It’s a Boy for Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman—and Other Exciting Celeb News
Baby makes four for Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman: The newlyweds adopted a new mutt, a terrier mix named Edward. PETA helped Edward and the couple’s first dog, Esmeralda, bond over some congratulatory toys and treats.
In other celebrity news:
- Devoted dog guardians Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld are giving homeless animals a helping paw, too. At the height of kitten season, Jessica took to Instagram in order to encourage everyone to “be a cool cat yourself and adopt one.”
- Talking to Access Hollywood about how she maintains her slim, toned physique, Orange Is the New Black star Laura Prepon gave the credit to running every day and choosing healthy food. “I’m mostly vegan,” she said with a broad smile, “so every day I’m pretty much cooking vegetables in my house.”
- Another lovely lass, Lily Cole, also described herself in a recent interview as “predominantly vegan” and says, “I am mostly concerned about factory farming of animals, and do not want to support or encourage that.” And she would love for all people to do their part in protecting the planet and its inhabitants. “I would say really think about the power you have every time you buy something—you are voting for that system of doing things. That applies to food, clothes, everything. Ask questions.” Well said, Lily.
- Numerous celebrities have happily discovered the compassionate life for themselves:
while expressing my milk realised that the equivalent for cows is my milk going to the mouths of people who murder and eat my family #VEGAN
— Thandie Newton (@thandienewton) June 12, 2014
I got a question for you meat eaters, what's the difference between eating corpses or dead animals…? Ha! Ha! pic.twitter.com/4mHLPA3lkK
— Georges Laraque (@GeorgesLaraque) June 18, 2014
Dear McDonald's; Nothing personal. I just hate you with every ounce of my being. Again, nothing personal. Best wishes. @Peta
— Kristoff St John (@kristoffstjohn1) June 18, 2014
- NBA superstar-turned-animal activist Yao Ming is aiming to teach the next generation to protect animals. While helping the group Sea Turtles 911 release rescued green sea turtles back into the ocean, Yao took his daughter along to witness the experience and said, “I think it’s very important to raise awareness in our country about protecting wild animals and passing it on to our next generation like my daughter.”
To keep up with what all your favorite stars are doing for animals, make like these celebs and follow @PETA on Twitter:
— Jona Weinhofen (@jonaweinhofen) June 16, 2014
ALBUQUERQUE, NM // WARHEADS STAGE 12:45 MERCH TABLE 2:00 PETA TENT 3:00 BANDHAPPY 4:00 http://t.co/iT9cmbno0B
— the ready set (@thereadyset) June 17, 2014
If your comment doesn't appear right away, please be patient as it may take some time to publish or may require moderation.