing race into this. YES we do care about humans too. YES we do care about animals being harmed in all other situations you can come up with. NO PETA is not racist neither am I nor does racism or stereotypes help prove your point. “Tell you what if you attack the president or vice president or congress for hunting i will believe you people care as of right now i think you are a joke that needed someone famous for people to know and care who you are” Okay you purposely keep closing your eyes are pretend we don’t protest hunting to try and make us look like hypocrites. Moron.. Just goes to show you can’t come up with any actual good reasons to criticize us you have to make up stuff.

• ashley says:

I think it was a very sad thing what happend to those dogs they didn’t deserve it nor did they ask for it. Although I don’t agree with the way Mr. Jones put his opinon I do agree partly with him. How can we look down on Mr. Vick and also promote the hunting of also innocent animals. But I do think the way it was done was the worst thing when a animal is hunted it is shot and soon after dies it is not put through however many minuettes of torture fighting for its life with another animal. Or also the bait that they use to “rile” the dogs up that strain there is enough to scare the poor animal alone. I think Mr. Vick should be punished for what he has done and punished severly. Not because the dogs died but because of the torture that they were put through before they died. We have a law forbadding cruel and unusual punnsishment towards people why should that be any diffrent towards amimals.

• jane says:

When I break the law it’s all about my taking the wrong road picking the wrong friends making bad decisions…etcetcetc…… When an african american breaks the law or in Vick’s casebecomes a murdering monster it’s all about RACE….will I see an end to this in my lifetime?

• jane says:

When I break the law it’s all about my taking the wrong road picking the wrong friends making bad decisions…etcetcetc…… When an african american breaks the lawor in Vick’s casebecomes a murdering monster it’s all about RACE….will I see an end to this in my lifetime?

• Connie Paige says:

Micheal Vick is a Pig!!! I don’t believe he is sorry for his actions. He is sorry that he was caught and will now lose his millions. He has no remorse for what he did to those animals or the price the remaining dogs will now pay due to his actions. Addicts kill and steal and we try to rehabilitate them. Why not try the same for these poor animals that only GOD knows what they have already endured.

• Derek Williams says:

I agree.. People Deer hunt every year cut the Deer’s head off and hang it on their wall. Vick was wrong he apologized so let it go. I feel some of you people love animals more than humans.

• BG says:

• BG says:

I am so sick of you so called animal rights activists or whatever the hell you call yourselves. My father kills animals every winter by putting bullets in their asses as a hunter.You know this is flat out a messed up situation i do admit that much…The dogfighting was a terrible site to see but when I sit here and think about all the other things wrong with America this situation doesn’t even scratch the surface. I think about my sister who was murdered and the killers were never found and i think about how Mark McGuire had no where near as much publicity and negativity as Barry Bonds does for steroid usage hell McGuire even has a street named after him and I think about Chris Benoit who killed his whole family and I think about the nba ref who ruined games to gamble and how Bush is corrupting our nation and sending our youth to die. Then here Vick is…a man who has never been in trouble but yet he loses his whole entire life over dogfighting…Maybe im so empathetic bc I am a huge Vick fan but it is so easy to stand by ones side thru all of their successes i am a fan that will stick by Vick’s side for better or for worse. Yes he messed up but I believe with out a shadow of a doubt that this man has great intentions of becoming better…everyone deserves a second chance…Hell America is the home of second chances…so I love you Vick and I will always be your biggest fan!!!

• 007 says:

allangehovoa or whatever the hell your name is and VICKFAN are you for real? if you knew any better or would do a little research you would understand that PETA and many other animal organizations are at work and have been and that most of issues you make mention of are in fact covered. dogfighting is an insidious scourge on humanity which in light of recent events has been brought to the forefront because of a wellknown highly paid athlete’s involvement thus the outrage and deservedly so on many levels. THE EXTENT AND AUDACITY OF mVick’s CRUEL ACTIONS IS WHAT THE OUTRAGE IS ALL ABOUT! stir up some braincell activity and face the real facts of the matter! The fact that YOU are sick of something means NOTHING since you can’t see anyhing but your mindless point of view and not the truth about mVick’s sickening vile behavior and selfserving incessant lies. mVick does’t need morons like you to support him he needs prayer. so pray baby pray and stop making a fool of yourself!

