Britney’s Latest Fur Pas

Written by PETA | April 17, 2007

Maybe Britney should stick to her trademark crotch shots, because her new post-rehab look definitely isn’t working for her. Unless of course she’s actually going for the whole “street walker” look, in which case she nailed it. I’m referring to this pic from an article talking about her supposed “comeback”:

BritneyInFur.jpg

I realize the girl has had it rough and the whole teen star aftermath meltdown was inevitable, but now that she’s got a couple of husbands and a stint in rehab behind her, one would think she’d get over her desperate need for attention and ditch the furs. Anyway, if you’d like to send her some inspirational thoughts to help her get over her current fur addiction, you can do that here (click on the star).

And of course, if the furs are fake Britney, I totally take back the whole “street walker” thing. I was just joshing with ya.

Comments

• Jean Campbell says:

please get your act together. wearing another animals skin is not clever and no one wants to see it ok

• kj says:

Britters this aint a good look sweetheart lose the fur and grow some hair…pronto. PS get a stylist and if you have one they should be sacked.

• Bronwen Loock says:

Do Britney and Beyonce give a though to the animals that were savagely tortured as they rap their fur coats around themselves. These animals died just to satisfy a fashion trend. This is not humane. Britney the fur looks beautiful on the animals but disgusting on you.

• Joe Limit says:

screw all that biblical sophistry written a few posts ago..im sick of christians feeling all moralistic and fine about themselves when their religion is one of the main perpetuators of the animal industry..after Britney takes off her coat of cruelty she’ll be left to take a bath of shame..im not surprised at seeing the coat on her..this is America.. land of ignorance and apathy..

• Hannah Blessing says:

Britney please don’t wear fur! I’m sorry things have been bad for you lately. Look for the silver lining alright? Practicing compassionate living will help you with that.

• Mellie says:

WOW Come on Britt you dont seem like a MEAN person why the fur please reconsider. I THINK SHE WILL…

• coleen caà says:

Britney beybeh Fame and fortune means that you can afford to buy anything and everything unde the sun. But please would it be less glamorous and vampy if you skip the whole animal skin act? If you had even a tiniest weeniest idea how these animals are tormented just to add pomp to the fashion of certain people you would swear off fur forever!

• KatGomez says:

I really think that it’s real… If it is Brit your carreer is already going downhill so please don’t try to look “all cute” with a dead animal on you because it’s not working! Go back to rehab get a NICE wig and lay of the furs honey… Your “goodgirlgone bad” act is getting kind of old…

• CARL E. ANGLIN says:

I get sick when I see how some animals are treated. They should be properly taken care of.If you can not then give or sell them to some one that can. Having said that man was made an omnivore not a carnivore or a vegetarian it is fine if that is what you want to be. But do not force your way of life on to others. As for dressing in animal skins I quote from Genesis chapter 3 verse 21. For Adam also and for his wife the Lord God made long coats of SKINS and clothed them. As for every one that has condemned Britney I have two things to say. Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone and Judge not lest you be judged by your own judgement.

• sandra says:

I cooked for Britney while she was on set for a disney production. She was very down to earth and low maintenance. Now she’s grown into a walking menace to her kids and all the poor animals in her path. Maybe she should picture someone skinning her dog alive would she wear that to?

• Felicity Brach says:

I alaways thought this woman was kind of common the way she has been behaving proves it. Now she is wearing animal fur which really says it all. And she calls herself a mother? Pathetic! Felicity Rochester N.Y.

• Chelsea S. says:

It is so sad how people in the public eye use their chance to get across to alot of people in a negative way. But seriously none of her behavior as of late has been good. I belive that when she smartensup that she will apologize for this as well as the rest of her behavior and hopefully she will mean it.

• Victoria McCord says:

I really don’t understand why people insist that once they have money they need to buy fur. It just does not make sense to me. They should make it a lawanyone wanting to purchase any type of fur be required to see a videoof how animals are tortured for their fur and Call the video “Meet your Fur”

• Joan Faszczewski says:

I been married for Thirty years you should think about your kids. Stop wearing fur. The only one that wears fur is my dog she was born with it.

• Kath says:

Fur waring Trolop!

• daylight 365 says:

Now that we are totally appalled at this excuse for a “woman” maybe we can only hope to rehabilitate her and get her on PETA’s side. 1 or 2 of their videos work like a charm at convincing even Biteney types that wearing fur is AGONY for animals. She’s been in pain so she can start to imagine god’s good creature’s strife fear slaughter and the wretched hopeless abyss these beings endure. Help Britney help PETA.

• Georgina Upson says:

In answer to the question about the “pinkness” of the fur may I point out it could easily be dyed or worse the animal could have been genetically manipulated to grow pink fur. No wonder her life’s going down the pan if she is that brainless.

• Natalie Sharpe says:

Shame on you for wearing fur! For a while I actually felt sympathetic to you and all that you’re going through but now after seeing this picture I could care less. And you’re not just inhumane to animals but to your children too. Who drives with their kid in their lap! I believe your children should be taken from you! You should get rid of the furs and get a life! Besides fur looks tacky anyway.

• NELLIE says:

WHAT’S NEXT FOR ATTENTION? FACE IT YOUR CAREER IS ON THE DOWN SIDE. KILLING AMINALSWEARING FUR IS NOT GOING TO HELP. GET REAL GET A LIFE!!!

