Has the Money Honey Gone Morally Bankrupt?

Written by PETA | August 10, 2007

Ick Magazine/Creative Commons
Maria_Bartiromo.jpg

Our Communications department has eyes and ears all over the media in New York and LA, so they find out about lots of animal’ey stories long before they run. And this week, they got wind of a More magazine photo shoot featuring CNBC anchor Maria Bartiromo, aka the “Money Honey”, in a fox fur trimmed coat.

Bartiromo is quoted as saying “Chic, sexy clothes are the real me . . . The coat is spectacular; the fur cuffs give it just the right amount of glamour.” But when Page 6 asked about it, her rep insisted that despite the More article, the newswoman doesn’t approve of fur, doesn’t own any, and that wearing the coat for the shoot was a “mistake.” Yes it was.

We’re getting in touch to clarify Bartiromo’s position, and I’ll let you know what we find out.

Comments

• Anonymous JCP employee says:

Hi KellyIt is definitely fakeI parted the “fur” hairs all the way down to the base of the fabric and saw a nylon mesh base not skin. I checked one of each style. I am waiting for some kind of statement from HQ though. That would be nice.

• kelly says:

J C Penney was the company who had employees using Sharpies to marker off the “real fur” labels last year They were falsely selling real fur as fake fur I hope this stuff is getting tested

• Anonymous JCP employee says:

This woman is a disgrace but I just wanted to let Peta People know something is going on this year at JCPenney. All of the coats that have come into the stores so far this season are trimmed in faux furno real fur in sight yet. Maybe someone learned a valuable lesson after selling dog coats to the public last year???

• observer says:

anonymous what the hell are you talking about.

• Anonymous says:

Bill Maher says “To those people who say My father is alive because of animal experimentation’ I say Yeah well good for you. This dog died so your father could live.’ Sorry but I am just not behind that kind of trade off.” He is praised as being a great and compassionate person but Maria Bartiromo wears a freaken fur coat and she’s the devil. Seems MORALLY wrong to me.

• stoptorture says:

I just sent the following to CNBC to attempt to impress on them how she is affecting their image and representing them. Maybe if others do that she will get heat from them and choose to come out against fur. Hi. Here is how CNBC a supposedly reputable respectable news agency is represented by Maria Bartiromo Chic sexy clothes are the real me . . . The coat is spectacular the fur cuffs give it just the right amount of glamour. Innocent animals are SKINNED ALIVE for fur and are often still alive 5 to 10 minutes after they are skinned. They are TORTURED to death. Others are hanged with wires or anally electrocuted. They are transported in crates and thrown off the tops of truck shattering their limbs. Millions of these victims are types of dogs and cats and rabbits even species that people use as pets. Other victims spend days in traps with steel teeth dug into their bones. Fur is extreme torture. Fur is horrible murder. Your woman’s sick awful vanity and cruelty are an outrage. Maybe she also enjoys dog fighting? No wonder the news never comes out against such unimaginable tortures as fur because the news people themselves are biased depraved and heartless and agree with such horrors themselves! What a sick person! I will never watch her again! That is not the type of person that should be part of your company. That is how she represents you with depravity and callous awful cruelty to poor animals and many people have noticed because it is showing up around the internet. She has seriously harmed your image with her barbaric sick vanity and cruel heart towards animals that are tortured to death even SKINNED ALIVE for her depraved “fashion”!

• Big G says:

The “Mo Ho” should be protested at her workplace since that is the news media! She could be called a “Vick Chick” because she has the same cruelty to animals as the news has talked about with dog fighting. Maybe the “Mo Ho” didn’t know her other option was to go naked? Ick I’m gonna barf. Maybe she didn’t know that her victims are so naked they don’t have SKIN because they were SKINNED ALIVE? A protest at her work place would cause media attention by various news agencies. There could be big pictures of her face next to tortured animals skinned alive for fur and her sick quotes of vanity next to facts about how the animals are still alive after they are skinned or how they are anally electrocuted. Because people like her run the media that is why the media does not report on the holocaust. The media is biased and approves of most animal tortures. Yes if Peta protested her at her work place that could help.

• Susannah says:

I am not familiar with the “Money Honey” but I think the name says it all… Kudos to Martha Stewart though for that video! If more people like Martha Stewart spoke out people with real influence in the world of style and fashion the fur trade would end!

• Anna says:

Fur has always been out of fashion to me. I would rather freeze to death than wear fur.

• rolliesmom says:

just in the title alone the answer is “yes” i’m from minneapolis and our bridge just collapsed. in my opinion as good as people can become good other people can get worse. much worse. without compasion. that is indeed a world which believes it owns itself and that there is no other authority like Humanity or God or Compassion. i can tell you that some people are in it for money for some it’s a game and for the rest it is to make life better for someone or something. these are our primary motivators.

• Ana says:

I will be emailing MORE magazine about their latest display of stupidity and lack of compassion. It won’t be the first time I have written to them about how promoting fur is both cruel and morally irresponsible of the magazine. Shameful!!!

• Herecomedajudge says:

That’ll be the day when you can clarify anything thru Mr. Bartiromo

• Herecomedajudge says:

In order for someone to care about other living things they cannot be greedy selfishsneaky and dishonest. The person your referring to is exactly that.

• Steve says:

Was the Money Honey ever NOT morally bankrupt?

• Brianna Fritchey says:

I’m getting so tired of people trying to say that fur is coming back into fashion. With tempuratures rising like they are now eventually people will realize how completely absurd it is to wear fur. I mean draping yourself in death… they want to call that fashion?!?

• keith says:

Ms. Bartiromo should be ashamed to show such Vanity and ” No Soul ” by the wearing of any Animal Derived Fashion Wear especially Fur !! Long Live PETA and all the Exposure Given to any Abusive Action towards All Animal Life.