• Max says:

allahgehovah jones Are you an idiot? PETA is very much aganst hunting and any animals use for entertainment. They say it all the time. There are people who have been following the circus for over 3 months just telling people the horrors is animals used for entertainment. Look at Jack’s blog titled “ON THE ROAD WITH THE CIRCUS” Make a name for ourselves? PETA has been around for over 25 years and has over 1.2 million menbers what are talking about???? Oh and no one gave a damn? how about all the minds PETA has changed Coke pepsi McDonalds wendys and burger king just to name a few PETA did speak out against the vice president after Cheney shot his friend PETA was all over it. Also they have a campain against the Bitish government to stop using bear fur. I think you should learn some facts before you make more of an ass out of yourself

• B.G says:

I am very disappointed in PETA for wanting the dogs killed because they might hurt someone. Looks like you would want Vick to pay to keep them somewhere safe for the rest of their natural life instead of asking for them to die.

• Kristen says:

I completely agree with you. It’s just such a difficult situation. Makes me so sad… Those poor babies.

• observer says:

those poor innocent dogs will finally be at peace in the arms of Divine Justice. the arms of Divine Love. their souls will be with the souls of the poor innocent kittens puppies and other poor innocent animals killed in the training for viciousness all living together in eternal blissful peace.

• Jason says:

There’s a big difference between hunting and creating a sport of ripping dogs apart. When you hunt it is very possible and not that hard to kill an animal humanely. Not only is hunting more natural than buying meat in the store it is better for the animals. The animals you hunt get to live in their natural environment unlike animals in factory farms. I’m happy that hunters get their meat from hunting instead of from cruel factory farms. Hunting is not only natural it is a better way of getting meat than buying it from the store it is better for the animals. Vick’s cruel actions with regard to the dogs are unforgivable and I think it is good that the NFL took decisive action against him and I hope the judgejury whatever don’t go soft on these charges. He violated the law and I hope he spends plenty of time behind bars for it.

• Jaclyn says:

Jack I think you said it best when you said that we must not think about what makes us feel good instead think carefully about these dogs. Very very well said. And by the way… ALLAHGEHOVAH JONES…. I have no words for your stereotyping… I’m sure you’re a doll in person regardless of how much of an idiot you look like in print.

• Ana says:

This is a very sensitive issue concerning these dogs. I think the ASPCA and Best Friends want to evaluate these dogs. I say let them. Even if one can be saved so be it. I do not agree with PETA’s stance in banning pitbulls nor with their position against nokill shelters. I may be a member of PETA but that doesn’t mean I agree with every position the group takes. I do applaud the many good things that PETA does do for all animals and the changes brought about by their actions. Because of this I continue to be a member and support PETA. But Jack you did eloquently state how difficult and painful all of this has been for these dogs. How sad! To all PETA members and animal activists please ignore the comment made by “jones”. How many times must we write the same message to answer the same old rhetoric ad nauseum? Let’s focus with what is at hand and with what is really importanthelping animals and spreading veganism!

• Wendy says:

It is a terrible thing that these Vick dogs have no furture due to his and his associates lack of human compassion. They cannot be socialized due to their extensive training to be aggressive fighters. I am an animal lover but the only kind thing for these animals is to be put to sleep and Michael Vick and his associates should be held accountable for their unfortunate fate. After reading his indictment there are many more involved in this awful world of dog fighting that need to be brought to justice. Dog fighting should be a felony charge in every state in this country and the punishment should be severe! A comment to the man who compared dog fighting to hunting when we have people who go out in a fenced in area where the animal has no chance of survival and tear animals apart with their bare hands or teeth I’m sure the american public will put a stop to it. Animal abuse on any level is unacceptable behavior

• kelly says:

The “no kill” nuts that want these dogs are the SAME nuts who dumped their Katrina rescue pit bulls with horrific hoarders and worse after they decided they couldn’t “keep” aggressive dogs at their sanctuaries. They are hypocrites! and they just want attention and donations

• S. L. Trout says:

A truly eloquent and heartrending epilogue to these precious pitiful creatures that have been so mistreated misused and betrayed by good ole’ mankind! Please animal loversunderstand that there is no other solution or future for these dogs other than to be humanely euthanized. It breaks my heart too. But if you REALLY care about animals go rescue a highly adoptable dog or cat from the pound in their honor and memory. If they could speak that’s what they’d ask you to do for them. May their tortured souls rest in peace and may all who glorify engage in and defend this barbaric heinous bloodsport end up in the hottest room in HELLFOREVER!

