March Madness: The Nightmare Continues

Written by PETA | April 8, 2008

We’re almost there, folks. If it’s any consolation, this is just as unpleasant for me as it is for you, but we’ve started this thing, so we need to finish it. Last night, Kansas won a stunner in overtime to take the NCAA basketball title, but our parallel tournament to find the college with the most horrific animal experimentation program has just one last round before we can recognize the winner and go home in disgust. They’ve been through a lot to get here, overcoming an unbelievably tough field of cat killers, monkey maimers, and bunny butchers to reach the finals of this notorious event, so hold your noses and steel yourself for one last dance with the March Mad Scientists … ladies and gentlemen, you voted to see them here; now let’s crown our champion:

MSU vs. Duke

MSU.edu/Creative Commons
Arthur_Weber_2.jpg

Arthur Weber, Michigan State

Arthur Weber and the MSU team have been trouncing the competition so far, and last week’s blowout of Alan Schatzberg and the underperforming Stanford brain butchers (with a score of 12 votes to 0!) has effectively silenced the doubters. Weber’s spent 25 years torturing cats by removing their eyes while they’re still alive, and given MSU’s manhandling of the Stanford team last week, anyone going up against Weber and the Michigan state vivisectors should know that, like the cats who go under Weber’s knife, they’re in for a world of pain. Leave a comment below to vote for Arthur Weber and MSU to win it all.

Physorg/Creative Commons
Michael_Platt.jpg

Michael Platt, Duke

Like MSU, Michael Platt’s Duke team held their opponents scoreless in last week’s semifinal, and their 4-0 victory was more than enough to earn them a place here on the big stage. Platt brings a one-two punch to the fray that’s going to be tough to defend against—his two-pronged approach to vivisecting involves drilling metal screws into monkeys’ skulls and implanting wire coils under their eyelids. Will Platt’s technical expertise with the brain screws be enough to get him past this final hurdle? Only you can decide. Leave a comment below to vote for Michael Platt and the Duke Devils to bring home the title.

Happy voting, and be sure to tune in next week when we crown the winner and take a nostalgic walk back through some of the tournament’s highlights and disappointments.

Comments

• J. says:

Humane treatment is applicable to humans as well no matter what they have done no matter if you agree with what they have done or not. You lower yourself by being so vengeful and malicious.

• Lindsey says:

Platt. Duke are devils after all. both are extreme acts of cruelty thats why it’s important to stand up for these animals bc we can’t possibly feel the pain that they have been made to suffer. both of these men will get thiers karma is a bitch and she will ensnare.

• keith says:

” Thank you Ana.” for the thought provoking comment. Its always nice to hear anothers view for sure it does cheer the soul with all the distressing animal abuse in this world.

• Lisa Marie says:

I really can’t understand how such people live with themselves after spending their lives torturing others. Karma will get them…what comes around goes around and when their days are over and they are burning in hell from their actions I hope they know why they are there.

• lisa mencotti says:

I always root for the underdog ie MSU now it looks like I am going to be forced to root for other MI team. WAYNE STATE!

• Judith, Freedom Fighter for Animals says:

Ana I know this sounds terrible to other people but I would love to be involved in taking out this bastard eyes. You Keith and myself as the Doctors. This is just crushing. It’s horrible. Thank you for your kindness Keith. The world is a better place because you and Ana are in it! Peace!!!

• Ana says:

Judith and keith These barbarians are sick perverted and sadistic. They are the educated ones??? This is science???? Weber the bastard gets my vote. I really hope what goes around comes around.

• Stephanie says:

i vote weber. that sick bastard. but i’m not at all pleased with platt either.

• Aisha says:

Both are horrible beyond words. What is wrong with people?!?! I vote for Weber but both are sickening and deserve to have the same experiments performed on them.

• terry fiske says:

I call it a tie! They are equally disgusting and should be persecuted. I can’t believe anyone would do these things especially if they are religious!

• keith says:

Judith Freedom Fighter for Animals. Thank you for advising me of the ALF site. You always come up trumps. if there is a God may he Bless You.

• Judith, Freedom Fighter for Animals says:

Keith Just go on ALF’S website. They have a magazine called “Bite Back” and it’s great. You can find out all the wonderful things they have done monthly. Peace!

• Marianne Christensen says:

I vote for the bastard Duke. But they are both equally disgusting and horrible in the way they treat the poor animals.

• pam says:

although both are absolutley horrible I would have to say MSU is the worst!

• Sal says:

Both are really sick!!!!

• Georgia says:

to what end are these animals tortured? Science? Give me a break. How dumb are these so called “EDUCATED.”

