Written by PETA
A California woman is suing Taco Bell after discovering that her beefy fast-food fixes are only 35 percent cow flesh. The other 65 percent is made up of oats, yeast, soybeans, corn starch, and various seasonings, all of which make the meat leaner and, dare we assume, less disgusting.
Considering how much gross stuff is often found in ground beef (saturated fat, cholesterol, hormones, antibiotics, E. coli, etc.) one would think that would be grounds for a lawsuit, not the other 65 percent.
Since Taco Bell's "beef" is already mostly vegan, why not go all the way? "One hundred percent cruelty-free" has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Written by Michelle Sherrow
Rich a look up the definition of cannibal it is somebody that eats humans and carnivores eat meat. Now that we got that straight, if we are going to kill an animal to eat it, we may as well eat all the parts, dont u think? NO seeing a cows head does not make me not want to eat meat. I believe how they treat the animals leading up to their death is wrong and free range meat should be encouraged. But it is simply natural for humans to eat meat, its just part of the food chain. The bigger animal eats the smaller animal, dont u think a lion or a black bear would eat u if they had the chance? Flesh is delicious and jesus ate meat too
Why are we appalled? Well, let's see, because using any amount of meat no matter what is disgusting maybe. Or maybe because when Taco Bell advertises they advertise 100% beef. I guess we should be happy that only 35% of a cow is actually used versus 100% but to me, that's not good enough.
As to your second question, why won't we leave these people alone? Well, because then we wouldn't be very good activists would we? No one ever got anywhere just being complacent to sit on their behind and watch the death that happens right before their eyes without saying a word, when in fact they want it to stop.And I am guessing you work for Taco Bell, as there are tons of other companies on this website whose animal abuse and exploitation are exposed and you are sticking up for THEM?
As far as the picture goes (it's a cow btw), oats and spices weren't used because oats and spices aren't what we are fighting against the exploitation of. We are fighting for the lives of animals (like this poor one in the picture which offends you so) and sometimes it takes the graphic imagery to get the people who would rather look away than pay attention to do just that, pay attention. Just my personal opinion. Have a nice day! :)
To ALEX: First of all, the fries in your "happy meal" aren't just bad for you because of the oil, but if we are talking specifically about McDeath, they are bad because they in fact contain meat and dairy in them. It's true, look it up.
Second, grass fed and free range don't mean anything except the obvious, they are fed grass and instead of being confined to a cage where they can barely breathe let alone stand up or spread their wings, chickens are crammed into a shed instead. That is the sad truth of "free range" it actually SOUNDS better than the reality of it is. Free range isn't chickens who get to walk around in the sunshine and live a higher-quality life. Free range is just being out of a cage and crammed into a larger space with more chickens; a larger cage if you will (feel free to look that up as well. Either way the whole point of being vegan, to me anyway, isn't just to have animals be slaughtered after they have lived a better life, it's to not be used as products AT ALL. "Free range" or grass fed, in cages, or grain fed, they shouldn't be products, at all, period.
On a side note, I am so completely up for vegan tacos but I can make them at home for half the price I'd probably spend at a vegan taco bell. lol
you have a general question for PETA and would like a response, please e-mail Info@peta.org. If you need to report cruelty to
an animal, please click
here. If you are reporting an animal in imminent danger and know where to find the
animal and if the abuse is taking place right now, please call your local
police department. If the police are unresponsive, please call PETA
immediately at 757-622-7382 and press 2.
Follow PETA on Twitter!
Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. We never considered the impact of these actions on the animals involved. For whatever reason, you are now asking the question: Why should animals have rights? Read more.