A Monkey and a Pigeon Walk Into a Bar . . .

Written by PETA | September 25, 2007

I know, I know. I just used an almost identical subject line last week in the “Shoplifting Seagull” entry, but I couldn’t resist. Just like I couldn’t resist sharing this amazing story about a pigeon who befriended an injured baby monkey at an animal sanctuary in China. Check it out here.

Comments

• Mars says:

“Have YOU ever had anything original informative or decent to say in these PETA files other than mocking wellmeaning others?! ” That’s the pot calling the kettle black.LOL “GO find a lake and jump in it!” Find?! I have one as my backyard and I jump in it daily. I fish in it as well.

• 007 says:

mars oh pleeeeeeaase nothing!!! Have YOU ever had anything original informative or decent to say in these PETA files other than mocking wellmeaning others?! Doesn’t appear you did do or will. GO find a lake and jump in it!

• Mars says:

“Take it from the animal kingdom we can all live in peace and harmony!! ” Oh pleeeaaase! One incidence now makes all animals nice and friendly.Go take a hike and find a mountain lion to hug.

• Veronica Soto says:

It’s good the monkey has someone to keep herhim company. This is my new screen saver. Thanks for posting it!

• Steve says:

When I first saw this pic I thought it was Photoshopped it’s such a wonderful concept! As someone said elsewhere this is a message for the world. Now if we can just live in such harmony that chimps can frollick in the jungle and doves can fly free with no need for sanctuaries!

• Carla says:

Take it from the animal kingdom we can all live in peace and harmony!! Funny I thought the same Stacy P.

• Stacy P says:

China actually has animal sanctuaries????

• Andy says:

Stories like this one just brighten my day!! How incredibly sweet!! Amazing that animals can look past their differences and become so close yet we as humans are still struggling to do that!!

• Ana says:

That’s one cute pic!

• Judith, Freedom Fighter says:

This is amazing. When I went on PETA’s site that I believe was to do with Animals playing. I was so touched when I looked at all of the pictures that I now have this one as my screen saver. Pictures like this tell such a story.