2011’s Top Five ‘Payback Is Hell’ Moments
It’s the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. In the case of animal abusers, every so often they get done unto them just as they do. Here are this year’s best stories in which the Golden Rule put its game face on:
Leg photo © iStockphoto.com/Shelly Perry Shark photo © Getty Images/Digital Vision/Carl Roessler
- What do you get when you attach knives to birds’ legs and bet on how quickly one will kill the other? One California man attending a cockfight found out the hard way.
- Ah, España. So much to love—the beaches, the cathedrals, the food, the evisceration of men who insist on tormenting animals who have large, pointy horns …
- Isn’t there a saying (and if not, there should be)—when the gun is in someone else’s paws, the hunter gets shot?
- If fish had newspapers, the headline for the article about this incident would’ve been “Shark OK After Angler Attack.”
- When a mortally wounded deer uses the last of his strength to kill his attacker, the tragedy at least has a bittersweet ending.
Looks like animal abusers might want to consider a New Year’s resolution to adhere to the Golden Rule … or else.
If your comment doesn't appear right away, please be patient as it may take some time to publish or may require moderation.