• Lori says:

It is always so easy for human beings to decide the life or death fate of other living creatures Especially since they can’t speak for themselves. I feel there is always a solution other than death except for in cases of the most extreme suffering. Killing these dogs is the easy way out. Do I have all of the answers? No I do not. But that does not mean they don’t exist. I am not a genius. Maybe we just haven’t thought about it hard enough. I think Peta has brought so much to the animal rights movement that is extraordinarily important but their policies on frequent euthanizia is where I draw the line in my support. No kill is a viable option if we are willing to fight hard enough to make it happen. Even with horribly abused and victimized fighting dogs.

• Lora says:

Putting all these dogs to death immediately is not the answer. Why are you against having them evaluated by trained animal behaviorists? There are puppies that may very well be able to be rehabilitated. If an organization with the resources and the will steps up to assist why would anyone be against giving these poor creatures a chance to live healthy happy lives? It makes no sense to me to just automatically say “Kill them.” That should never be the first answer.

• anti-sean says:

Coincidentally allahgehovahjones Ingrid Newkirk has already contacted Cheney about his hunting habits and more recently bashed Karl Rove for his antianimal comments and hunting. Both were featured on numerous television and print outlets. I’m supposing you don’t follow the news before posting heated undereducated opinions. Nice try.

• wealwaysfakeit says:

There is no other way to give these poor dogs peace. As far as the comments of allahgehovah jones they may be using Vick but there is NOTHING wrong with bringing things to light on the coattails of someone famous. Now people have no choice but to see this crap really does go on. I agree about the horse racing and would never attend anything where the animals are forced to perform for my enjoyment. I can throw the ball for my babies at home and have enough entertainment. You cant compare hunting which as far as I am concerned is wrong too to dog fighting come on… Hunters want a clean kill. One shot and its over. These dogs no so much. They are beaten all their lives. Forced to endure long periods of time without water or food. Forced to run on tread mills and other things for long periods of time. Forced to train in many cruel ways such as carry weights around their bodiesnecks to build strength. Same with horse racing dog racing ect… How can anyone compare this to the one shot hunter?? Again I am not saying hunting is ok but really come on there is no comparison here.

• VICKFAN says:

I JUST WANT TO START BY SAYING THAT AS A AFRICAN AMERICAN WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER. I HAVE SEEN SO MUCH GO ON IN CORPORATE AMERICA AND FRANKLY I’M SICK OF IT. YOU HAVE PEOPLE WHO HUNT ANIMALS FOR FUN AND OTHERS WHO WATCH BULL FIGHTS AND PLACE BETS AND NEITHER THE ORGANIZATIONS OR PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THESE ACTIVITIES RECEIVE ANY PUBLICITY. SINCE THESE PETA PEOPLE ARE SO INTO ANIMALS STOP BULLFIGHTING AND HUNTING AND BEING ABLE TO TAKE FISH OUT OF THERE HABITAT AND EAT. SEE THINGS LIKE THIS GO UNRECOGNIZED. WHY? BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT DO THESE THINGS AAREN’T SIGNING $130 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT THEY DONT CARE. MICHEAL VICK IS AN OUTSTANDING ATHLETE WHO IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST PAID IN NFL AND THESE DEVILISH PEOPLE IN AMERICA CAN’T DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT A BLACK MALE IS RICH AND HE’S RICH THE LEGAL WAY. WE ALL FEEL BAD FOR THESE ANIMALS BUT IF WE FEEL THAT BAD FEEL BAD FOR ALL ANIMALS NOT JUST DOGS THAT IRONICALLY WERE BEING ABUSED BY A BLACK MAN. STAY STRONG VICK!!!!!! YOUR BLACK QUEEN

• VICKFAN says:

