Burberry Gets Owned

Written by PETA | November 17, 2006

Yesterday morning, PETA UK showed up at Burberry’s flagship store in London, chained themselves to the doors, and hung around until the cops showed up. The BBC picked up the story, which you can check out here, and there are plenty of pictures for everyone. Check it out.

petaprotest.jpg

PETA anti fur protest at Burberry in London 5.jpg

PETA anti fur protest at Burberry in London today 6.jpg

Video of the Protest

More pics after the jump.

Comments

• Chris Kane says:

You are defaming legitimate business based on slanderous and meritless accusations. Christopher Bailey is one of England’s most talented innovative designers and he has earned the right to use which ever resources God gave us on this earth to fulfull his creative visions. Smearing “blood” on store windows? I hope you realize that these tactics are counterproductive towards your own agenda. Are you growing frustrated with the fashion industry’s dismissive response to your protests? Perhaps it’s because your ideology is based on emotive responses to percieved crimes against animal welfare. Perhaps it’s because your protests involve throwing paint on store windows. Do you expect Burberry to take anything you all have to say seriously? Do you expect them to react with anything other than justified anger and resentment? Just a thought.

• suchitra.krishna says:

Oh my god!!! I was shocked after watching this videoit was awsomei wish i could also join u guysbut unfortunately im in INDIA. I wish i could do something like this in our country too…

• moniswims says:

hey this is to jana im 11 and i’m a veggie eater tryin hard to. that strike must of been awesome

• b sturge says:

that was a really good protest

• kristen says:

Keep fighting for the animals!!! No one else can help them…

• Erin says:

Dear PETA Never give up on your dreams. There are thousands of us giving you full support. We are all by your side. As for burberry and other one of those stores….I look forward to vandalizing their stores anytime!! “Don’t treat others the way you don’t want to be treated” SUPPORT THE PETA!! END ANIMAL CRUELTY!!

• Tracy says:

Loved it! Very inspiring. I am ready to protest now!

• sydney says:

Mr. Meaty and Julia…don’t you realize that you have to be revolutionary to effect CHANGE and to get people to notice the cruelty to animals? It’s not over the line. What’s a little fake red blood on a glass window as compared to the mutilation of our dear creatures who trust us and love us? What’s the matter with Burberry? Have they no soul? Have they no conscience? Is it all about the bottom line and shareholders and more material crap? I’m sick of it. Mr. Meaty and Julia if you love animals step up to the plate and prove it. PETA keep up the brave work and know that you have thousands upon thousands of people behind you.

• Dheeraj says:

To Meaty You just need to see just once what kind of extreme cruelty is taking place in fur farms and animal industry and I bet you will stop calling it vandalism.

• Dhiraj says:

I’m all for protesting animal cruelty and I hate fur especially since I am a vegetarian. But honestly guys I think that was WAY over the line. How would we like it if people came up to a vegetarian store and splashed paint all over it and put signs up. It’s just not right. There are much better ways to prove your point but in my opinion this just makes people think that vegetarians are annoying extremists. Stunts like this give vegetarians a bad name. If we honestly would like to teach people to live a vegetarian life free of animal cruelty it sure as hell will not be like that. To Julia Your approach can be adopted when there is a fight between the equals. As you will agree the industries involved in the animal trade food clothing etc. are well established organizations and are very strong financially and even a very large section od scoiety supports them by purchasing their products. The only way a weaker section can protest is this only. The animal industry wont understand any logic easily because its all a money matter. We have to do something which touches their heart deeply that might might make them change their business !!

• Marabara says:

As a 15 year old vegetarian I hate the use of fur…I am passionate about stopping these cruel acts against animals especially the baby seal hunts in canada. Thanks so much for educating the world about the severe mistreatment and cruelty these animals experience! See you at the burberry protest in San Diego! marabara

• MARIFER says:

ES UNA CRUELDAD VER ESA FOTOGRAFIA EN DONDE ESTA EL ANIMALITO SIN SU PIEL NO ES POSIBLE QUE ESTEN SUCEDIENDO ESTE TIPO DE COSAS NO SOPORTO VER A UN ANIMAL MALTRATADO NI VIOLENTADO DE ESA MANERA ME DAN ASCO LAS PERSONAS QUE LES QUITAN SUS PIELES PARA VENDERLAS CASTIGOS MAS FUERTES PARA QUIEN LES QUITA SUS PIELES A LOS ANIMALES MUY BUENA CAMPAA YO LOS APOYO DESDE MI PAIS MEXICO.

