Christina Ricci Loses Her Biggest Fan

Written by PETA | December 15, 2006
Christina Ricci in a reindeer.jpg

After reading about Christina Ricci’s continued refusal to stop wearing dead animals (including, for God’s sake, reindeer), Dodger, the owner of Ricci’s biggest fansite, replaced all of the site’s information about her—including more than 900 photos—with PETA anti-fur ads and the following inscription:

Offline due to fur usage
Well, that’s it. I’ve had this Christina Ricci fan page for almost 8 years (since january 1999), but I recently found out Christina doesn’t appear to have a problem wearing fur. Well, I do. I also have a problem with people who wear fur. Conclusion: I have a problem with Christina. And now that problem is solved, because I don’t have a website about her anymore, so I no longer have anything to do with her.

When E! Online‘s gossip columnist heard about the story, he immediately contacted Ricci’s publicist, who was evidently all dismissive and uppity about it … until she found out that Dodger’s page is the second thing that comes up on Google and a bunch of other search engines if you search for Christina Ricci. You can read E!‘s take on the story here, and check out Dodger’s powerful message to Christina here.

Comments

• Alexa says:

someone must be pretty sick and twisted to think that fur is fine

• Cathy says:

Mean people wear fur. I actually had a friend who said “I didn’t skin ‘em.” I promptly informed her that her buying and wearing fur is condoning this cruel practice. For all of you who think we are crazy maybe you should watch one of the many videos available online. I just saw them skin a racoon while alive. The poor thing was whimpering as he lie there dying an angonizing death. Just for some “human” to look good. It’s disgusting.

• thepangolin says:

yeah i mean if i want to lock my kid in the basement it’s MY CHOICE no matter if it’s cruel. personal choices are fine until they harm others. people should not wear fur bottom line.

• simone says:

Some of you people are absolutely pathetic. If someone wants to wear fur that is their choice. I’m not up for people wearing fur but how dare you surpress your beliefs on someone else. To carry on say that she needs help and she is disturbed get a life! Get a real job.

• Peter says:

I to am against animal cruelty and am dissapointed in seeing my favourite actress wearing fur but im not about to force my views and beliefs onto other people. I have been a fan of Christina’s for years and will remain to be no matter what she decides to wear.

• Jessy Smith says:

httpwww.eonline.comgossipplanetgossipblogindex.jsp?uuidb9c83436cb104330bd1cf73fda81d055 True?

• Laura says:

Christina needs to sort her life out

• Brenda says:

Well here is another heartless broad who needs to know what it is like to be skinned alive. These snobs are really pissing me off.

• Stephanie says:

I can’t believe this…Her biggest fan has shut down a HUGE website on her because of her disgusting “fashion” and she still doesn’t understand that what she is doing is wrong? It’s the holidays time for joy and happines and she’s wearing REINDEER? For Christ’s sake! “Merry Christmas don’t you just LOVE this coat? It’s slaughtered reindeer how festive!” That’s disgusting.

• gino says:

from looking at this picture i am frozen this is so horrible. she needs to be told to stop this. but at the same time it would be very important to tell the film makers to stop using fur in movies. i think many actors are confused by the fact that in films fur is still ‘ok’ but in their private life they have to put it off. this is a paradox which has to be clarified. for example new movies like ‘narnia’ and ‘beowulf and grendel’ are sporting tooooo much fur! even if tilda swinten sported fur for to play a mean character in the film she should have chosen a faux fur because wearing a real one she is ‘funding’ unwillingly fur industry!