Church Fundraises by Tormenting Pigs (Video)

Written by Jennifer O'Connor | August 14, 2014

Pigs screamed in terror as they were clamped into headlocks, tackled, and dragged at the St. Patrick Parish‘s fundraiser near Stephensville, Wisconsin, last weekend. Watch the chilling video footage:

Despite being bombarded with appeals to cancel the cruel event from tens of thousands of people all over the country, parish officials threw kindness and compassion to the wind.

The pigs were so exhausted and stressed that they gasped for breath, and they struggled to make it back to the holding pens (where an eyewitness reported that the pigs had little or no potable water, food, or access to shelter from the scorching sun all day).

One pig’s head was pushed into the mud. Another frantic pig tried in vain to escape as five men closed in, and another limped after having been dropped. After the event, pigs’ backs were scratched, undoubtedly from the fingernails of people who had desperately tried to grab hold of them.

The pigs’ reward for their “participation” was to be shipped off to a painful and terrifying death the next day.

What You Can Do

If you learn that animals are to be used in cruel spectacles, voice your objections to organizers immediately and contact PETA for help.

Comments

• Liza Cheuvront says:

This is terrible, the poor pig was terrified!

• Diane says:

These people should be cited and fined and jailed for animal cruelty.
    Is that being done? Please tell me yes.

• Jacquie says:

I have not seen a more disgusting spectacle. Sponsored by a CHURCH??? These are the same people who show up in church on Sunday/

• Please lets send a letter to this cruel church!!! Thanks

• nancy wood says:

THIS is a church of god? Really? Not my god. If you have to have these “EVENTS” to get donations, get a job. You are not a church, and you are not a pastor. Disgusting.

• Judy Hayden says:

Where in the bible did it say- hurt an animal for fun and make money for your church. I am so angry right now.

• Alissa says:

My heart breaks for these animals; I cannot stop shedding tears on their behalf (and I haven’t even pressed play to the video yet). The evil of humans to conduct and promote their mistreatment is beyond appalling. May this church pay for their sins.

• Jane Hurley says:

God himself breathed life into these pigs and all creatures

• donna says:

And they call themselves Christians??? Where is the ASPCA on this issue.

• Madeleine Jooste says:

Disgusting! Can’t believe that people can be so inhuman!

• lisa says:

What is a matter with these monsters chasing innocent animals!! This is not a sport!! There putting so much fear into these pigs!! How would they like to see one of there own suffering gasping for air fighting to get free!!! How dare these idiots put fear in the innocent!! For is the justice what kind of justice will these monsters get!!

• CJ Hall says:

Do unto others clearly doesn’t apply to all of gods creatures to these barbarians. Nice look for the church there.

• Bonnie says:

This is a Churches idea of a fundraiser and FUN? I always thought that one of the responsibilities God gave us was to be the trustees over this world and everything he put here. This is cruelty to a helpless animal that can’t defend itself. Words that come to my mind are Hypocrites and Ignorant Bullies!!

• PMac says:

For a church to engage in such inhumane actions clearly suggests the reason society is such disarray. All this for money make the church go broke and make the participants be treated just like these innocent pigs. KARMA

• Dr Cynthia Young says:

Stop tormenting animals in the name of the Church. They are not put on earth to be our slaves. How would you like to be treated like this. What do you think God thinks of this behaviour.?

• Anna Granda says:

When the hell are people going to realize animals are living things that feel fear and pain! So sad. I believe someone who is cruel to animals is not a humane being!!!

• Jan Snedegar says:

Horrific. This video makes me embarrassed and ashamed to call myself a Christian. So sad to see “Christians” behaving in a cruel and inhumane manner, all for the sake of money. How can they be so callous to defenseless animals suffering and think Christ would be pleased or even indifferent to this brutal event. My heart breaks for those brutalized pigs who have no choice as they try to escape in terror the torment of this abuse…but there is no escape to this nightmare.

• Roly Antonio says:

To date, St. Patrick Parish in Stephensville and its Parish Priest have been silent. As of Aug 11, it was reported that the Church has no plans to cancel next year’s Pig Wresting’ event. What kind of Priest condones animal torture and suffering?

• sam mcdermott says:

This is horrible – not very churchly of them!! I will be emailing this church immeditately

• Stephanie DeRamus says:

This is certainly NOT God like! I’m disgusted at video. This church will be hearing from me.

• Janet Rose says:

THIS IS TRUELY a Sick & Inhumaine thing I’m seeing.. AND to See Its Comming from a CHURCH… How WICKED & Sinnfull.. I as a Bible Believing Penticostal Christian Can Say Im Truely Ashammed & Saddened to See.. so Called Believers Doing THIS EVIL Thing.. Im Sorry but THEY Are Not Believers & They Are ..to me… NO-Christians.. Because Anyone Who Says They Go to Church & Believes In Christ Jesus… Knows … Jesus WAS Kind & LOVING & Tender To ALL Creatures… NEVER THIS… God Help Them & Do Yr.Will To Punish ALL Involved With This……. xoxox 0:((( ::: God Bless You Folks… *PETA* J.R.

• Kyila says:

Okay, this is disgusting and cruel…and they are a CHURCH?????

• steve stone says:

the pig wrassle is disgusting… i am curious if anyone contacted the church pastor to discuss the event and how the animals were treated all day. I would suppose since the drunken fools, the parishioners of the church, in the pen were probably off for beer and hog jiles after so it would not make a difference what was said to anyone.

• Judy says:

R u kidding me? This is a fundraiser by a Church? A church of the Black mass? this is sickening….if these kids treat animals like this….how do they treat people? Where are the parents? drunk? on drugs? Cuz no decent parent would allow this.