I JUST WANT TO START BY SAYING THAT AS A AFRICAN AMERICAN WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER. I HAVE SEEN SO MUCH GO ON IN CORPOATE AMERICA AND FRANKLY I’M SICK OF IT. YOU HAVE PEOPLE WHO HUNT ANIMALS FOR FUN AND OTHERS WHO WATCH BULL FIGHTS AND PLACE BETS AND NEITHER THE ORGANIZATIONS OR PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THESE ACTIVITIES RECEIVE ANY PUBLICITY. SINCE THESE PETA PEOPLE ARE SO INTO ANIMALS STOP BULLFIGHTING AND HUNTING AND BEING ABLE TO TAKE FISH OUT OF THERE HABITAT AND EAT. SEE THINGS LIKE THIS GO UNRECOGNIZED. WHY? BECAUSE THE PEOPLE HAT DO THESE THINGS AAREN’T SIGNING 130 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT THEY DONT CARE. MICHEAL VICK IS AN OUTSTANDING ATHLETE WHO IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST PAID IN NFL AND THESE DEVILISH PEOPLE IN AMERICA CAN’T DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT A BLACK MALE IS RICH AND HE’S RICH THE LEGAL WAY. WE ALL FEEL BAD FOR THESE ANIMALS BUT IF WE FEEL THAT BAD FEEL BAD FOR ALL ANIMALS NOT JUST DOGS THAT IRONICALLY WERE BEING ABUSED BY A BLACK MAN.

• BHM says:

All of the dogs deserve a chance at retraining by experts who work with former tortured fighting pitbulls. It is expensive but according to the plea the sadist Vick will have to pay all expenses for the dogs.THEY are the only ones who merit a second chance. Quit mouthing the Marbury rubbishwhich is an apology for the criminaland stick to the subject the innocent pit bulls need to be saved.

• Eden Courtney says:

I would like to address the issue of comparing dogfighting to hunting. I personally would never go hunting but there is no comparison. Dogs forced into fighting to the death never experience even one moment of joy in their lives from the moment of conception via “rape rooms” to the horrific “training” that begins when they are puppies and horrible deaths if they are not vicious enough to be killers to the life of a fighting dog being “pitted” time and again and forced to tear another dog to pieces many times a process that may take hours and if the dogs tire and don’t want to continue the are forced with electric shock to continue until one dog is dead. Dogs do not normally kill each other even in fights over territory. The “winners” of these fights are wounded sometimes mortally and wind up dying anyway. How can you compare hunting to this? Hunters pride themselves on a “clean kill” causing as little suffering as possible. Michael Vick and others who glamorize this vile practice are sadistic sociopaths and incidentally there is no “Sadistic Sociopaths” 30day rehab programs. These people have borderline personality disorders who do not get better they just get worse. If Vick and others do not think they are being treated fairly well they chose to commit these vile acts against helpless innocent animals they deserve no mercy they gave no mercy.

• kim says:

Andrea Look up friends for life. They are willing to take these dogs and give them a chance at normal life. They attack other animals not humans so put in the right situation they can be saved. Its just easier and cheaper to put them down its all about money. Peta does not want to spend their millions on useless dogs. RIGHT PETA Peta is also against hunting when for the most part not that i would ever be able to kill an animal they think it is ok to put these and other dogs down but isn’t hunting mostly used for food and keeping the population down so the animals don’t starve or get hit by cars. Tell me what is the difference. Things need to be done for the right reasons and as humanely as possible but when an organization is willing to help. LET THEM

• Ed says:

While I will not dispute any of the agruments made above about why these dogs should be euthanized I respecfully disagree. They are individuals and must be treated as individuals. I can think of and have written elsewhere about 14 reasons why they should be spared especially since Vick will have to pay for their longterm casre money that would otherwise have been spent on diamond earrings fine wool suits fancy cars and the like. Whatever pleasant lives these dogs will have however solitary they may be will be better than death. So for the first time since I have supported PETA in more than 20 years I disagree with their conclusion although I respect their reasoning. If we cannot find a soltuion for this problem how can we even think about finding solutions for the much tougher problems regarding animals that lie ahead of us or are here already.

• Maureen says:

The sacrifice of any healthy animal should always be the last resort. These dogs are a special case because their owner has said that he is sorry and now wants to prove it. That being the case Mr. Vick has enough money to build specific kennels for their comfort and employ a professional responsible person who can actually deal with dogs that have been trained for fighting and cares enough to look after them. I bet there is someone out there who would be more than willing to take this job on.If Mr. Vick is truly sorry for what he did to these animals surely this would be a step in the right direction. These dogs have suffered enough and do not deserve to die. Maybe this could be the start of a new chapter in Mr. Vicks life as well!

