Written by PETA
There's nothing I'd rather do than write PETA's blog while everyone else is dancing and drinking Mojitos … Wait, I mean shoveling their cars out of a snowdrift or still stranded at an airport! Around this time last year, I mentioned once or twice how much I love "Top 10" lists. Well, while some things change, like Paris Hilton's furry ways—my love of lists, however, remains. And it seems I'm not the only one at PETA …
And so, I give you the "Top 10 PETA Top 10 Lists," as agreed upon by consensus by me.
10. PETA's Top 10 Patriotic AdsBecause I was going to put our "Sexiest Vegetarian Soldiers" on this list until I realized that we only announced five winners (one for each branch).
9. Top 10 Best Meals in Norfolk, VirginiaBecause I wrote the list. And I like to eat.
8. Top 10 'Ditch Exotic Skin' CampaignsBecause the cold-blooded exotic skins industry is just as bad as the fur industry.
7. Top 10 Animal-Friendly SuperheroesBecause I'm a nerd. That's right!
6. Top 10 Impotence AdsBecause how many organizations or companies could compile a list of their top impotence ads?
5. Top 10 Vegetarian-Friendly PrisonsBecause in some places prisoners get so obese they have to let them go. No joke.
4. Top 10 Most Karmic Moments for Animal Abusers in 2008Because you get what's coming to you.
3. Top 10 Vegetarian-Friendly BallparksBecause it's a classic! Come on, Norfolk Tides—let's get you back on the Minor League List next year!
2. Top 10 Most Over-Bred DogsBecause it is shocking and absolutely awful how much breedism is out there. I cringe every time I hear someone ask what type of breed an animal is.
1. Top 10 Reasons Not to Eat Tuna or Salmon Because people kill so many fish for food each year. But ya know we also have lists for pigs, turkeys, cows, and chickens.
What's noticeably missing from this list? Along with um … PETA's Top 10 Products to Stock Your Desk With and 28 years' worth of other top 10 lists, you might also notice the absence of peta2's popular annual Top 10 Most Vegetarian-Friendly Colleges. Well after my alma mater lost in the final round to someone else's, I'm still demanding a recount!
And lastly, if that's not enough for you, I suggest you check out our Top 10 Reasons to Go Vegetarian in 2009.
Written by Joel Bartlett
you have a general question for PETA and would like a response, please e-mail Info@peta.org. If you need to report cruelty to
an animal, please click
here. If you are reporting an animal in imminent danger and know where to find the
animal and if the abuse is taking place right now, please call your local
police department. If the police are unresponsive, please call PETA
immediately at 757-622-7382 and press 2.
Follow PETA on Twitter!
Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. We never considered the impact of these actions on the animals involved. For whatever reason, you are now asking the question: Why should animals have rights? Read more.