• rebecca turpeinen says:

They have a website where you can write them e-mails…. just saying :)

• Nancy Paskowitz says:

I continue to be shocked and amazed at how cruel and inhumane the “human” race can be. Please make public the “church officials” that put on this horrific spectacle. What can I do to help stop this action?

• Bridget says:

I live in Wisconsin, outside of Milwaukee, and this was a big controversy. It’s disgusting and unbelievably cruel, but they would not give in and cancel it. Shame on the priest, and shame on the people, although they are probably such hicks in that area they don’t care.

• Vera says:

Stupid is as stupid does … sure looks like some good christian fun … who is their god? It’s certainly not mine.

• Beth says:

It’s a church and the announcer asked one of the participant how much beer have you had???? WTF???

• Ralston Gracie says:

Adults who act like totuous children should pay heavily for this kind of misconduct. Videos released like this should be probable eveidense for their violation. This anual event should be outlawed or fined to raise help in preventing such animal cruelty from happening. Pigs are more like humans than almost any other animal. They need a social hierarchy, space and positive contact with others. Not to mention their organs can even be used for human transplants, with flesh very similar to us humans. I think if this was a person in a pig suit it would react exactly the same. Protests should at least be the minimal support held at such repetative events. If people get together they can prevent malicious behavior with persistence. So lets make an effort!

• SAVAS OVADIAS says:

THIS BRUTALITY OF THE PEOPLE IS UNBELIEVABLE.AND THEY WANT TO BE CALLED PEOPLE OF CHURCH???SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE THERE.ACTION AND NOT ONLY WORDS OF” I AM SORRY”

• So you pretend to be a Christian entity? Do you think Chrsit would approve of this type of activity??? Looks more like your souls belong to the Devil. Can’t imagine any “Church” doing something so inhumane in the name of charity.

• Alison says:

If they’re trying to portray themselves as a parody of backwards ignorant good old church-going country folk then, congratulations, they’ve excelled themselves. Just one of those pigs has more intellect that all the people taking part in this have between them.

• Sarah Vo says:

Just pure cruelty! These kind of events should be ILLEGAL and must be stop now! How would you like to have 5 men tackle you, jump on you, and drown you in mud for amusement?

• Pieri says:

c’est abominable!!! Quelle honte!

• karen nellis says:

This sickens me to see know that a church of God would entertain a cruel activity. They have no compassion.

• Rosemary Barnett says:

That infuriates me. I can not bear to watch the pigs tormenting and suffering. I don’t understand why some thoughless and rough men as they make fun of them. That is unacceptable. Ban game for pigs for good.

• Liz Abrahams says:

That poor pig was so terrified and traumatized in that ordeal, from his point of view he just has all these humans dashing at him, screaming and grabbing him,He’s slipping and sliding and being dragged and tossed all over the place with no one to help…..there’s a reason God mad animals scared and to run away from humans.And these are people of the church that are suppose
    to love and nurture all living things.What message are they giving their children, no wonder half of them grow up to be cruel and sadistic.

• Rosemarie Squillace says:

I just can’t believe my eyes! That’s terrible! Please do something to stop this.

• David says:

Christ is looking on with tears in his eyes to see those who are doing condoning this brutality in his Name. What a shame!

• june says:

and you call yourselves Christian!!!!!!!!!!! shame on you for being so ungodly and selfish, open your hearts and wallets….donate the needed money yourselves. Another thing you can do if only you would not be so selfish is why are you not going in the ring and mud? Others are known to do this, why couldn’t you?

• patricia says:

A bunch of heathens..mid age torture y….how can we get this to stop.?

• Patty says:

How sad to watch this and know that there are people like this everywhere? How does someone get to be so cruel? Disgusting !

• Linda Gartland says:

Well, well fancy nice kind churchy folk involved in animal cruelty. It seems there is a lot of it involved with so called religious festivals. These people would probably not even pee on you if you were on fire!!!! I am not saying all believers are cruel, I am just saying there does seem to be a lot of religion and cruelty intertwined. The poor souls didn’t even get a happy ending only a terrifying death. RIP piggies xx

• Marissa says:

Atrocious and unacceptable behavior towards loving, innocent animals !!!

• Jess hammell says:

“Church” does not discuss tormenting animals. I’m sure they are protected because it’s considered a religious ritual. They should be ashamed of themselves for doing this!!!!

• Sonya Rodrigues says:

Awesome to hear that a church is doing this to raise money. Really, is this how a church treats God’s creatures? By tormenting them. I am appalled by this behavior and would think that a place that preaches of mercy and love would not once consider this. What the hell happened to bake sales and car washes for fundraisers? I know karma and/or God will punish all involved and spectating. Disgusting! You make me sick!

• Paula Reinkensmeyer says:

I cannot believe the stupidity of some people!! And you call yourselves Christians!! Hey about a good ole fashioned cake walk, bingo or a festival to raise money or a dunking machine. We raise money at our church too, but do not use animals. Our festival always brings in alot of money. Maybe give this a try instead of abusing animals for money and enjoyment!! Now there’s a thought.

• Jean Becker says:

Shame on St. Patrick’s parish. I wouldn’t step foot in this church as what they have done is against all that we as good Christians believe in. How the head of that parish can hold his head up and look folks in the eye is beyond me. And, how he can stand up on the pulpit and preach the word of God after allowing the torture of those poor animals is beyond me.
    Shame on all the parishioners who participated and condoned this awful act.
    Karma is a great thing and I hope they rue the day they allowed this to happen.