Mommy Kills Animals, Take 2

Written by PETA | June 20, 2007

OK, so a few days ago, I posted this little entry about a video for a song called Mommy Kills Animals. I thought that was going to be the end of it, until I started hearing from my colleagues about a certain “lack of enthusiasm” they had detected in that particular post. Apparently, the music video has made an impression so deep on the employees of this Virginia office that they are willing to turn on their humble blog-writing coworker with an almost insane fury when he fails to recognize its full brilliance. Truth be told, this thing kind of freaked me out, but I wouldn’t be doing my duty as a blogger if I didn’t give the people what they want—so here it is again. Brace yourselves.

For anyone who’s not familiar with the title, by the way, Mommy Kills Animals refers to one of PETA’s more inspired anti-fur pamphlets, also posted here for your viewing pleasure. I don’t anticipate any controversy with this one.

Your_Mommy_Kills_Animals_1.jpg Your_Mommy_Kills_Animals_2.jpg

And in other completely (and I mean completely) unrelated news, there’s this federal bill up for a vote right now that is about to seriously jeopardize some turtles. If you could take a moment to help by clicking here, I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Sonia says:

Reading some of these posts it seems that people have the wrong idea. It says that this refers to the Peta antifur pamphlet not that it is one of Peta’s campaigns. So it isn’t Peta that has used the fword. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

• Kim says:

Loved it. My children know not to dare bring any fur into my house. Animals are to be loved and taken care of NOT to be murdered!!! What gives any human the right to kill a helpless animal? They should serve the same amount of jail time as if they killed another human.

• hayley says:

yup people who wear fur are scummy n id love to skin them see how they like it! just to be worn as a fashion item. the F word is to mild for the advert id personaly use the c word

• Melissa Moore says:

I hate people who wear fur!! No one is pretty enough to wear animal fur except the animal itself. It’s really ugly when an old azz lady wears a fur and she thinks she is flashy. They should be glad they are just being called the Fword. I pray the people actually skinning the animals realize the sick and unGODly act they are doing and stop it and help to prevent it. or we could give evil a taste of it’s own medicine.

• santiago says:

I loe animals and won’ tolerate abuse. Humans natural rights are way above anmimals natural rights. This campaign made me loose all respect for PETA or animal rights activism. A single family’s value is way greater than all the animals in all the world. This campaign goes against families. It is completely negative.

• Shane says:

This is just one more example of how PETA does more harm than good and actually I think hurts animals with their ridiculous PR stunts. As an activist I think this organization needs a serious overhaul in terms of their outreach. Not only is this campaign in horrible taste but it will do nothing but turn the public against those of us trying to help animals and fight the fur industry. First of all this pamphlet would be highly upsetting to a young child and secondly it is not accurate. While you are complicit in cruelty and death when you buy fur you are NOT doing the killing yourself. It doesnt make it right but there is a distinction. Think about it how much worse would this world be if everyone who ate meat and wore fur actually WAS capable of doing the killing themselves. The fact that most people can’t do it and dont want to see how it’s done is actually a tiny ray of hope that all is not lost for humanity. More and more I look at PETAs campaigns and cringe. The quilt for fish is another example they are just asking for criticism from those who will argue that they are belittling the quilt concept started by AIDS activists. Sigh when will they ever learn? Why can’t PETA take some of those millions and hire a good ad agency to develop campaigns that are hard hitting without seeming crazy offensive and misguided? Animals would greatly benefit. For example how about a huge billboard in times square with that iconic image of the man standing on the fox’s throat with the line from the song Karmastition “It’s called Karma baby and it goes around” Don’t by fur. See not that hard to come up with outreach ideas that won’t get you accused of harming kids.

• Collette Novak says:

It is what is deal wthe words Motherfucking the animals deal wa hell of alot more you fucking pansy bitches!

• elgin lee baker says:

AND OH MY THE F WORD …….WHO CARES …….CHILDREN KNOW WHAT THE F WORD IS BY 6 AND IF YOUR CHILD HAS ACCESS TO A TV OR A COMPUTER AT THAT AGE YOU PROBABLY ARE A RATHER BAD PARENT ….PEOPLE THAT ARE CONCERNED WITH THEIR CHILDREN HEARING THE F WORD SHOULD ALSO BE CONCERNED WITH THE POSSIBLE DAMAGE CAUSED BY ELECTRIC MEDIA …..AT AGES UNDER 8 I THINK…….ITS CAMP AND I LOVE IT ………

• elgin lee baker says:

I LOVE THIS ………..

• Anonymous says:

DUMBEST SHIT EVER.

• Hannah says:

Mommies who wear fur deserve to be called the fword.

• Heidi says:

Hate it lost me after calling mommy the fword. Could have been done differently.

• CareBare says:

Call me a prude but “Mother fucking” animals???? Is that really necessary??? I liked the concept but wow those profanities are just too much.

• Emily says:

I know PETA means well and I know this campaign will make the kids believe it. But it would turn children against their mothers its making mothers sound like psychotic murderers. I’m FOR the campaign but I know it’ll spark alot of tension in society.

• Karla says:

I think it’s a cute campaign and it’s true if a person wears fur they’ve killed an animal whether figuratively or literally. They didn’t need to use the f word to get their point across however.

• Laura says:

really awful campaign are we trying to promote hatred here???

• R. Lloyd says:

Cheesy and campy helps nobody’s cause.

• Mary says:

I participated in this campaign and for the first time in 5 years of protesting fur we actually got media coverage. Unless the message is shocking we are ignored. The news media was disappointed that we weren’t really handing these to children adults only but responded with a !gasp! fair story about our cause.

• CupcakeMagee says:

Worst. Campaign. Ever.

• Judith, Freedom Fighter says:

I would always love my mom. But I would no longer have any respect for her.. Judith

• Mackenzie says:

What? Its WORSE! It still bashes kids mom. Its nice that it awares kids but it still calls their mom a bad name. I’m still sure kids would still love their mom even though she wears fur. Anyone agree?

• Michael says:

I love this tune and I’m a classic rock bluesrock kind of guy. Infectious beat great lyrics wellthought out and they even rhyme wicked bass line camp posturingit ain’t faux.

• Cuckoo4tofu says:

I’m looking forward to the movie. I bought “Behind the Mask” a few months ago and loved it so I was excited when I heard of the new documentary surrounding the controversy of animal rights entitled after PETA’s controversial but brilliant antifur campaign “Your Mommy Kills Animals” which according to AOL’s Moviefone is due to be released on July 20th.