Ashley Tisdale: From Disney Darling to Vegan Vixen
Ahead of her upcoming nuptials to Christopher French, Ashley Tisdale is getting even more picture-perfect with a 22-day vegan cleanse. Judging from her Twitter feed, it looks like Ashley got some inspiration from Beyoncé’s bodacious bod.
PETA is sending Ashley some vegan goodies to congratulate her on two happy milestones.
In other celebrity news:
- Another Beyoncé protégé? Ozzy Osbourne gave vegan eating a try a couple of years ago, and now he’s doing it again. Ozzy says he’s enjoying a lot of roasted vegetables every day and wants to stick with it for a while. PETA sent him some cookbooks full of recipes to try in case he ever tires of his roasted veggies.
- Vegan cleanses aren’t just for adults anymore: Hollywood kids want in on the action, too. Pint-sized rapper and America’s Got Talent star Lela Brown is trying it out, as is 11-year-old Believe star Johnny Sequoyah, who noted that “whenever I finish a hamburger or doughnut I do feel tired and sometimes in a bad mood after.” Out of the mouths of babes.
- Speaking of veggie babes, we loved this tweet from Abbie Cornish:
— Abbie Cornish (@_abbiecornish) May 31, 2014
- Real tough guys know that only cowards pick on animals. That’s why notable guys’ guys such as Tommy Lee, Ultimate Fighting Championship champ Jon “Bones” Jones, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo and wide receiver Gerrard Sheppard, mixed martial arts fighter John Rallo, pro wrestler Michael Manna, and many more have cuddled up to their furry best friends for Baltimore’s “Show Your Soft Side” campaign. Started by ad agency owner Sande Riesett, the campaign aims to stop cruelty to animals in Baltimore by proving that, as the ads say, “Only a punk would hurt a cat or dog.”
- And there are plenty more manly men who aren’t afraid to stick up for animals:
Save a life. Adopt a pet.
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) June 3, 2014
— Tony Rocha (@RealTonyRocha) June 3, 2014
— Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) June 1, 2014
- What happens when animal-friendly phenomena collide? Cirque du Soleil’s new Avatar-themed show. Vegan dynamo James Cameron announced that he is partnering with the globally renowned humans-only circus to bring the magic of his PETA-award-winning film to the stage.
- We’ll leave you with some inspiration for the weekend from Bonnie-Jill Laflin:
— Bonnie-Jill Laflin (@BJLaflin) May 31, 2014
To keep up with what all your favorite stars are doing for animals, follow @PETA on Twitter.