Happy Canada Day

Written by PETA | July 2, 2007

Sorry Canadians. I know I’m a day late on this one, but hopefully you’ll forgive me since I’m bringing you this amazing shot of PETA activists Lucas Soloway and Andree Silcok, after they snuck into Montreal’s Canada Day Parade yesterday. They look like they’re having a blast, and check out the people in the crowd; they can’t take their eyes off of them. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I think the guy talking to them is asking if there is room inside the banner for him too . . .

canada_day.jpg
AP PHOTO/Peter McCabe, CP

The coolest thing about this picture is that despite not having permission beforehand, the two were allowed to complete the whole parade, reminding thousands of Canadians that it’s time to stop the cruel seal hunt.

Way to go Lucas and Andree!

Comments

• kris shulfer says:

FABULOUS!!!! the seal hunt is one of the saddest times of the world!! I am particularly glad those sealers got trapped this year!! karma does wonders !! thanks to everyone who does there part and pays it forward to educate someone else!! you are all wonderful!! hopefully the seal slaughter will come to a end very soon!!

• STEVE says:

MIKE YES THIS BLOG ALLOWS MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH SOMETIMES BUT HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE VIOLENT HARRASSEMENT CAMPAIGNS THAT PETA AND OTHER ANIMAL RIGHTS GROUPS BLANKET INDIVIDUALS GROUPS AND BUSINESSES THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE HOLLIER THAN MIGHTY PETA AGENDA…. AND OF COURSE ALF VIOLENCE IS A FANTASY RIGHT….

• doug says:

I stayed with these two for the next few days and believe me they ROCK!!!!! two of thebest activists ever!

• Mike says:

Steve if PETA didn’t believe in freedom of speech your post wouldn’t be here.

• Lucas Solowey says:

hey Jack! thanks so much for posting this! haha it was such an exciting day!! I had come up with the idea literally 34 days before! and the amazing people at PETA rushed the banner to me within 24hrs! I called a bunch of reporters called my friend and asked her if she wanted to strip down with me infront of hundreds of thousands of people watching a canada day parade…without hesitation she said…”sure..anything to save the seals”…before we knew it we were sneaking past security…walking from the sidelines into the middle of montreals busiest street and waving to sooo many people. cameras were clicking and people stared at us..some making comments..others giving us the thumbs up! it was great! can’t wait to do more protests! for the seals Lucas Solowey Montreal. p.s for more pictures of this event check out http://www.myspace.comxurbanveganx

• Mike says:

Hey Steve PETA gave you freedom of speech didn’t they?

• Maureen says:

Freedom of choice is something animals most certainly do not have. Thank God for organizations like PETA who give voice to these beings.

• Kelley says:

Very cool organizersthey must be secret sympathizers or maybe they just realize how much money that stupid hunt really costs Canada every year and have had enough.

• STEVE says:

YOU’RE RIGHT THE COOLEST THING ABOUT THIS THAT THE PARADE ORGANIZERS UNLIKE PETA BELIEVE IN FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND FREEDOM OF CHOICE…..

• Natalie says:

I so wish i could have seen that Parade Nothing ever happens in Mississauga Ontario!

• The Don says:

I like this ad with Canada’s bloody flag in evidence!

• Brianna Fritchey says:

That’s really wonderful news!

• kelly says:

I’m really impressed by the parade people who let them complete the parade It is nice to know that people care