Apple’s Animal-Friendliest Apps
When it comes to all things animal-friendly, as they say, “There’s an app for that.” PETA’s new “Be Nice to Bunnies” iPhone app featuring sexy Stephanie Pratt is the essential guide for cruelty-free shoppers. And there are oodles of other apps out there to help us with everything from finding a tasty vegan meal on the road to picking the perfect dog park. So after downloading Pratt’s buntastic app, check out PETA’s favorite animal-friendly apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Happy apping!
- Animal Free (Free!): This app decodes those unpronounceable ingredients on product labels to show what’s vegan and what’s not.
- Animal Kill Counter (Free!): This app keeps an ongoing tally of the number of chickens, cows, ducks, pigs, rabbits, and other animals who are slaughtered for food—a great way to show nonvegan friends and family the impact of what they choose to put on their plates.
- Barnivore (Free!): Sure to put you in good spirits, this app lists the many vegan beers, wines, and liquors that are available.
- Cat Piano ($0.99): Have endless fun tapping out your favorite tunes in the voices of three different kitties—your cat might even sing along!
- Food Additives ($3.99): This app gives the dirt on more than 450 food additives, including whether they are vegan and any allergies they might cause.
- Hey Walkies (Free!): This app shows all the best dog parks where you can strut your mutt in New York City.
- iLocate—Vegan Restaurants ($0.99): This app pinpoints vegan vittles anywhere!