Khloe Kardashian: ‘Keeping Up’ With Fur-Free Fabulosity

Written by PETA | March 23, 2009
realitytvmagazine / CC
Khloe Kardashian

Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Celebrity Apprentice star Khloe Kardashian brought in some reality-TV gold last night. Not only did she manage to escape getting fired in Trump’s board room for the fourth week in a row, she also, on her popular E! series, brought some much needed attention to animals raised for fur.

I’m sure you all remember Khloe’s sexy ad, which we unveiled not too long ago. Well, on Keeping Up last night, she really went above and beyond by showing—on national television—the gruesome and heartbreaking video footage that caused her to go fur-free. Hopefully, many of the millions of people watching were touched and inspired to make the same compassionate choice. After seeing a fully conscious animal having his or her skin ripped off, it’s hard to sport that fur coat.

On the show, Khloe admitted that she had a hard time stripping down for the ad because of insecurity about her body. When you’re tall and curvy and from a family full of petite models, that’s definitely understandable. But lucky for us, animals, and the rest of the world, she laid her insecurities to rest and rocked the you-know-what out of the shoot. She summed it up best at the end of the episode when she said of the shoot, “It really helped me be comfortable in my own skin. In turn, I really hope this helps animals keep their skin.”

Written by Christine Doré

Comments

• Gaurav says:

i think what khloe did in the show with peta makes me think that she is the most beautiful person as appearance as well well as from inside too. I respect her alot for doing this and actuallu according to me she is one of the most beautiful sexy and strong personality person in the show. Khloe u r beautiful.

• michelle says:

i love khloe and for the ppl that call her fat and ugly well she s not..

• paola says:

Kloe you are beautiful. And my hubby says you have an amazing body. He is a butt man.

• danielle says:

i saw that episode on tv i think its really good wat ppl r starting to do cuz these animals dont diserve this

• PAVLINA PALMER says:

WOW KHLOE IS SOOO BEAUTIFUL I DONT LIKE THE IDEA THAT SHE THINKS SHES UGLY… KHLOE YOUR SOO PRETTY AND U HAVE A NICE FIGURE SO SHUTUP D YOUR A VERY LUCKY GIRL DONT EVVVEEERRRRR LET PEOPLE PUT YOU DOWN OKAYYY? GUESS WHAT PEOPLE THAT JUST SAY THINGS ARE JEALOUS OF YOU IM 15 AND IVE LEARNED THAT A LONG TIME AGO…. JUST SMILE AND SAY “OK THATS YOUR OPION” I THINK THAT YOUR SISTERS ARE PRETTY ASWELL BUT YOUR THE BEAUTIFULIST OUT OF THEM SO STANDUP TALL AND HAVE PRIDE IN YOURSELF. YOUR BEAUTIFUL THE WAY YOU ARE …… KHLOE ISSSSSSS BEEEAAAUUUUTTTTIIIIIIFFFUUUULLLLLL SMILEZZZZDDDDD PLS IF U HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE YOULL BE HAPPY YOUR NOT FKING FAT SO GET OVER IT GODD DAMNIT JESUS YOUR FKING LUCKY K UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE KIDS IN THE WORLD STARVING AND THEY DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT THE LOOK LIKE. THEY JUST CARE ABOUT GETTING FOOD. IVE NOTICED THAT PEOPLE WHO HAVE LESS ARE THE HAPPIEST MAYBE YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON HOW YOU CAN BE A BETTER PERSON AND HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD… I THINK YOUR A WONDERFUL PERSON SO CHILL AND BE HAPPY WITH WHO YOUARE3 SMILLEEEEE YOUR NOT A FAT A GORILLA LIKE BCHES MIGHT THINK U ARE.

• simara says:

and this woman you had be a spokesperson for anti fur than went out and rented a baby chimp for a “prank” on her mother. I really wish your organization would have standards for who you ask to do campaigns and be the faces of PETA.So often I see you using some one who goes completely against animal lib in one or many other areas.There are vegans you know you don’t have to use people just because they are famous.

• Elizabeth A Howland says:

So what does PETA think about the upcoming episode of Keeping….Kardashians May 10 2009 wherein Khloe and the girls BUY their mother a chimp as a family pet? I was completely disgusted when I saw the previews but hey that’s just me.

• Arturo says:

i love PETA3

• ALEXIS says:

I lUv KhLoE! wHeN sHe DiD tHe PeTa ShE WaS So bRaVe At fIrSt sHe DiDn’T wAnT 2 dO It bUt ShE DiD kHlOe iS Mi hErO

• Brandi says:

Watching all these videos and photos taken of animals be completely tortured is just heartbreaking! I think Khloe did an outstanding thing. She is beautiful inside and out. I am so glad that she did this campaign.