• Amy says:

I personally believe God has a special “Hell” for people who abuse animals children and the elderly. When I look at these losers their eyes have no soul of worth. Toss them both. Weber should have his own place in hell for torturing cats like that.

• cj says:

weber. It really scares me that we live in a world with people like this.how does he sleep at night??? I wonder if he honestly thinks that what he is doing is ok?

• Vicky says:

Both these twisted unfeeling sickos should visit the one in the White House. Then they’d be the three stooges. Since I can’t vote for both Duke.

• Mike says:

gotta go with duke on this one to me platt’s MO just seems a bit worse

• Layla says:

Hell holds a special place open for both of them.

• Animalcrazy says:

i vote for both but if i have to choose i pick Weber

• r says:

they are all sadistic torturers who shud be in HELL

• Jennifer Alvarez says:

Both are sick bastards and I wish that all of those involved in harming innocent creatures would undergo the same torture that these poor defenseless animals have gone through…while they’re families watch. It may sound a bit morbid but what never ceases to amaze me is that so many human beings such as these sickos have NO regard or respect for these live creatures that have feelings thoughts etc. I would like to vote for both of these pervs to win the creep award!

• Marisa Hughes says:

Cutting out the eyes or just sticking metal behind them… tough choice. But I’ll have to say Platt at Duke…. horrifying.

• Pamela L. says:

All of these barbarian experimentors are equallyvile disgusting piles of dung! In the end I am voting for Arthur Weber Mighigan State

• keith says:

I wonder what the ALF. think about these shithouses.and if any actions are taken against them. We will never know though !

• Dr. Michael J. Lynch says:

Duke Platt. In theory its a more prestigious school attracting the best and brightest students and faculty from across hte nation. If this is what the best and brightest do there’s little hope for everyone else.

• Michael says:

Can some one do us a favour and kill these people in the way they kill animals . Then maybe they can have some experiments done on them in the name of science of coarse !!!! Hopefully others who do these things will learn that animals are not ment nor alive for humans to treat them like a child would treat a toy they are board with .These universities need to be brought into the open on a more grander scale .

• lynda downie says:

I’m stickin’ with Platt at Duke.

• Lori from Arizona says:

I truly think that people that enjoy hurting animals have a demonic side to them. I have always loved animals and any abuse breaks my heart. To all God’s creatures who can’t speak for themselves thank you for PETA!!!

• Emily Mckenna says:

If I could I would kill both of them right now with my bare hands. but I vote for duke.

• Lori from Arizona says:

Subhuman people are cruel to animals.

• vegancoin says:

i hang my head in shame once again embarrassed that i am a member of the human race. i hang my head in disgust it’s hard to believe that any individual can be so depraved and cruel to think that these actions are acceptable. These are some seriously sick and sadistic individuals the level of depravity here is shocking.

• Heidi says:

I vote for Weber the shame of my alma mater.

• wil says:

as an MSU alum.. I have to go with Weber

• Mariya Williamson says:

Arthur Weber and MSU

• Fawn says:

Weber the Wanker!

• Arizona says:

UGHHHH!!!!!! ME SO ANGRY ! WHAT IS WRONG W THESE PPL! look at those nasties.. I dont know how those animals still stay alive!!! They are so strong! I dont know who is the bigger loser…

• Mike Quinoa says:

Always a tough choiceboth disgust me but Weber by a small margin.

• HannaBanana says:

I vote for both!!! ….if I have to choose…I vote for Duke.

• amber says:

I would like to see the kitty killer Arthur Weber win it all although Michael Platt is horrible too.

• Ginger says:

Duke. Argh so gross.

• Ana says:

Weber the bastard.

• Maureen says:

I had to toss a coin to choose between these two sickos..Arthur Weber.

• Rex's Mom says:

Like I said in another note whatever these sadists do to animals should be done to them! They are both horrible cruel sadistic insane so called humans. But I have to vote for the cat mutilator but the monkey mutilator is just as bad.

• Maya, CVT says:

Weber.

• karla says:

I’d like to drill a hole in both of those bastards heads while they lay there in pain. Those sick men deserve a life of pain suffering so they can see how they like it. Maybe have someone rip their eyes out too just incase they thought it doesnt hurt they should have it done to them to see for themselves. Sick people in this world I just dont understand what is wrong with people!

• Jaclyn says:

Both are disgusting. I can’t believe people actually do these things to animals. MSU is disgusting.

• Judith, Freedom Fighter for Animals says:

Jack My vote is for the kitty murderer Arthur Weber The little bastard. My husband also votes for the kitty killer Arthur Weber the nasty little bastard. Peace!