• marie oneal says:

I say Neuter Mike Vick so he wont breed any more ignorance into this world

• Brenda says:

I think that the “Vick dogs” should be turned over to the USHS Best Friends organizations and be checked by their team of behavioral evaluators which both organizations are trying to accomplish at this timeBy the time they are if ever ready to be adopted or fostered they will not be done so with the “Vick” name attached to them so for PETA to say they will be stolen or sensationalized being “Vick dogs” is ridiculous. I always told people that they were off the mark when saying PETA was for the killing of Pit Bulls these dogs deserve a chance to show they are still loving creatures and should be treated as such. I also would like to add that big deal if Vicks reps had him say that dog fighting was terrible and told young kids not to do what he did the only reason he said those things is because he got caught!

• Carolyn Barnes says:

I still believe with alot of time and patience that these dogs can overcome their problems. We all know how PETA wants all pit bulls DEAD!! They constantly remind us of that fact but just consider for one moment if you were one of these dogs and weren’t even given the chance to change and just put to sleep. How would that would make you feel? Like again no one cared? I say we stop the “not caring” and start CARING! It won’t be an overnight change but I have to believe that there are more caring and PATIENT people out there willing to help. I do beleive in alot that PETA does for animals but there notion that all pit bulls should just be terminated is extremely outrageous especially from an organization who claims to love all animals so much.

• brandon gaymon says:

I am currently eating a bacon cheeseburger a side order of nuggets and I’m wearing a fur coat. Bless America!

• kim says:

Don’t worry Peta you don’t have to spend the millions of dollars you make on these dogs or any other dogs let friends for life save them. You just won’t get the recognition or donations for itthey will. I understand that this is a business that you have and you don’t want anyone getting in your way. What is the difference between you and Vick JUST KILL THEM WHEN THEY DON’T MEET YOUR STANDARDS

• Paul Calpin says:

Unfortunately this tact while seeming to be the most humane is in effect the easy wasy out. Since it is not our place to kill ANY of God’s creatures we cannot then turn around and do it because we feel there is no other alternative. God made us stewards of his creations that means we must protect those creatures from harm AND we must do all that we can to help these dogs as well. That means we are all tasked by God to give these animals HOPE HAPPINESS and LIFE. Yes they do not belong in cages but they CAN have happy lives…it just takes a little effort. After all it is what all animals want…life. They simply want to survive and be happy. IF…making them happy is a difficult task…….so be it!!!!!! Paul

• anti-sean says:

Excellent point. I absolutely despise knowing that these dogs will die but know that if they don’t die it will simply be another. You’re spoton saying that euthanasia is not a choice of “if” but rather “which.” I would like to add that it’s also simply a matter of “where.” Even if a “nokill” or turnaway shelter opens up it will simply fill it’s cages and only take “healthy adoptable animals.” A trained fighting dog is not adoptable most nokill shelters would turn these dogs away and make some other shelter do the dirty work while they feign having moral high ground. Thanks for discussing the issue of euthanasia so succinctly and directly!

• Andrea says:

I agree. Its sad to have to euthanize these dogs but what kind of life do they have to look forward to in cages and segregation??

• BullyDawg says:

Bravo Jack…thanks for explaining this sensitive issue so eloquently!

• allahgehovah jones says:

I think you animal rights people are full of crap. First yes what vick did was wrong but what about these white men that hunt and guess what they are not eating what they kill or horse racing the way they beat the hell out of the horse to entertain people and i could go on and on you people are full of crap you just need vick to make a name for you because nobody gave a damn before this. Tell you what if you attack the president or vice president or congress for hunting i will believe you people care as of right now i think you are a joke that needed someone famous for people to know and care who you are

• keith says:

These dogs must be saved as testimony to Vicks barbaric behaviour. and to show the World At Large Humanity still has a place in this Wretched Universe.

• Charlene says:

I feel so bad for all of his dogs. They have known only toment their whole lives. If there were a way to save them without putting other animals and people in danger I would be the first to say. But that is not possible. I do believe that because of his part in this so called “sport” Michael Vick should also be charged and charged hard in the death of these poor dogs after being put to sleep.