Did Johnny Depp Go Vegan for the Big 5-0?
The rumor mill is buzzing with reports that Johnny Depp, who just celebrated his 50th birthday, has gone vegan. The famously private star hasn’t confirmed or denied the news, but a source says that Johnny is “raving about losing his paunch.”
- In other celebrity news: Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are learning quite a bit from their adopted chickens. “They’re very social animals,” Jennifer said, “and they like it when you visit them with a cup of coffee in your hand. According to my groundskeeper, they love pasta.”
- Perez Hilton reports that Nina Dobrev is feeling healthy and happy because of yoga and eating “mostly vegan food.”
- Yoga trainer to the stars Rainbeau Mars created a lot of Internet buzz when she invited her wedding guests to participate in a three-week vegan cleanse before the big day. Rainbeau took to The Huffington Post to let people know that the idea was merely a suggestion for her guests but that she hopes they, too, will discover the physical and mental health benefits of vegan eating.
- Dancing With the Stars pro Kym Johnson unveiled her new PETA Australia ad in her native Sydney, Australia. The ballroom beauty struck a pose with a handsome hare to encourage people to choose bunny-friendly cosmetics.
- When Wendy Williams dropped by Ellen DeGeneres’ show, Ellen showed Wendy’s recent nude PETA ad and the gals gabbed about the things they’re both doing to help animals. Meanwhile, Ellen’s “official underwear model,” Mike Wolfanger, was busy rescuing a turtle from the middle of a crowded road and posting a charming Instagram photo of the rescue:
And elsewhere on the Web, celebs were tweeting about animal rights:
To keep up with what all your favorite stars are doing for animals, follow @PETA on Twitter.