• Kelly Lizyness says:

The only sadness I feel is for the animals that had to go into that jacket. I do not feel sorry for her at all. They say everything happens for a reason except not to animals. You must first consider what the animals go through so she can wear fur it is not fair to the animals for her to wear that jacket or any other fur piece that she has. Look at Donald his fur head piece is not real so she should consider him an inspirational icon. If Donald Trump can not wear fur then Brit can do it. No one should take the life of an animal. She is a hypocrit for saying she is for the humane society but wears fur. Brit you are a looser and I use to like your music no more.

• melitta Ramsey says:

it’s amazing when ingnorant and insecure people use their money and fame to “show off”..you have a lot of growing up to do!

• Rhowan says:

I wouldn’t call celebrities ‘people’. I wouldn’t call Spears a ‘woman’. I refer to them as ‘pieces of subhuman filth’.

• Monica says:

Should we really be surprised?This is the same woman who married K FED!That coat looks really disgustingher life won’t get much better if she continues to wear dead thingsit’s bad Chi and bad Karma

• Gayle Hyde says:

Hi Britney just thought you would like to know if you don’t already. I’ts very uncool to wear dead animal. Usually they have been skinned alive or have lived terrible lives until they met their cruel death. So be aware and don’t wear it. Regards Gayle from Australia

• Melissa says:

Wearing fur is just sad and pathetic…Britney also sad a pathetic. It’s hard to understand that in this day and age people are still living in the dark ages. Seem like now more than ever she’d want to try to win people back. That ain’t NO WAY to do it! Poo poo on you Britney!!

• deena says:

Oh poor spoiled Brit. I do realize that people can tend to have a meltdown. Get help get real and try to get over it. This is more than that. This is a girl who has done nothing but use her money in a negative way. There are so many worthy people who would love to have the money she does to help others and do right. Listen mom and dad of Brittany.. She is obviously still a child so take her home and make her stay there. She should be ashamed of herself. Thats IS real fur and the drama queen knows it. More negative attention

• Daniela says:

It’s really sad to see people carrying dead animals as objects …They are dressed in blood and death thinking they look glamorous… I dont know haw they can live with themselves.

• marie says:

hey britney i think you are a very selfish person. anyone who wears fur doesn’t have a conscience..lose the fur ..you already lost your mind..

• Kendal says:

Maybe she should have peeled her entire scalp off instead of shaving it. I bet she wouldn’t be wearing fur then!

• Tash says:

People Who Wear Fur Deserve What The Animals Had To Go Through

• Miriam & Bill says:

Britney I will make sure we will buy nothing what has your name on it and tell all my friends as well. Hope you switch to fux soon

• Marjorie Hass says:

Britney please stop wearing fur. Think of the helpless animals. They need their skin more than you do.

• Tessa says:

I CAN believe this evil person is wearing fur because she is an evil person. I didn’t say that I UNDERSTOOD her evil ways. I wish her exhusband would just KILL her already! That would save animals’ lives.

• pinky jain pan says:

Drop the fur. Be compassionate

• Jody Merlini O'Connor says:

Britney IS a SICK SPOILED CHILD. Her hairstyle is of NO CONCERN or consequence to me.

• Jennifer cordts says:

Now REALLY Brittany as if you didn’t look stupid enough.

• Sonia Cruz says:

I’m just sad to see that public figures don’t know what to do with their fame or with what’s left of it in Britney’s case or their money. That fur doesn’t look fake and it’s heartbreaking to imagine the torture those animals went through so that an idiot would wear them. What a waste!

• Maureen E. Roth says:

This women chose to shave her hair off depressed or not. Animals are NEVER given a choice when their skin gets ripped off them. Get a grip Britney a lot of kids look up to you!

• Caroline says:

Its sad to see how callous and selfish people can be. Existence of another creature in this world is of no concern to them. The unspeakable cruelty meted out towards animals in furtrade is no secret. Still all these hardhearted morons keep wearing them. What a shame. Caroline

• Judith the Freedom Fighter says:

That is “FUR.” She is nothing but a loser. I feel no sadness for this person.

• Tammy Shafer says:

go figure look what happens when white trash gets money

• kelly says:

Why is it that the celebrities who do the fur always have careers that are faltering or are going down the tubes! Fur is like a bad luck charm

• Curtis says:

Aww I love Britney. I hope Dan gets a chance to talk to her

• J. Teeple says:

I’ve never seen real fur in pink that was one of the pluses of faux. But they do look rather er “fluffy” for fakes…

• Karine says:

as one of her songs say…”HIT I BABY ONE MORE TIME”….i would hit her many times for wearing fur!

• cappuccino says:

i’m astonished that britney is sporting fur because she is a member of humane society first step to avoid cruelty to animals so i hope this one on the picture is faux. anyhow i realized that there are still many celebs wearing fur even if they are actively participating in animal rights organizations. i don’t quite understand what’s going on in their head but even if they are artists we have to be conscious that they are no saints and thus people like us and making mistakes. so it’s the task of peta etc. to educate them for example by sending them tapes of animal farms and slaughters and so on…

• vegan4animals says:

You know that damned thing looks real to me. what the was she thinking? oops forgot there isn’t much thinking going on in her head. I think i can actually see how many small animals were sewn into that coat and it always disturbs me every time.

• Sarah says:

And think I actually felt bad for her for a minuet or two….stupid people and their disgusting habits…

• doug says:

I always loved that term “just joshin ya” I think I was in grade 5 when I first heard it. Anyway I dont think it is fake and unfortuneately her career will never flourish like it did before. It just goes to show you what Karma is and how bad people wear animals. Sorry Brit I’m not Joshin ya