Colonel Sanders Fricassee in Memphis

Written by PETA | March 27, 2007

My friend Lindsay, who’s on tour at the moment exposing some of the sordid truths about KFC, just sent me some pics of a little street theater she did in Memphis to turn the tables on Colonel Sanders. Lindsay is actually extremely good at just explaining the issue to people when the subject of KFC comes up, but if the opportunity arises, she likes to get downright elaborate. Check it:

Memphis.jpg

Comments

• Lindsay says:

This was such a fun protest. The managers were very unhappy we were there but people going by loved it. We got out tons of Pam vs. KFC DVDs and antiKFC leaflets!

• Nancy says:

Sorry if this is a duplicate post but it seems the first try didn’t go through. Bloody brilliant Lindsey! I must say that though I’ve been a vegetarian for over 15 years for much of that time I felt that PETA’s approach was counterproductive… that the campaigns were so shocking they made animal rights activists look like extremists in the eyes of the average American. But as story after horrific story continued to pour in about the sheer hell that animals go through so that we who deem ourselves somehow more worthy can live in comfort it eventually hit me… The truth IS shocking. The cruelty IS extreme. So it seems only logical to respond in kind. And those who recoil in horror have at least been forced to acknowledge the brutality behind the McNugget. And the fur. And the cosmetics. And the pet food… So once again kudos to Lindsey and all the other PETA campaigners who stick their necks out on behalf of animals who don’t have a choice in the matter. Thank you for never backing down. You make me proud to be a PETA member.

• Larry says:

I think its brilliant I would love to be apart of a wonderful protest like this one.

• Nancy says:

Sorry for the typo… I meant Lindsay not Lindsey. Though I’m sure Lindsey is brilliant in her own right… the Heimlich maneuvering dog certainly was!

• lindsey says:

I know PETA gives awards to humans who do great things for animals but what about animals that do great things for humans……. EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK OUT THIS STORY. Jack maybe you could make a blog about it! httpwww.foxnews.comstory0293326170200.html

• Nancy says: