You Choose the Next PETA Billboard

Written by PETA | September 2, 2009

Everyone seemed to have something to say about our recent billboards in Jacksonville, Florida. Some people loved one or both, while others loathed the first and were bored by the second. But regardless of where you stood, please help us decide what billboard should go up next.

We’ve narrowed the options down to four billboards that make the point that a vegetarian diet is brain food. First, read this and then please vote for your favorite billboard, invent your own, or heck, even tell us not to run any of them. It’s in your hands.

Billboard 1

Billboard 2

Billboard 3

Billboard 4

A recent article in New Scientist reveals that researchers at the University of California in Los Angeles have discovered that as people age, the bigger their body mass, on average, the smaller their brain, “with the frontal and temporal lobes – important for planning and memory, respectively – particularly affected.”

No wonder Grandpa can’t remember where he put that “Double Down.”

Since a vegan diet (no fatty, cheesy crap) is almost guaranteed to make you slimmer, it can likely also increase your odds of staying sharp as you age. Our four billboards drive home the point that a pure vegetarian diet is a smart diet. Cast your votes here.

Which billboard should PETA run next?(survey software)

Written by Karin Bennett

Comments

• nicole licklider says:

the licklider’s vote einstein!!! we’ze luv einstein…teehee…

• nicole,ireland says:

i like the 1st one straight to the point and might get the ignorant among us thinkin twice.

• Annie says:

I like the einstein one better… it is very original… I totally will vote for that one.

• Ellen says:

I think that the Eistien one is smart funny and delivers a good message. It will get peoples attention while going by.

• Mary Ann says:

Love the Einstein! it is cute and provokes a really positive reaction. Kids will dig it too. In fact if I was driving in my car and saw the billboard I would make a point of pointing it out to the kids and the younger generation is truly who we need to connect with. Unfortunately displaying pictures of lardassed humans only offends as a majority of our population will feel compelled to defend them since they are one. They will just attack PETA again. These billboards would be great around universities. Stick to the Positive on this one PETA

• Felicity Shand says:

Einstein billboard is the best … it is also timeless can use it for decades and people still get the message.

• Mel says:

As Ive said before I was so offended when I saw the bloodied pile of naked women adbeing a victim of domestic assaultit really hit home for me and made me realise the huge changes we need to make with the treatment of ALL living creatures. I say 4 is the way to go hit the soft spots it works!

• The_Sloth says:

you should also mention that protien deficiency can reduce intelligence and cause mental retardation.

• walter Rivera says:

I live in Jacksonville FL and i saw the Billboard and i thought it was great. too bad some fat women ruined it. if its offensive then go on a diet and stop eating 50 cheeseburgers a day

• Elizabeth says:

Awesome you guys always go straight to the point and there is nothing wrong with that. Most people just don’t like having the truth in their face you rock and your billboards are very clever. Well done!

• knort says:

Meat eaters need to evolve. Go Vegan!!

• leda says:

I’d go with the Einstein one but add more color different font different picture or something to make it a little more interesting to look at

• bob bob says:

Einstein was not a veg for all the productive years of his life

• Melissa says:

I think the brain ones are going to help convince people better then just blowing it off. Theyll actualy think about it.

• Roxana says:

I like all but my fav is “Einstein was vegetarian” because it’s a good example of intelligence and compassion!

• Mike Quinoa says:

AAG Einstein went veg near the end of his life and never went back to eating flesh. Of course I don’t mind being proven wrong if you can supply a credible link. “So I am living without fats without meat without fish but am feeling quite well this way. It always seems to me that man was not born to be a carnivore.” Even still he supported the ethical concept of vegetarianism long before he became one.

• AAG says:

Einstein was only a vegetarian for a short period and then resumed eating flesh that is why I chose Going Vegetarian the Smart Choice. It’s succinct.

• thehawk411 says:

I voted for the Einstein billboard as well not that I did not think the others were not good I was just afraid that some drivers looking to quickly may associate the pictures with vegetarianism.

• Rev. Meg Schramm says:

I like “Einstein Was A Vegetarian” but I would like it better with a photo of him. I would not put it past our faulty educational system not to teach elementary and middle school students who not being drivers actually read the billboardsor at least I remember doing so who Einstein was.

• Pamela Ernest says:

I like any reference to brilliant historical vegetarians like da Vinci. Makes me feel in good company so I also voted for Einstein.

• Assya says:

Fat people are not stupid I think this is a problematic assumption although kids might find the last one funny. I love the Einstein one cute gentle funny and to the point.

• Gina says:

They are all very awesome with good points. However the Einstein one is adorable. Anyways I was wondering. What about PETA slogan saying “Silence is not golden!” You know like in the movies it’s “silence is golden”which means of course to not make any noise during a movie. BUT “Silence is NOT golden”means that one must not keep quiet if they witness any sort of cruelty or abuse but instead speak up for those who cannot speak. SILENCE IS NOT GOLDEN! Think about it! It would be sooo cool totally sends out an inspirational message. D

• Stefan says:

The ads are clever but is there a chance that by focusing on larger people we are being rather negative. We’re basically saying “don’t be like these people” whereas would a more positive message be instead “be more like us”. The Einstein one is the best of the 4 though.

• vegancoin says:

yeah going vegan is a smart choice this implied a commonsense approach. scratch number 3 einstein only tried vegetarianism briefly towards the end of his life a bit toom greenwashy. i chose number 1 over number 4 tough choice.

• Brien Comerford says:

Einstein was not a vegetarian. Leonardo Da Vinci was !

• Rachel says:

I love them all but Einstein is my favorite!

• jimmy says:

Number 2 doesn’t seem very convincing since I know most people these days are attracted to pretty pictures. I’d go with number 1 I think lots of people get influenced to do something with a picture like that. The model in the picture looks like a lot of people in America and many can relate to it.

• Alex Macias says:

“Eating meat makes your penis smaller” … now that would work wonders!

• rider8 says:

PETA you are so great for being blunt and funny about really serious issues. Thanks for taking on obesity and health issues while also saving animals!

• carla says:

Sexy people are Vegetarians!

• Shallu says:

My vote goes to Einstein! Eat healthy be smart!!!

• Deb Merskin says:

I’m not sure I like any of these in terms of making a veg lifestyle and diet more attractive. I think people will be put off by them or in the case of the “Smart Choice” board not impacted. Perhaps a teaser campaign where intro the results of the study …. start with Einstein? I’m a former advertising and marketing person just my 2 cents.

• barb says:

Okay. Some more annoying ones Save the coral don’t look so horrible! Don’t pant try a plant! Stop the run just not fun! Hit the mat stop chomping on that! Duck the flu that ‘s all over you! Stop with all that oil you’re getting a boil! Sing for glory you won’t bust a floory! Go to a party you won’t be called ty! Start the party here comes smarty! Stop all the rot we’d like that a lot!

• Lou says:

1 is my fave

• Grace says:

what about…. GIVE CHICKEN THE BIRD. GO VEGETARIAN.

• Tim T. says:

I like the first with the fat dude

• Cindy says:

Keep it nonoffensive please. You catch more flies with honey than vineger I know that’s not vegan but you get the point. People should be attracted to the vegetarian lifestyle not made to feel that we’re downing them.

• Claudia DeSantis says:

Love them all but the Einstein one is too cute!!!

• Eric S says:

I like 3 the best with 2 coming in a close second. 3 provides an actual fact which none of the others do. 2 gets the message across simply. 1 and 4 to me are just kind of mean and don’t even really have any shock value. 1 says to check “the study” but doesn’t give any information as to what study to check. Honestly I am disappointed by all 4 of these. I think PETA could do a lot better.

• Beth says:

i love the first one. so funny and that dude is so gross!!

• Shazzie says:

i 3 the einstein one!

• Rennek says:

I like 2 although 3 is cute.

• Emily R. says:

The Einstein one is great! It looks cute and the message is awesome! All these billboards have good points though. I 3 PETA Go Veg!

• mrc says:

If you swap the pictures for the first and the last it would work a lot better!

• Jimbo Duggins says:

That Einstein billboard is just too cute!!

• Summer says:

These are so cute! I love the Einstein billboard!

• Shari says:

Opps! I think it should go like this Be lean Go green Go Vegetarian There I think that is better!

• Shari says:

How aboutGo Lean Go Green Go Vegetarian and show a man and a women looking really fit and healthy and sexy!

• Jill says:

nonoffensive

• Mel says:

Brain food a balanced diet. ’nuff said.