Alicia Silverstone Blasts Dogfighting App

Written by PETA | April 26, 2011

The developer of the Android phone’s new game apparently has a heart like a robot too. Kage Games, LLC, touts its Dog Wars app as “a game that will never be in the iPhone App store.” And for good reason. Dog Wars encourages people to train virtual dogs to fight to the death and challenge other phone users to “dogfights.” Alicia Silverstone was so appalled when she heard about the app that she wrote a letter to the CEO of Google, maker of the Android, and Kage Games, asking that they pull the game right away:

“As a mom-to-be and someone who has adopted and loved rescued pit bulls, I join PETA’s millions of members in imploring you to cancel this game immediately. If one dog dies as a result of this game, you will not forgive yourself.”

Dogfighting is so cruel that it is a felony in all 50 states, but underground dogfighting continues, and the Dog Wars game does nothing but encourage this violence against dogs and other animals.

You can help by contacting the Android market team and politely asking it to stop selling this sadistic “game.”

Written by Michelle Sherrow

Comments

• Linda says:

No words can describe how I feel about this.

• melodie says:

Hugue- who cares how the word gets out.. sex sells buddy obviously by this you should be able to tell our world is a terrible place… sorry that you didnt get to see any nudity,,,….

• melodie says:

Poor dogs, people who created this game need mental help…

• I AM A Hypocrite says:

On the other hand, I have no problem with all those video games where human beings fight each other to bloody pulps, shoot at innocents or get blasted to smithereens. But God forbid that an electronic facsimile of a dog ever be harmed!!!

• Teresa Echeverría says:

Stop War dogs! What are you doing! Please think about your actions…

• busschots says:

comme quoi c’est les hommes qui rendent les animaux méchants,,,,, honte a certains humains ,,,,

• Carmen Fisher says:

Email sent and shared. This is so wrong and really saddens me. Do we not have enough of a problem with cruelty to animals without someone trying to glorify it? I have known incidents where a pit bull was forced to fight, he was scared and frightened and tried to leave the ring, their response? Push him back in till there’s a winner. The poor dog knew his fate if he went back in the ring. And this is fun why?? Why not make a game about rape? Abortion? Murder? No? EXACTLY! its not illegal in 50 states for nothing. If this is where the world is going it is truly tragic. Ill be giving my 2 dogs an extra cuddle tonight :(

• Viviana Martinez says:

Stop animal cruelty now!

• Hugue says:

this is very silly to use keywords on your page such as alicia silverstone nude, & Android. Until today I was contributing to the cause but doing your war with such keywords (nude) to catch perverts attention sucks. The worth is certainly the use of “Android” brand to beg them to trash an application by doing some kind of “bad advertisement”. It remind me methods from some few unfluent peoples from the middle east having a large influence in worldwide bureaucracy.

• manella dell'orbo says:

barbaric. stop this inhumane passtime.

• jacquie says:

This has to stop now. It is beyond cruel and sick. People who support this are the lowest form of scum depravity.

• Kel says:

This is pathetic!! Absolutely disgusting that you would promote this game!

• Jodie says:

This abuse needs to stop! It only shows the hatred people have for each-other and their environment.

• Monika Maron says:

It’s absolutely out of order and you should never let this ‘game’ to meet the market!

• Mona says:

Horrifying!!! I’ll think twice to use Android now.

• Tracy says:

In this day and age I can’t believe I have to write this comment?

• Magdalena Korzeniewska says:

Biedne zwierze :(

• Judy Broersma says:

This is sickening and deplorable. I will not support, or do business with either of these companies until the game is destroyed. Who would design such an application? It makes me ill.

• ELISA Purvis says:

Please stop the go ahead for this senseless and disgusting game

• taylor thorne says:

Poor baby. People are so gross

• Jamie says:

This is completely sick and makes my stomach turn knowing there are people out there willing to exploit this as if it’s just another sport game, its killing lives! and yes i understand there are games where you kill people or whatever but that doesn’t mean it’s right either. They should be ashamed of themselves!

• Andrea Naffin says:

Please stop selling this game.

• salome konrad says:

STOOOOOOp PLEASE. STOOOOOOOOOOOOP

• Annette Hughes says:

This Dog wars app has caused me great distress, please remove and destroy it.