• marissa says:

i liked it! i wouldnt mind joining if i wasnt living in conservative Arabia. they should have used some video clips. Keep it up!

• Mr. Meaty says:

UH… This is vandalism. Your organization should be sued for this.

• Julia says:

• Vinny says:

You really didn’t have to deface the store I understand getting the point across but it shouldn’t have been done like that. Good choice doing it in England where there is no guns may have gotten shot over here.

• John Carmody says:

This was amazing the demo went really well i just seeing myself screaming Fur Is Murder on the video wow it’s a small world all the same. John x ARAN.IE

• K says:

“”Hi All I have this fur coat not from Berberry that I got for my birthday. I don’t know what to do with it ” Hi K PETA has a great program where people can donate their unwanted fur coats. We give them away to the homeless and use them in street theatre to educate people about the cruelty of fur. Check out this link to learn more httpwww.furisdead.comdonate.asp ” Thank You so much for the info Nicole! I owe you one

• ben hammock says:

as i am a skater i hate burberry any way but that has just taken me to my limits i hate those idiotic people who treat animals like that i got around my school telling people how bad it is and my and my friends have joined the street team on peta2 the people in that film should keep protesting well done b.h age 13

• Tereza says:

Whats the worst Burberry is going to expand into central Europe there is a shop planned to be in Prague Czech republic where I live I dont want them here !

• Allon Verheul says:

I’ve send them an E.mail but i never received something back. i was very angry and showed them pictures of the left over they leave behind….i dont think it got to them but still I tried. GREAT PROTEST!!

• sarah says:

what an awesome protest!

• Ashes says:

great job. i admire your courage as well as your beliefs. keep up the awsome work i may be 14 but i have incredebly strong opinions. this has somewhat renewed my hope in the world

• selma says:

now that is the kind of attitude i was praying to see. keep on keepin on and remember that animal cruelty is wrong no matter how you phrase it or do it

• U says:

Uneducated bastards.

• Marc says:

Isn’t that kind of illegal?

• Matias Rosen says:

all this gives me hope. love from argentina keep fighting!

• rabbit says:

hiya! i love what you are doing obviously and i would like some info on how to be involved in these protests…. and would love to do the running of the nudes this year but need some one to go with…! i already work in animal welfare but would love to do more. any tips? x

• Jack says:

“Hi All I have this fur coat not from Berberry that I got for my birthday. I don’t know what to do with it ” Hi K PETA has a great program where people can donate their unwanted fur coats. We give them away to the homeless and use them in street theatre to educate people about the cruelty of fur. Check out this link to learn more httpwww.furisdead.comdonate.asp

• nicole horton says:

good job we have to continue to fight these ignorant people !!! do whatever it takes

• Trisha says:

Don’t give up keep fighting for all the animals that can’t fight for themselves.

• Niran says:

Its an awesme demo! Keep up the great work activists!

• andy ortonero says:

It’s very terrefying burberry!!!! Stop cruelty to animals!!! Support PETA!!!

• Denise Anderson says:

Great job! I hope that you inspire others to do the same!

• alexa says:

wat you are doing is great I’m doing a health project on your cause so keep it up!

• Joe says:

You are truly an inspiration!

• shee says:

wow dey have gutz.

• Jamie Lee says:

Why would you deface the store window of burberyy like that? that is very unnecessary i know you want to get your point across but do it another way instead of vandalizing Burberry!

• Magneta says:

omg they are dedicated! i’m only 13 but i’d love to do this kinda stuff but im not even allowed to be a vegatarinan yet.

• Marissa the Vegan says:

Great job. Keep on protesting and prove a point.

• K says:

• amy says:

it is so hard to be a vegetarin but im 12 and i have been okayy so far !!

• Jana says:

I admire your courage for somthing you truly belive in Dont give up!!

• Kallie H says:

Thats amazing I would LOVE to do something like that in Chicago!

• AnimlLib says:

Very very nice indeed.

• margarita says:

Awesome job you guys. keep it up!

• Luke S says:

burberry is retarded! great protest

• Ly says:

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. Keep up the good work my friends!

• Adam says:

YES! If I didn’t live in such a lame country Canada I’d be doing that sort of stuff at every chance too bad. Well keep fighting the good fight!