Hungry Motorists Drive by–Not Through–Golden Arches

Written by PETA | June 22, 2009

Members of the lunch crowd at a McDonald’s in Providence, Rhode Island, probably weren’t expecting to be greeted by a giant “chicken” bearing “Unhappy Meals” when they headed out on their lunch breaks. But hardly anyone could resist the lure of our chicken, and word is that almost every driver stopped to talk with the big bird and his posse. Many people even went elsewhere for lunch once they learned how countless chickens are forced to suffer painful broken bones, bruises, and scalding—while they’re still alive—at slaughterhouses run by McDonald’s suppliers.

None of this chicken’s relatives were harmed in the making of our “Unhappy Meals.”
Unhappy Meal
It’s hard to tell by her shocked face if she’s opening one of our “Unhappy Meals” or a far more gruesome McNugget box.
Unhappy Meal
I’m not sure what a “Brownie Meit” is, but I’m sticking with Allison’s Gourmet’s vegan Brownie of the Month, regardless.
Unhappy Meal

Demonstrators are revved up to distribute leaflets all summer long. Get in on the action and help bring McDonald’s to its knees. Sign up for our Action Team today!

Written by Karin Bennett

Comments

• Rahul says:

Cool thing to do. I haven’t seen it and I don’t even think I can. Let people know what McDonald’s really does!

• Lauren Raulstone says:

Well done to the protesters who took time out of their days to help chickens which don’t have the voices to help themselves! I honestly wish there were Peta protests or ANYTHING in my country South Africaas I am an avid animal lover and have taken part in some local protests but nothing on the same scale as Peta’s protests! Is there ANY way I can actively work with Peta on my side of the world?

• Rick Boucher says:

I was at the providence protest. In 1 hr we turned away 3 dozen cars. Many people from Firefighters to bus drivers the Mcdonald workers even a meter maid honked wavied in support of us. just the senior manager was unhappy to see us. Even took cell phone video. I just kept waving smiling at him. I hope to do it again. Thanks to the 12 people who showed up.

• Shawna Flavell says:

Daniel You should join our Action Team. We’ll keep you informed of demos that are taking place in your area and you can come out and help httpwww.peta.orgactioncenteractivistnetwork.asp.

• daniel says:

i want to go there and protest!

• kris shulfer says:

i love the protesters mcdonalds! always do! someday people will get it!! i did!!

• Shawna Flavell says:

Major James Ward III Thanks for your comment. We will be responding to it via email shortly.