• Sigh says:

Repugnant as this game is, you’ve just given it a million bucks in free publicity. You’d have been better off concentrating on real animals.

• paulina says:

I hate people who make this

• Rhiannon says:

Please Android, please stop selling this game i know several several people who will stop supporting you because of this cruel, cruel video game these babies (Pitbulls) do not deserve this.

• mister jingles says:

i ask myself which ****** jerk created this nonsense! this is the real poison!

• rani chandi says:

this is not only cruel but evil. I don’t understand how any sensible and compassionate person can call this a game!!??

• rak says:

its a danger breed but save animale if u don’t care then pls give him …..i like also pet so i can’t see this

• Jessica Quinonez says:

Enough is Enough.

• Amanda says:

Something must be done to end this senseless act even though it is a game and not “real” dogs, it is still abuse. Because of enablers like this, society allows dog fighting to exist. And Humans that abuse these wonderful creatures cause them to lash out just as an abused child lashing out. This is disgusting, as long as it is out there in the world it will continue. We must put it out of sight and out of mind to end the abuse of these gorgeous creatures. (OUT OF SIGHT AND OUT OF MIND = END OF EVIL.)

• April says:

This is horribly offensive and it’s no worse than fighting dogs for real. Why make an app like this? What could be the purpose? Entertainment? The maker and the player are sick. Do we really need to become desensitized to everything? Whatever you need me to do PETA to help get this off the market, please contact me! How can I help?

• Mirandola says:

It’s a shame !!! stop this horror

• jaclyn zywocinski says:

Take this dog fighting app out of your market!!!! It should NOT be in there for free or for sale.

• JOHN says:

Shame … YOU SHOULD USE YOUR INTELLIGENCE TO WISELY IN CREATING INTELLIGENT GAMES AND EDUCATIONAL AND NOT THE CONTRARY!!!

• Katrina Byrne says:

This is what I sent to the Android market team: Dog Wars encourages people to train virtual dogs to fight to the death and challenge other phone users to “dogfights.” Please pull the game right away. If one dog dies as a result of this game, I’d like to hope that the developer would not forgive him/herself. Just because you CAN develop these games, is not a reason to do. This game is sadistic and feeds sadism. Often people who indulge in dogfighting also visit their sadism on human beings, too. This game will encourage desentivity to both the perpetrator and victims. Dogfighting is so cruel that it is a crime in the UK, but underground dogfighting continues, and the Dog Wars game does nothing but encourage this violence against dogs and other animals. Please do the right thing and withdraw Dog Wars from the market. Thank you. Kate Byrne – kbyrneandbyrne@gmail.com

• ilis says:

B*******D!!!!!!

• Teresa Domenech says:

You have nothing better to do than to be promoting violence? Falls are not ashamed to face something like that?

• Karin Schriebl says:

Do you have no respect in Lives???? I have rescued one and I´m so happy to have this lovely dog!!! My life is richer than before!!!!!!!!!

• Kimberly McBroom says:

This is horrible. The maker’s of the game and those who sponsor it, must have a heart like a robot. I’m sorry, I’ll give the robot more credit. How cruel is this? For all the good ASPCA and PETA has done for dog fighting, this will set them back. Shame on “dog wars” app.

• niloo says:

Cancel this game for god’s sake !!!

• Cheryl Williamson says:

And they wonder why our kids are killing in schools and on playgrounds? We have games promoting killing animals and people. Pull this app.

• Melanie Neumann says:

von allen lebewesen auf der welt ist der mensch dasjenige, das das leben am wenigsten verdient hat.

• Melanie Neumann says:

• anna says:

I will have to get rid of my phone if these are the types of games your company wants to promote.

• Dianna Freeman says:

This is disgusting and I’m in amazement that this game is being published and sold. As a supporter of Peta, The Humane Society of the United States, the ASPCA and an avid dog lover I am asking you to please stop selling this horrific game and put an end to this type cyber violence. This is a crime in all 50 states and it should be a crime on the internet as well as video games.

• Explore Uruguay says:

Absolutely Disgusting. As the proud owner of a pitbull and a Dogo Argentino It makes me sick to think that this App is available. Shame on you!

• magreth sjökvist says:

please stop the dogfighting, from Magreth in Sweden!!!!

• Kinga says:

Please stop selling this game, it is wrong in so many ways!