Human Battery Cage

Written by PETA | May 19, 2007

Thanks to James over at The Daily Veg for sending in these pics. For more information about what hens have to go through so that people can have eggs for breakfast, click here. Human_battery_cage.jpgHuman_battery_cage_2.jpgHuman_battery_cage_3.jpg

Comments

• Jennifer says:

Though I agree that some animals are born in horrible conditions being cruel to animals is wrong and industrial farming is digusting animals are in no way more important than human beings. The human babies you all seem to be so comfortable with slaughtering have the chance of growing to become animal rights activists themselves. Also my baby is only eight weeks in utero right now but I heard it’s tiny heart beat two weeks ago. It also has little nerve endings and can feel. Just like a tiny unborn animal in its mothers womb. I believe Devin said you all worry about things that are out of thier mother. How absurd! Does that mean as long as you dont injure the mother you care not what happens to the unborn animal fetus? How disgusting! Would you give your dog cytotoxic drugs when she was pregnant? Animal rights activism is not selective. It is about protecting all animal life human and nonhuman in everyway and in every stage of life.

• Meech! says:

When my mother gave birth she wasn’t squashed in a cage with her head against wire mesh breathing in the stinking fumes of her own excrement and that of a thousand other mothers.

• Chris says:

This one I just don’t understand. To say that “Animals were here before humans”? I hate to break it to you but we are all animals. And to say a baby doesn’t know it is alive? Well did you know you were alive when you were 12 years old? Would it be no less disgusting to slaughter a 6 month old who “doesnt know he is alive”? I have yet to see any documentation that a chicken is any more self aware than an infant or an unborn child.

• Chaz says:

Why would you post something about human abortion here? Ridiculous. Animals were here a long time before us I don’t know what makes us so high and mighty. If we are leaders than none of this should be happening to animals. There would be wwIII if animals caged hmans. People can go help themselves animals are helpless.

• Canaduck says:

InnaI am consistent. I believe that when abortion is necessary it’s necessary and that goes for fetal humans AND fetal animals. No prejudices here.

• Devin says:

maybe we dont worry about abortion here. we are animal lovers that are conserned about things that are actually out of their mothers and they are able to function and they know what is happening to them. When you are able to get an abortion the baby is not even aware that it is alive.

• Jack says:

Hey Inna it shouldn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why PETA doesn’t take a stance one way or another on the abortion issue. It’s because we’re an animal rights organization. Why don’t you go protest a breast cancer charity for not doing enough to fight poverty in Africa? Or how about picketing an antiwar group for failing to tackle homelessness?

• inna kasperovich says:

isn’t it funny how consumed PETA is for the welfare of chickens than it is consern about baby humans. I am talking about abortion here. All I am saying is that all creature deserve equality in protecting their lives. Is a babies lives worth less than an baby whales??

• Maya says:

My back hurts just looking at these guys. I hope their discomfort frees the chickens! Good work.

• doug says:

I have to get going on talking to people about eggs. Why is it we eat eggs again? Ill give anyone an amazing scrambled tofu recipe!!!

• Drew says:

I’m one of the coordinators of the Human Battery Cage project in Australia we’re touring for six months sitting in oversized battery hen cages in public places all over the country. If you’re interested in some more information about what we’re doing visit http://www.humanbatterycage.com. We’re also contempating touring countries other than Australia.

• Evelyn Hoffman says:

My compliments you do a great job here!