Foot-and-Mouth Demo in the UK

Written by PETA | August 10, 2007

Since the latest outbreak of foot and mouth disease is such a hot topic of conversation in the UK right now, PETA Europe held this fantastic demonstration in London yesterday pointing out all of the deadly diseases caused by factory farming, and less than subtly pointed out the easiest fix for all of them: going vegetarian. Great job guys!

Foot_and_Mouth.jpg

Comments

• stasya berber says:

Neeraj what?

• Neeraj Soman says:

Life is Precious! Don’t eat plants!! Especially roots Eating roots kills plants and certainly NOT fruit! How would YOU like it if somebody came by and ripped away YOUR means of reproduction ensuring that there is no further propagation of your genes?? PS Eating DDT and other pesticides could kill you if you live in AsiaAfrica. This seems something exclusively for rich privileged countries…

• Debbie says:

Hello at the end of the day there is actually no point in eating meat when there are so many more options nowadays. This should be enough to show people to go vegetarian.

• kelly says:

How many horrific diseases does meat eating cause? Just saw a mention in the paper yesterday of Cleft Palate believed to be much more prevalent among babies of mothers who eat a lot of meat When will we learn?

• Daryl says:

Damn! I was free yesterday and I live near London I would have gone along! Please announce any more things like this beforehand! Or maybe I’m just looking in the wrong places…? GO VEG!

• Anna says:

Maureen You are so right!

• Maureen says:

What a powerful message this picture sends life is precious to every living thing.

• Takis Parmenidis says:

THIS GREAT AD ROCKS! Looking at this picture I feel a cold shower running down my back! While feasting on dead corpses FATHER DEATH is counting the hours. I just ad my voice to PETA Europe GO VEG!

• KathyF says:

I was wondering what PETA’s response would be. What floored me was listening to a farmer almost in tears describing how devastated he was in 2001 when he helped a lamb be born knowing it would be killed later that afternoon. Like he didn’t know what the final outcome for his lambs was in the normal course of events!