Become an Action Hero (for Seals) on Sunday
This Sunday, March 15, is International Day of Action Against the Seal Slaughter. Why it’s not on all the calendars between Purim and St. Patrick’s Day, we’ll never know, but, hey, we’re doing our part to get the word out.
OK, so this event is big—international, even, as the name suggests. Animal protection groups of all sizes from all around the world have lots of things planned for Sunday. But you don’t need nonprofit status to get in on the action. In fact, all you need is your own dang self—or just a group of your like-minded BFFs. Here are some entirely do-able ways to become an action hero for seals:
- You’ve probably already followed through on our action alert, but if not, this would be the time for it, don’t ‘cha think?
- If you’re a Facebook fanatic, you can post our action alert to your page or sign our petition—and get your friends to sign it too.
- Think of someplace where lots of people will be on Sunday and set up a table there with information about the seal slaughter.
- Pick out a busy street corner or sidewalk—in front of a fur store, say—and hand out our attention-getting “Blood on the Ice” leaflets.
- Share our YouTube video with everyone you know.
- If you don’t have time, but you do have money, donate some to us and support our work for seals and all animals.
- If you really want to get the message out loud and clear, host your very own demo against the seal slaughter! Don’t worry, we’ve got your back! Click here to order a poster for your event and click here to order a seal mask. Take photos at your demo and e-mail them to our activist liaisons at ATeam@peta.org. We’ve got a guide that might help, too; you can check that out here.
And that’s just for starters. For more ways to be an action hero for animals all year ’round, click the “Get Active” link at the top of this page and check out our Guide to Becoming an Activist—that is, if you’re ready to become a superhero!
Written by Jeff Mackey