Why Betts Should Start for the Skins This Season

Written by PETA | May 23, 2007
Ladell Betts: Badass
Ladell_Betts.jpg

I’m no football expert, and this isn’t exactly a sports blog, but I thought I’d start off the day with three great reasons why Ladell Betts should start instead of Clinton Portis as the Washington Redskins Running Back this year:

1. Ladell Betts doesn’t have a chronic shoulder injury.
  2. Ladell Betts knows how to follow his blockers.
  3. Ladell Betts doesn’t frickin’ come out on national television and defend animal abuse.

For those of you who haven’t heard about that last part yet, here’s what Portis said to reporters about the Michael Vick dogfighting scandal:

“I think people should mind their business, you know. I don’t know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it’s his property, his dog, if that’s what he wants to do, do it. … It can’t be too bad of a crime. There’s a lot of stuff that’s crimes, you know. It’s killers on the loose over here and you want to hunt down Michael Vick over fighting some dogs.”

Clinton Portis: Joker
Clinton_Portis.jpg

Clinton, buddy, I stuck by you through your lousy, injury-ridden season last year, but I think this may be the end of the road for us. There’s a great article about the story on Fox Sports, which you can check out here. And you can watch a little bit more about what dogfighting is all about here. I’m thinking Portis should be made to review that video while the rest of the team is watching game tape next year.

Comments

• Diana says:

To view part of this interview with Clinton Portis and Christopher Samuels Samuels mainly stands there and giggles like an idiot while Portis talks go to http://www.youtube.com and search for “Clinton Portis defends Michael Vick”. You’ll get the horrifying picture loud and clear. What a couple of morons!

• Barb says:

What does Al Sharpton have to say about this?

• Wink says:

I am a diehard Redskins fan and even have a Portis jersey. However this year that jersey will NOT be worn by me. What a moron!!! And as for Vick Charge and CONVICT!!!!!!!

• Jason says:

BOYCOTT ALL ITEMS ENDORSED BY VICK!!

• sally omar says:

Portis is a moron and Michael Vicks should be in prison for cruelty to animalsapparently these people have coal for hearts and they are sitting on their brains. When will people understand that animals suffer the same anxiety fear and pain that we do and should not be trained to be vicious I thought this was a crime but I guess he’s a big hotshot football player and then again he doesn’t have a brain. Sally Omar

• Sarah says:

And your a redskins fan!

• Mike says:

Point taken Tonto but Jack didn’t name the team. Don’t shoot the messenger.

• Sonny says:

CNN dissed Michael Vicks a couple weeks ago. They were talking about how his house value droped and that he sold for about half the value and showed shots of his back yard full of Kennels. Back to the CNN report come man who comes on and give his opinion said “what he did was disgusting”!

• Sonny says:

CNN dissed Michael Vicks a couple weeks ago. They were talking about how his house value droped and that he sold for about half the value and showed shots oh hs back yard full of Kennels. back to the CNN report come man who comes on and give his opinion said “what he did was disgusting”!

• tonto says:

Animals are the only exploited peoples on this Earth. I highly suggest you read this article Jack httpwww.redskinssucks.com Compassion and consideration for ALL beings.