‘Glee’ Star Speaks Up for Horses

Written by PETA | September 15, 2009

I’m predicting that Fox’s new musical comedy, Glee, will be this fall’s breakout hit (sorry, Ashlee).

Certainly the show’s beautiful and brainy star Lea Michele, who has drawn rave reviews for her various Broadway performances, has hit a high note with us.

Lea_Michele_Spring_Awakening.jpg

Lea joined Chrissie Hynde, Pink, Pamela Anderson, Alec Baldwin, Rue McClanahan, and other notables who “don’t stop believin’” that the cruel and dangerous buggy biz needs to be done away with.

I’ll be parked on my La-Z-Boy on Wednesday nights to catch Glee. Do you plan to tune in?

Written by Karin Bennett

Comments

• Kat says:

Yes!!! Carriage rides need to stop! They are so cruel, especially what they have to endure after they are done working. Cramped stalls, little food and water and let’s not forget the most important… NO FRESH AIR!!!

• Rev. Meg Schramm says:

Stick to the issues related to animals Edward. That is what this forum is about. Whether or not I have children is none of your business.

• Edward says:

I really hope that you don’t have children Reverand. That’s all I can say. And carla don’t get so defensive since this was me questioning the Reverand in an issues not related to animals.

• Rev. Meg Schramm says:

I say it like this Edward I saw stupid kids petting and spooking an animal they knew nothing about and I saw their parents allowing them to do so and rather than allow an accident to happen I said something to the coach driver and the parents. As a reverend I prefer to preside at marriages and baby dedications not children’s funerals.

• carla says:

Yes Edward. Stupid kids petting the horsey and their even dumber than dumb ass parents. You go Meg!!!!

• Olivia says:

Woohoo I love Lea all of you ‘Glee’ fans check her out in Spring Awakening she was the origional Wendla on Broadway…correction…The BEST wendela Shes a talented singer Im glad shes getting praise and using her new status to help the animals thoes horses go through so much

• Brien Comerford says:

I notice Chrissie Hynde is on the horses side of this issue. She is peerless in reference to her incessant and admirable animal rights activism.

• Edward says:

…stupid kids insisting on petting the horsey. Posted by REV. Meg Schramm How can a reverend even say something like that?

• Canaduck says:

So cool! I already love Glee but now I love it way more.

• andy says:

I LOVE GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

• Rev. Meg Schramm says:

Time and Date July 2009 on a Sunday 11OO A.M. Location The parking lot of Tom’s Farms Riverside Ca. Outside Temperature Triple digits. In other words stinking hot. What was happening Horse drawn carriage rides!! Horse dealing with heat traffic from cars vans motorcycles especially loud ones such as Harleys pedestrians and bicycles and stupid kids insisting on petting the horsey. Me Being asked to leave because I was loudly protesting this atrocity. It’s bad enough they have a horse drawn hayride going in the heat at least that horse is away from vehicular traffic but the coach in the parking lot was a real hazard for all concerned.