Help is on the Way, Atlanta!

Written by PETA | September 30, 2008

You know that we at PETA love to help out whenever we can, so when we heard about the extreme gas shortage plaguing the Southern states, we deployed our elite gasoline response team: the fabulous Lettuce Ladies. We’ve had these eye-catching demos before with great response (and even a hugely successful gas giveaway contest), but now, with so many gas stations running out of gas, the ladies are needed more than ever!

The Ladies have been touring the country wearing their signature lettuce-leaf bikinis. They’ve been giving away Tofurkey brand vegan sandwiches and free gasoline to anyone who would give it a try—all to call attention to the fact that factory farming causes more greenhouse-gas emissions than all the cars, trucks, trains, and planes combined. In fact, eating a single pound of meat is the environmental equivalent of driving 40 miles in an SUV!

So while drivers in Atlanta waited in those long lines to fill up their tanks, our Lettuce Ladies gave them vegan sandwiches to fill up on, too—and hey, who can argue with free sandwiches, right?

Lettuce Ladies

Lettuce Ladies

Lettuce Ladies

Written by Amanda Schinke

Comments

• potatohead says:

Good oldfashioned bribery…………… I like it! In addition to the many wonderful new ideas brought to you by the goodhearted people of PETA.

• Daryl says:

HOW CUTE! HEY I KEEP ASKING HOW I CAN GET ONE OF THOSE LETTUCE LADIES?

• Allie says:

That is absolutely adorable!!! I love it! Way to go PETA

• Tom says:

I’m curious about how the Lettuce Ladies get around the country. I would imagine that either they are using up a major amount of gas in a car possibly more than one vehicle if they have others traveling with them such as a photographer or manager or they are using up fuel in an airplane. Either way they are contributing to the problem just like the celebs who preach about car pooling and using fewer natural resources but who take private jets to New York and Europe on a regular basis and own more than one large home to heat cool and fuel.

• Maya, CVT says:

King global warming is caused by pollution so if we stop polluting we may be able to stop global warming altoghther. Sadly PETA is giving donor’s money to the gas industry so even if they convert some people to vegetarianism they will still contribute to global warming by giving away gas.

• King of Fiji says:

I’m really confused. If everyone pollutes less then won’t global warming just be delayed? I mean yeah I’ll go vegeterian if it means more scantily clad ladies in lettuce but I mean won’t global warming still end up killing us all if everyone pollutes less? Its not like everyone will stop polluting to the point that there is no footprints left on the planet.

• SASHA says:

HOW CUTE! HEY I KEEP ASKING HOW I CAN GET ONE OF THOSE LETTUCE OUTFITS?