Meet Fall Out Boy and Cobra Starship

Written by PETA | August 9, 2007

Andy Hurley and Gabe Saporta are in a couple of bands called Fall Out Boy and Cobra Starship that have enjoyed a degree of success. Like, the #1 on the Billboard charts kind of success—which is why it was very kind of them indeed to remember their old friends (those hopelessly trendy Rebels With a Cause over at peta2) and do this interview about what got them into animal rights. This is the first in a series in which Gabe and Andy discuss animal issues with each other, and I can’t wait for the next ones to come out. These guys are both articulate, thoughtful spokesmen for animal rights, and it’s awesome to see them take time to reach out to their millions of fans about veganism.

Comments

• Charlie says:

I love both these bands !! there both my favorite right now and im so glad that gabe and andy are vegitarian it makes me like them even more

• debo says:

i just want to let everyone know that michael vick is a great human being and you all should be ashamed of yourselves

• rolliegirl says:

hey everyone just discovered there is a blog many in fact. cool!

• Aleasha says:

This guy is a great role model. Fall Out Boy is the best band ever! The video made me smile.

• diamond girl says:

GABE is my model. I am verry proud that he is vegetarian because I admir to much COBRA STARSHIP and FALL OUT BOY LOVE GABE AND ANDY

• Niki says:

This video made me smile! I love Gabe and Andy I got to meet Gabe last time I saw Cobra Starship. I think its wonderful that these two took time from their busy lives to speak out against animal cruelty! Yay! Go Fall Out Boy and Cobra Starship!

• emo girl says:

hey whats up? this is the first time ive left a coment before anyway i just wanted to say that FALL OUT BOY is the best band EVER!!!!!!!! GO FALL OUT BOY!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!! bye.

• Maya says:

Great role model this guy. I was also 15 when I went vegetarian and it was in fact because of a singer who I admired. Good for him. I do have one slight objection to what he said about not caring about his health. Yeah I know. The guy’s young most young people aren’t exactly studying nutrition in their spare time. But women especially can become anemic. For some people iron calcium etc supplements don’t have perfect bioavailabiltiy. This sounds trivial but people can develop heart disease at a very young age because of this. I back up vegetarianism 100 percent but people should know not just about nutrients but also about bioavailabilty and absorption issues. Everyone’s different. I never learned about this stuff until I was in vet tech school. So even if you don’t do it for yourself do it for you pets. With the food recalls it’s more imporant than ever to understand the truth about nutrition.