Jessica Biel Enters the Blogosphere

Written by PETA | July 1, 2008

evilbeetgossip / CC
jessica_biel.jpg

I have a confession to make: I’m a huge fan of Jessica Biel, and way back in the day, I never missed an episode of 7th Heaven. And c’mon, her role in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was down-right terrifying.

So it was great to read on People.com this morning that the actress and producer is jumping headfirst into the blogging world. And by headfirst, I mean straight into the deep end of animals rights. Hey, we like a girl who gets right down to business!

She mentions her love for her dogs, nonprofit organizations, and Hole in the Paper Sky, a recent short film about the life of a man who is forever changed by the companionship he receives from a laboratory dog. Whether you’ve seen PETA’s video about animal testing or not, Hole in the Paper Sky sounds like a definite tearjerker.

Anyway, Biel is MySpace Celebrity’s feature icon, and here’s her blog. So while she’s mastering the whole blog-lingo thing, I recommend jumping on over there to see what she has to say.

And don’t worry, Jessica. There are no blurkers here. …

Posted by Jennifer Cierlitsky

Comments

• Chris says:

LOL sorry already married

• Tabitha says:

Chris will you marry me? Or adopt me? Or even move next door to me?

• Chris says:

It’s actually a Doctorate in Veterinary medicine. And it’s obvious that you aren’t very intelligent if you go and make assumptions about people like you do. just because you don’t eat meat doesn’t mean you aren’t being cruel to animals. when you turned on your computer did you think about the animals natural habitats that were destroyed to provide you with power. what about poisoning the fish every time you flush the toilet or the rain forests in South America that were Clear cut to grow soy that you vegetarians praise so much have you even been to a slaughterhouse? 99 of them are not like the videos you see here. oh and vegans for animals Gorilla’s canines are for meat they will eat meat in captivity ever think they are too ppr a hunter having evolved to use tools but haven’t evolved enough yet to use them to hunt? chimpanzees will kill and eat smaller monkeys and really enjoy doing so. Maybe you people should go out and see things for yourself instead of believing everything you read so you can make educated decisions based on fact instead of believing the propaganda.

• Aleksandra says:

Chris my dear you’re not very intelligent. “If you’re unsure if you are supposed to eat meat or not it’s really simple gotta look at your teeth.” You may have something with the whole teeth theory but I’m still willing to bet that you are a proud holder of a high school diploma maybe even a GED certificate. If we all raised fed and cared for our animals before humanely killing them maybe the issue of animal suffering and abuse wouldn’t be an issue however that’s not the case. If you know anything about factory farming and how the animals are treated you might feel differently. Regardless of the notion that humans are meant to eat meat because of our canines what feed animals have to endure is still cruel and wrong and you know it. Or at least you should. And the canines that your dog and cat and other animals have are there for tearing and killing animals. Do you hunt your own dinners or do you have mom cook it for you and serve it to you cut up in bitesized pieces? Get over your selfish human ideals.

• Gina says:

Since I became a vegetarian it’s hard for me to understand these people who go back to eating meat. Yes I do it because of cruelty first but second I don’t miss it at all the sight of any meat trimmed in fat with more fat dripping from it disgusts me. Have they seen the undercover footage of the HSUS downed crippled cows illegally slaughtered sold to about 38 US public schools? After watching how the sick cows were not only slaughtered but abused by employees kicked pushed dragged into the slaughter line because they were unable to stand up that did it for me. I was a semivegetarian now I’m 100 sure I will never touch beef chicken fish any flesh of another animal again. Or dairy products after seeing how they treat chickens laying eggs of course KFC’s brutal debeaking. I think it’s hypocritical to speak out against cruelty if you are inadvertently practicing it.

• vegan4animals says:

Um HELLO. Gorillas have massive canine teeth larger than a wolf. Their jaws are 10 times stronger than a puny human jaw and they are strict foliovores…yes that means that this powerful ape eats only vegetation gets all protein from vegetation. BTW a male gorilla weighs 300 lbs. and he is pure muscle and 10 times stronger than a garbagecorpse eating human. Gorilla will not get heart disease or cancer like a human will. Humans eat corpses and other garbage and get diseases. So enjoy your heart attack when it comes.

• Chris says:

Exploitation exists in more that the meat industry we do the same thing to humans in 3rd world countries in sweat shops and the slave trade it all comes down to greed of humans but it’s not only humans that abuse i’ve seen a horse kill another horse by kicking her in the leg over and over till it was broken and then some we had to put the horse down.

• teresa says:

…sure in a perfect world before man maniplated the environment and changed the way farmed animals were meant to interact with each other fine i’d eat meat but since we have corrupted the way we gain our meat for consumption forced confinement unnatural lighting to force hens to lay eggs isolation from the farmed animals fellow beings not being able to nurture or behave in natural animal mannerisms..filth boredom fear and worse yet rampant and documented man to animal abuse that occurs on factory farms…so in that sense I dont think we were meant to eat meat unless your conscience says that the above conditions are ok for you..what it takes to get your meat and eggs. While i dont agree with hunting..one quick shot is a heck of lot less suffering than the long suffering lives of the farm animal.

• Chris says:

Well if you are unsure if you are supposed to eat meat or not it’s really simple gotta look at your teeth. My horse has no canines in his mouth which means he is supposed to eat only plants my cats don’t have molars so they are supposed to eat only meat i have both canines and molars so i’m supposed to eat a plant diet supplemented with meat. There is nothing wrong with eating meat animals in the wild suffer a lot more when they are killed for meat not that I want animals to suffer we could do a lot more to kill them more humanely for food. and very little of the animal goes to waste the hides make clothing the meat feeds me the organs feed my cats the bones get ground up and used so the animal does a lot for us so you have to respect them

• Abigail says:

I’ve heard of several former vegs going back to meat. They tell me that they miss meat they don’t enjoy their veg diets they don’t see any real change through them not eating meat and they don’t think that eating meat is going to add to the amount of animal suffering already happening. Of course if a million people go veg it makes a perceptible difference but it’s hard for one person to feel that he or she is actually accomplishing anything. Apparently quite a few people feel that if they aren’t really accomplishing anything they shouldn’t deprive themselves while not enjoying what they feel forced to eat. I don’t see it that way but many do.

• Jennifer says:

I don’t understand how one can go from being a vegetarian back to eating flesh?? This is the second time I’ve heard that this week.

• Tabitha says:

According to recent articles she’s a FORMER vegetarian who now eats meat.

• radness-4-u says:

Yeah I agree.

• Anna says:

Is she a vegetarian? I didn’t think she was..

• Judith says:

This is really wonderful. She is a lovely lady. Now if she could only talk her boyfriend into changing his steak and fried chicken restaurant into a Vegetarian restaurant that would be perfect! But you are still wonderful Jessica. You rule! Peace for all animals!

• John Carmody says:

Can someone tell me is she a vegetarian? Please email me if so thanks ! John arancampaignseircom.net